Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Don't Expect Many More Ins and Outs At Leicester City -

You would literally spend 5 MORE years in the Championship just so that we can break even?

That's possibly the most negative post I've read in here in years.

What about the money that the club would get by getting promoted? That would eat into a large chunk of our debt for a start.

What do you follow football for.. To wait for 5 years to see your club financially break even?

What of success? Trophies? Wembley days? At home to Man Utd?

I'm flabbergasted, astonished! Etc...

:o

Bring back the exciting times of the financially dependable Rob Kelly era  :trumpet:

Would you mind throwing in Ross Barkley as well cheers  :D

No chance haha.

On a serious note though I'm surprised some other clubs don't go for our youngsters, Blackpool had Seamus Coleman in their promotion year. Brentford have just signed McAleny who was the u21 top goalscorer.

Are we the only club paying attention to FFP. Forest, Bolton, QPR and Wigan are all still spending and not cutting down at all

Wigan and QPR have money from parachute payments that they can spend at free will, both of which have higher revenues and so higher loss margins than the average championship club.

Bolton haven't been in the championship too long either so then they probably still have money in the bank to spend.

Forest though are spending but they needed too. I doubt, although to the public eye it does seem so, that any club is actually "gambling against FFP" as everyone suggests.

Would love to see a quality centre back come in; but as has been said it would have to be best for us financially too. Football is a business, and the owners know what makes sense as a business, as has been said I would much rather be a little short in squad size than praying that the club stays in existence, ala Cov.

I think someone like Shane Duffy on loan would be perfect for you boys.

is that just a thought, or something in the air? I'm biased as I'd have an Irish under 21 in our squad, with the hope he can progress quickly with the gain of some 1st team football. The Irish squad desperately needs a decent CB to come through asap. Could learn a thing or two beside Wes.  :D

It's not surprising we have to offload.

I have it on good authority that Gally, for example, is on 16k a week.

If that's value for money then I'm The Pope.

The ridiculous times of Sven and his paymaster continue to hit the club hard and, as I predicted, will continue to do so until this nonsense is finally settled.

At least Wellens and Beckford are gone, though I'd be very surprised if we aren't having to continue to pay a proportion of his wages until his contract would have expired.

Expect few new faces in and one or two more out before the season starts I would suspect.

To think, there are still some pining for Sven. That time, I believe, was one of the daftest in the club's long history.

I'm not a massive fan of Pearson (I used to be) but give me Nige over Sven any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

You would literally spend 5 MORE years in the Championship just so that we can break even?

What about the money that the club would get by getting promoted? That would eat into a large chunk of our debt for a start.

What do you follow football for.. To wait for 5 years to see your club financially break even?

Brilliant post!!!!! Spot on!!!!

The ridiculous times of Sven and his paymaster continue to hit the club hard and, as I predicted, will continue to do so until this nonsense is finally settled.

At least Wellens and Beckford are gone, though I'd be very surprised if we aren't having to continue to pay a proportion of his wages until his contract would have expired.

Expect few new faces in and one or two more out before the season starts I would suspect.

To think, there are still some pining for Sven. That time, I believe, was one of the daftest in the club's long history.

I'm not a massive fan of Pearson (I used to be) but give me Nige over Sven any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

The opposite.

It's a dose of reality Col. Given our track record, I could definitely see us heading down the QPR route rather than Swansea.

Another year of excuses on a plate for big Nige .... he's the luckiest manager in football ..... perennial underachiever and seems to be landed with brilliant excuses why it's someone else's fault even in his 3rd season in charge.

Small squad.

Sven's big contracts

Delusions of grandeur

FFP

I thought the Thais said "plum lotion or E45" .... "just realised it's promotion or P45" so I'm starting again from now!

How exactly is he the luckiest manager in football? He steered us to two play off campaigns which we lost because of a bad penalty and a freak 97th minute goal that no-one saw coming. Looking at the other teams that got promoted those two seasons, I wouldn't say we were better than them. Comparable yes, but not by any means a squad that I can say definitely should have got promoted.

You've previously said regardless of what happens during the season and whatever circumstances we may face, if we do not get promoted by the end of the season, our club and Pearson should part company. With all this in mind, do you still believe that?

The point about vardy looking his old self. I'm wondering if he's had off pitch problems that contributed to him having a poor last season. 

Or playing against teams like that is maybe where he belongs, in the lower leagues.

Or playing against teams like that is maybe where he belongs, in the lower leagues.

I'd give Vardy the benefit of the doubt, still. He should have settled in nicely by now, recovered from his injury and be ready for the upcoming season.

If he doesn't succeed this year, I can't see it carrying on with Leicester like that for much longer - a loan move should do.

Right now, I'm looking forward to a new season with a fully-fit Jamie "Cornrows" Vardy who might surprise a few (in a positive way).

I'd give Vardy the benefit of the doubt, still. He should have settled in nicely by now, recovered from his injury and be ready for the upcoming season.

If he doesn't succeed this year, I can't see it carrying on with Leicester like that for much longer - a loan move should do.

Right now, I'm looking forward to a new season with a fully-fit Jamie "Cornrows" Vardy who might surprise a few (in a positive way).

We finally agree on something. Phew.

It's make or break time for Vardy. I just don't think Pearson sees him as a first choice.

The hair HAS to go though.

It's right up there in my annoyance stakes with Neil Danns Gay Belt. 

I've never taken him seriously since.

article-2085120-0F693DBD00000578-473_634

Archived