Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
potnoodle

tonights phone in

3-5-2 would be a cracking shout.

Centre backs could be 3 from: Morgan/Moore/SSL/Whitbread/Sesay/Taft

RWB: RDL/Marshall/Moore

LWB: Schlupp/Konch/Dyer

CM: James/King/Drinkwater/Danns/Wellens

AM: Knockaert/Marshall/Cain

ATT: Wood/Schlupp/Nugent/Waghorn/Vardy

Sorted, absolutely love it. Could do with one more centre back but genuinely think we are not far off at all. 

3-5-2 would be a cracking shout.

Centre backs could be 3 from: Morgan/Moore/SSL/Whitbread/Sesay/Taft

RWB: RDL/Marshall/Moore

LWB: Schlupp/Konch/Dyer

CM: James/King/Drinkwater/Danns/Wellens

AM: Knockaert/Marshall/Cain

ATT: Wood/Schlupp/Nugent/Waghorn/Vardy

Sorted, absolutely love it. Could do with one more centre back but genuinely think we are not far off at all. 

We should be selling the one's crossed out(apart from Sesay, who isn't probably ready just yet), but we basically need to sell St Ledger, Danns, Wellens & Waghorn unless they take a pay cut or up their games.

We should be selling the one's crossed out(apart from Sesay, who isn't probably ready just yet), but we basically need to sell St Ledger, Danns, Wellens & Waghorn unless they take a pay cut or up their games.

Not exactly a queue forming though is there. 

I'm stil sticking with my prediction that we won't sign any new faces at all. 

I'm really struck by two things.

Firstly, the increased call for Danns to play a part in the season to come.

Secondly, the low levels of expectation for the forthcoming season. The bookies have Pearson as favourite to win 'the sack race' at 2/1.

This implies the bookies feel we will start poorly and that Pearson will lose his job as a result.

Compare this to two seasons back where the summer was filled with hope and expectation, reflected in the bookies having us as joint faves for the league with West Ham.

Either Pearson is playing this absolutely right, with his tried and trusted young squad or its a sad indictment on how very average we've become (or predicted we have become) vis a vis the chances we've blown of promotion.

Interesting stuff indeed. The bookies rarely get stuff wrong, although they did, of course, with Sven and his ridiculous reign.

Well we've been favourites to win the league since the Thais turned up, so maybe this means we'll actually have some success this season?!

Come on Col, the bookies are very rarely right. They just base their odds on what they think people will lay the most money on, not what they think will happen.

Danns is the player that becomes a hero by not playing. I think that speaks volumes about him to be honest.

He's not the worst player I've ever seen but I'd rank him 4th out of our central midfielders, and that's not including an untested and highly rated Cain. He's our highest paid central midfielder (him or Wellens) and me being the cynic, why did he join Leicester when he could've joined a Premier League club? ££££

If he gets back in the team and proves me wrong then fair play, but I'm convinced people only like him because he's got some novelty hairstyle and loves the arselicking on Twitter. Seems to be the way to win over a lot of fans these days. Beckford tweets saying "good luck to MY club Leicester" and all of a sudden everyone forgets the half-arsed displays lol Unbelievable.

Good luck Danns but you've got a LONG way to go for me to be a fan.

He's such a poor player. I think he's one of those players who flatters to deceive - he looks dynamic and full of energy and he's always very visible - it's usually because he's chasing the ball because he's lost it or making a poor last ditch tackle because he can't get in the right positions to win the ball simply. Whereas players like King get lambasted for 'going missing' or being 'lightweight' because he's always in the right place to make a well timed interception, he's never chasing the ball because his passing is spot on and his ball retention is good and consequently he isn't as 'visible' to the crowd.

The phrase headless chicken comes to mind when discussing Danns. He's got a lot of energy, but no discernable skill as a central midfielder. You often find that a lot of people clamouring for Danns to return to the side are the same people who slag of Martyn Waghorn for working hard for the side and not scoring many goals. Seems a bit ironic to me.

Danns is a LCFC player. While he is with us I will support him, its not like he has ever said he wanted to leave or abused the fans. So if he comes back fighting and plays as well as we know he can I don't mind him being around

This, 100%. I was the first to admit that he was absolute shite in the last game I saw him play - that miserable night against Burton - but we know he's a good Championship midfielder on his game, we know he's fit and we know he went on loan precisely because he wanted game time. His wages are probably high, yes, but that's the club's fault, not his own, and if he fights his way back into the squad, given he offers something else - there's the CMF legwork and his style of cutting in as an AMF for long shots reminds me of Nuge in a way - it will, as the old cliché goes, "be like signing a new player."

