Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
potnoodle

tonights phone in

brilliant tonight..youngy saying we have a good enough team and then mentioned a 'tough' midfield which included gallagher??..stringer trying to smooth over most peoples concerns that no one is coming in by saying the squad is more than good enough..then the ringmaster himself pearson telling us wait for it....'we are working hard'

not even north korea's state controled tv/radio is as blinkerd as this...move over only fools & horses,the phone in  is here

We've got the right players for 3-5-2. Knockaert would actually play through the middle too. De Laet And Schlupp as wing backs would be good.

We've got the right players for 3-5-2. Knockaert would actually play through the middle too. De Laet And Schlupp as wing backs would be good.

Not the only one to say this Bert, but I agree.

That formation worked with Hull and Watford, and like you say we have the right players for it. 

Knockaert or Marshall in the middle could make a huge impact, I can remember when we first brought Marshall and we played him in the free role and he played really well and was scoring goals, since then we have just continued to stick him out wide, apart from some good assists, he hasn't managed to play to his potential.

Wanted him in the middle last season, would like to see him given a chance their this upcoming season. 

chris wood...'we needed to go away and rest'...thought they had been resting since huddersfield in the cup?

Well no, considering we were a last minute penalty away from Wembley.

To be honest i'm not worried about new faces, i still think we another talent to rock the championship. Marshall is still very young, Knocky's second season!, Kasper in goal!, we've got Morgan, Schlupp is simply getting better and better, King always remains strong in that midfield, young Liam Moore is getting better and better and has one year of experience under his belt. Lloyd Dyer had a good season last, Neil Danns looks set to be given another chance, Gallagher can play in any attacking position, James second season!, De Laet's second season!, Futacs didn't see him much last season but if he gets a good pre season, last season we had a few young players who'd never played in the championship before but now they have a year of experience. 

To be honest i'm not worried about new faces, i still think we another talent to rock the championship. Marshall is still very young, Knocky's second season!, Kasper in goal!, we've got Morgan, Schlupp is simply getting better and better, King always remains strong in that midfield, young Liam Moore is getting better and better and has one year of experience under his belt. Lloyd Dyer had a good season last, Neil Danns looks set to be given another chance, Gallagher can play in any attacking position, James second season!, De Laet's second season!, Futacs didn't see him much last season but if he gets a good pre season, last season we had a few young players who'd never played in the championship before but now they have a year of experience. 

Lets not forget Whitbread under a full pre season could be solid. Like he was when in Norwich's promotion year ;) 

Innocent blondeicesterpool" post="2664449" timestamp="1373911349"]To be honest i'm not worried about new faces, i still think we another talent to rock the championship. Marshall is still very young, Knocky's second season!, Kasper in goal!, we've got Morgan, Schlupp is simply getting better and better, King always remains strong in that midfield, young Liam Moore is getting better and better and has one year of experience under his belt. Lloyd Dyer had a good season last, Neil Danns looks set to be given another chance, Gallagher can play in any attacking position, James second season!, De Laet's second season!, Futacs didn't see him much last season but if he gets a good pre season, last season we had a few young players who'd never played in the championship before but now they have a year of experience.

Gally can suck bollocks, Danns might be able to worm his way back in because we need a midfielder. My pompey mate said Futacs is decent in the Championship but tends to go missing (it's not just us!). Otherwise spot on.

It will be an interesting start to the season - very unique in the fact that it's the first time I can remember where we haven't been active in the transfer window. 

It will mean that the same group of players would have had another whole pre season to gel, and really get to grips with how to play to the best of everyone's potential. 

brilliant tonight..youngy saying we have a good enough team and then mentioned a 'tough' midfield which included gallagher??..stringer trying to smooth over most peoples concerns that no one is coming in by saying the squad is more than good enough..then the ringmaster himself pearson telling us wait for it....'we are working hard'

not even north korea's state controled tv/radio is as blinkerd as this...move over only fools & horses,the phone in  is here

The "Ringmaster" will sort it out. "In Nigel we trust"  :ph34r:  lol

I'm really struck by two things.