Besides, someone needs to show Vardy what dreadlocks are supposed to look like.  :ph34r:

brilliant tonight..youngy saying we have a good enough team and then mentioned a 'tough' midfield which included gallagher??..stringer trying to smooth over most peoples concerns that no one is coming in by saying the squad is more than good enough..then the ringmaster himself pearson telling us wait for it....'we are working hard'

not even north korea's state controled tv/radio is as blinkerd as this...move over only fools & horses,the phone in  is here

lol  quality

Danns is the player that becomes a hero by not playing. I think that speaks volumes about him to be honest.

He's not the worst player I've ever seen but I'd rank him 4th out of our central midfielders, and that's not including an untested and highly rated Cain. He's our highest paid central midfielder (him or Wellens) and me being the cynic, why did he join Leicester when he could've joined a Premier League club? ££££

If he gets back in the team and proves me wrong then fair play, but I'm convinced people only like him because he's got some novelty hairstyle and loves the arselicking on Twitter. Seems to be the way to win over a lot of fans these days. Beckford tweets saying "good luck to MY club Leicester" and all of a sudden everyone forgets the half-arsed displays lol Unbelievable.

Good luck Danns but you've got a LONG way to go for me to be a fan.

Happens a lot. Look at Schlupp- people were so desperate for him to stay when he went on trial to Man United, "If they see something in him then he must be great etc", he comes back and, to be honest, didn't show a lot of quality as a striker.

Happens a lot. Look at Schlupp- people were so desperate for him to stay when he went on trial to Man United, "If they see something in him then he must be great etc", he comes back and, to be honest, didn't show a lot of quality as a striker.

True that. However, I don't believe he really got that much of playing time as a striker upon his return.

Besides, he's still only 20.

Oh, and he did score against Bolton, Birmingham and Derby. So he must be doing something right. :thumbup:

All this Danns stuff makes me laugh, where as he runs around a lot chasing the ball or trying to retrieve it. Even his admirers don't prise his passing. His tackling is crude at best and is liking to concede free kicks. Fine he go's from box to box and nets a couple, have you all forgot the spaces on midfield that caused so much concern? Yet with king who closes people down, positions himself well so the opposition move the ball around him his missing and while doing this is playing deeper so scores less is now not the player he was!!!!

All this Danns stuff makes me laugh, where as he runs around a lot chasing the ball or trying to retrieve it. Even his admirers don't prise his passing. His tackling is crude at best and is liking to concede free kicks. Fine he go's from box to box and nets a couple, have you all forgot the spaces on midfield that caused so much concern? Yet with king who closes people down, positions himself well so the opposition move the ball around him his missing and while doing this is playing deeper so scores less is now not the player he was!!!!

Judging by Danns' performances before he was dropped, he played poorly. That's why he was dropped. Why he was dropped for so long and didn't feature any more, I can't tell.

As for King - you state it yourself. He used to play in a more advanced CAM role, but last season, was somewhat converted to a CDM. He went "missing" because people cannot appreciate all the effort he put in defensively.

Some fans are still stuck in this mindset that King is only good when he scores ten or more goals a season. He was instructed to play in a more defensive position, hence the lack of goals and the lack of runs forward.

That he was actually very efficient as a defensive-oriented midfielder, some fans failed to detect. But that's their ignorance, not my problem.

True that. However, I don't believe he really got that much of playing time as a striker upon his return.

Besides, he's still only 20.

Oh, and he did score against Bolton, Birmingham and Derby. So he must be doing something right. :thumbup:

I know he scored goals, but the Derby goal was when he was playing out wide (where he looked far more comfortable).

As a striker he just looked a bit lost.

Because we didn't do well enough to go up last season and we haven't bought any players, nor do we look like doing so.

Because we've seen those players and they've never looked good enough. St Ledger has always been average at this level, Moore's looked shit at centre back, Whitbread has looked slow and a bit crap as well. Whitbread may be better than we saw last season but I'm not holding my breath.

Danns has never had a game (no I don't mean it like that). He just runs around like a headless chicken. How is he going to change? He's not going to miraculously develop a passing ability. He's not going to learn how to tackle if he's not done at his age.

James and King look promising but neither are tough guys if we need to play that way. We do get bullied in certain matches and we need to address that.

I agree, but it's all about timing. The time for positivity is when the season actually starts and then again when we're shown something encouraging. And at the matches especially if you're in the crowd.

Sometimes over-positivity does my head in as well though. There's nothing wrong with being objective about things instead of just saying things are going to be fine. I'm sure deep down everyone is concerned about our situation and how it is going to affect our ability to move forward on the pitch.

This This This

Col City Fan & Kitchandro - I respect the fact that you both have a view regarding Neil Danns, however, although he was blatantly poor in the infamous match against Burton (I was there too) so were many of our other players that night. Danns clearly wanted to play for us, but he choose completely the wrong way to go about demonstrating this and also at the wrong time for Pearsons liking. So I can actually understand Pearsons point of view to a degree and I do get the arguments against Danns. The manager's job though is partly to identify and get the best out of good players through understanding the different personalities and complexities amongst the squad. In my humble opinion, although I support Pearson and have no issue with him continuing as our manager, this is a major weakness of his.

Danns screwed up yes. But we all do at times. Remember though that Sven signed him for good reason. At the time, he was arguably the best holding midfield player in the Championship (I know he gets utilised more as an attacking player at LCFC but try and recall just how excellent he was at Palace week in week out and how influential he was during his good run in our team under Sven). I have a lot of sympathy with him as he was overlooked at the start of last season for players that you could reasonably argue were inferior to him. As I mentioned earlier, I accept that his reaction at the time was poor.

Beckford is a different kettle of fish - so I don't buy into all this Beckford & Danns joint bad apple nonsense. Through hard work and some good pre-season form, my belief is that Danns should definitely be given the opportunity to re-establish himself in our squad. He would be an asset and also offer something different to the players we've got here. I just get the feeling this might happen too.

Col City Fan & Kitchandro - I respect the fact that you both have a view regarding Neil Danns, however, although he was blatantly poor in the infamous match against Burton (I was there too) so were many of our other players that night. Danns clearly wanted to play for us, but he choose completely the wrong way to go about demonstrating this and also at the wrong time for Pearsons liking. So I can actually understand Pearsons point of view to a degree and I do get the arguments against Danns. The manager's job though is partly to identify and get the best out of good players through understanding the different personalities and complexities amongst the squad. In my humble opinion, although I support Pearson and have no issue with him continuing as our manager, this is a major weakness of his.

Danns screwed up yes. But we all do at times. Remember though that Sven signed him for good reason. At the time, he was arguably the best holding midfield player in the Championship (I know he gets utilised more as an attacking player at LCFC but try and recall just how excellent he was at Palace week in week out and how influential he was during his good run in our team under Sven). I have a lot of sympathy with him as he was overlooked at the start of last season for players that you could reasonably argue were inferior to him. As I mentioned earlier, I accept that his reaction at the time was poor.

Beckford is a different kettle of fish - so I don't buy into all this Beckford & Danns joint bad apple nonsense. Through hard work and some good pre-season form, my belief is that Danns should definitely be given the opportunity to re-establish himself in our squad. He would be an asset and also offer something different to the players we've got here. I just get the feeling this might happen too.

I don't think Danns really has a bad attitude - although he could do with focusing a bit more on football and a bit less on his social media profiles and Spitter app - I just think he doesn't really have anything to offer to a top end Championship side.

I've said many times before, his control is poor, he's poor in the tackle, his positioning isn't great, his passing isn't great... he's got a good engine and a bit of drive, but that's not enough when you can't do the basics well enough. Couple that with the amount of money he's reportedly on and I'd get rid at the first opportunity TBH. Nothing against the guy, he's just not good enough and paid too much IMO.

Col City Fan & Kitchandro - I respect the fact that you both have a view regarding Neil Danns, however, although he was blatantly poor in the infamous match against Burton (I was there too) so were many of our other players that night. Danns clearly wanted to play for us, but he choose completely the wrong way to go about demonstrating this and also at the wrong time for Pearsons liking. So I can actually understand Pearsons point of view to a degree and I do get the arguments against Danns. The manager's job though is partly to identify and get the best out of good players through understanding the different personalities and complexities amongst the squad. In my humble opinion, although I support Pearson and have no issue with him continuing as our manager, this is a major weakness of his.

Danns screwed up yes. But we all do at times. Remember though that Sven signed him for good reason. At the time, he was arguably the best holding midfield player in the Championship (I know he gets utilised more as an attacking player at LCFC but try and recall just how excellent he was at Palace week in week out and how influential he was during his good run in our team under Sven). I have a lot of sympathy with him as he was overlooked at the start of last season for players that you could reasonably argue were inferior to him. As I mentioned earlier, I accept that his reaction at the time was poor.

Why is this post aimed at me?

If you read my posts, I'm in the 'Danns has something to offer' camp. Always have been.

Why I posted what I posted is because I'm surprised at so much love for Danns NOW, when many wanted him gone last season.

The usual hypocrisy I suspect? Hope that makes it clearer.

All this being said I think it's quite safe to say that there's not much interest from other clubs for Danns, so he'll be part of the squad this season. I think the game time he got at huddersfield probably did him some good, and he might end up surprising a few people on here. It's no secret that we need a bit more energry in the last 10 minutes or so - and I'd much rather Danns come on than Wellens or Gallagher

Archived