Firstly, the increased call for Danns to play a part in the season to come.

Secondly, the low levels of expectation for the forthcoming season. The bookies have Pearson as favourite to win 'the sack race' at 2/1.

This implies the bookies feel we will start poorly and that Pearson will lose his job as a result.

Compare this to two seasons back where the summer was filled with hope and expectation, reflected in the bookies having us as joint faves for the league with West Ham.

Either Pearson is playing this absolutely right, with his tried and trusted young squad or its a sad indictment on how very average we've become (or predicted we have become) vis a vis the chances we've blown of promotion.

Interesting stuff indeed. The bookies rarely get stuff wrong, although they did, of course, with Sven and his ridiculous reign.

Spot on......and the fact Whitbread should be in better shape this year as LCFC FOX said. I think the balance of the squad is just about right and instead of surprising everyone by not meeting expectations like in the past couple of seasons, we could surprise a few by actually being in the race for promotion come May.

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan SSL

Marshall  James King Schlupp

Knockaert

Wood Nugent

To me that screams balance, pace and width.

Ritchie De Laet seems perfect for the RWB role to me. The position you've got occupied by Knocky is Marshall's best position anyway so I imagine he's be used as back-up. Meaning that Moore, Whitbread or a new signing would need to come in to play alongside Morgan and SSL. I reckon that would be stronger.

Secondly, the low levels of expectation for the forthcoming season. The bookies have Pearson as favourite to win 'the sack race' at 2/1.

This implies the bookies feel we will start poorly and that Pearson will lose his job as a result.

Compare this to two seasons back where the summer was filled with hope and expectation, reflected in the bookies having us as joint faves for the league with West Ham.

Either Pearson is playing this absolutely right, with his tried and trusted young squad or its a sad indictment on how very average we've become (or predicted we have become) vis a vis the chances we've blown of promotion.

Interesting stuff indeed. The bookies rarely get stuff wrong, although they did, of course, with Sven and his ridiculous reign.

Danns is a LCFC player. While he is with us I will support him, its not like he has ever said he wanted to leave or abused the fans. So if he comes back fighting and plays as well as we know he can I don't mind him being around

The trouble is you can spin this completely the other way I simply don't buy this "second season" stuff. let's take Marshall. Last season was his second season and he was terrible. Basically the opposition worked out he lacked pace and he wasn't good enough. Likewise Waghorn the season before. A great first season on loan surely he would develop but no. Again found out in the second season.

King simply vanishes a lot of the time. When he's good he's great but when he is poor is really poor.

James: very big season for him. But his second season so sides will know more about him same with De Laet.

Dyer is terribly inconsistent and really looks like a 25 minute man brought on late in the game when the other team tire. i don't see him improving.

Gallagher can play in an attacking position???!!  maybe, he's scored a few excellent goals but his overall play isn't good enough, he can't tackle and he can't hold the ball up.

Futacs: you didn't see much last season for a good reason; the guy is useless at this level. His goalscoring record reinforces this and he was pretty poor in almost every game he played except one late sub appearance.

Schlupp may be getting better but he's a long long way to go and certainly not at left back where he is mainly a liability against the better sides.

Moore; how many times will he play? Again promised much but didn't seem to develop.

Not saying I'm right but just that you can argue everything you say from the opposite viewpoint.We fell short last season and I fear we will again. The team may have had longer to bond etc etc but the quality just isn't there either at all or consistently enough.

They've been wrong in backing us for promotion year after year.

No different to last season, he was one of the favourites then, as we were for promotion... which we are again this year. Both come with having owners that have spent money and sacked managers.

Did we not come closer to promotion with that method than the splash shit loads of cash on average player tactic? Not sure why that's seen as a step down from where we were.

If Danns can replicate his form v Derby away what is now two seasons ago he'd be a huge asset to us

Archived