Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Don't Expect Many More Ins and Outs At Leicester City -

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Don-t-expect-ins-outs-Leicester-City/story-19565905-detail/story.html#axzz2a4WGlB9Y

Nigel Pearson says he does not foresee too many more changes to his Leicester City squadlb_icon1.png before the start of the new season.

City have so far moved on Jermaine Beckford and Richie Wellens, and recruited left-back Zoumana Bakayogo on a free transfer.

But manager Pearson said he did not think he would be making too many changes ahead of the season's opener at Middlesbrough in nine days' time.

"We are a bit light in terms of defenders at the moment, but the playerslb_icon1.png are okay, in decent shape and I don't envisage doing much now," he said.

"Bakayogo was available and he is 26 years of age, which gives us another experienced playerlb_icon1.png.

"He is a player we feel can step up. It is good for us.

"Because he has been a free agent he hasn't done too much, but he looked fine in training.

"Richie has been a very good servant but I think he feels that the time is right for him to move on.

"At his age, he wants to be playinglb_icon1.png regular football and I can't guarantee him that.

"We wish the players who leave well, but we have to look forward to getting the players here ready for the season."

Pearson said he is pleased with his squad, and has praised strikers Jamie Vardy and Martyn Waghorn for their form so far in pre-season.

"I think for the most part they both secured the ball pretty well," he said after Tuesday's 1-0 winlb_icon1.png at Port Vale, which came courtesy of Waghorn's strike after 15 minutes.

"When the ball was played up to them they retained possession. They made a lot of very good runs.

"Vardy looks like his old self, which is good. He looked sharp.

"It is always good to have forwards who can put the opposition's back line under pressure.

"Ultimately, it is about being ready for the start of the season. The players have come back in good condition and they are doing all right."

No surprises, it will cost a fortune to pay some to leave, stuck with them & we'll prob have to loan them out nearer deadline day paying only a portion of their wages to help get under FFP ceiling

Shame as we could do with a couple of key arrivals... just hope they aren't moaning from the sidelines, upsetting the applecart like they have before!

Good to hear (from the people who went) Vardy & Waghorn are pretty vibrant, we need 4 forwards chomping at the bit

Another year of excuses on a plate for big Nige .... he's the luckiest manager in football ..... perennial underachiever and seems to be landed with brilliant excuses why it's someone else's fault even in his 3rd season in charge.

Small squad.

Sven's big contracts

Delusions of grandeur

FFP

I thought the Thais said "plum lotion or E45" .... "just realised it's promotion or P45" so I'm starting again from now!

Another year of excuses on a plate for big Nige .... he's the luckiest manager in football ..... perennial underachiever and seems to be landed with brilliant excuses why it's someone else's fault even in his 3rd season in charge.

Small squad.

Sven's big contracts

Delusions of grandeur

FFP

I thought the Thais said "plum lotion or E45" .... "just realised it's promotion or P45" so I'm starting again from now!

Although the rest of your post is a pile of steaming shit, this made me laugh.

We need a decent CB, simples.

Exactly.

I'd be happy with a very experienced and a youth centre back.

Someone like Jose Fonte, Jos Hooiveld, Carlos Cuellar, Aaron Hughes.

Scott Wooton, Michael Keane, Nathan Ake.

Interesting that he mentioned keeping possession, we certainly need two strikers who can come deep and hold the ball up ala heskey, with wood, Nuge and schlupp pushing further forward and grabbing the goals. Whether waggy and Vardy are the players to do that remains to be seen. Despite woods big frame he is not good at coming deep he defo more of an out and out goalscorer

Are we the only club paying attention to FFP. Forest, Bolton, QPR and Wigan are all still spending and not cutting down at all

Could just imagine all the teams that disregard the rules completely getting issued with a £1000 fine at the end of the season

Guest MattP

Are we the only club paying attention to FFP. Forest, Bolton, QPR and Wigan are all still spending and not cutting down at all

Forest had a tiny wage bill.

Others all have parachute payments.

We have racked up 90million of debt in three years, that should give an indication of the kind of wages our players are on.

Guest MattP

Just be glad we aren't in Coventry's position or Pompey's.

Some of our fans seem quite prepared to risk it.

The day we get promoted we will only go and spunk a load of cash on crap players again by some overpaid big name willy puller brought in to replace Pearson looking for a Premiership club to top up his retirement fund only to be relegated again by the end of the season with more debt its an endless circle of despair. Lets just stay where we are and aim to break even that would be exciting enough for me for the next 5 years.

The day we get promoted we will only go and spunk a load of cash on crap players again by some overpaid big name willy puller brought in to replace Pearson looking for a Premiership club to top up his retirement fund only to be relegated again by the end of the season with more debt its an endless circle of despair. Lets just stay where we are and aim to break even that would be exciting enough for me for the next 5 years.

You would literally spend 5 MORE years in the Championship just so that we can break even?

That's possibly the most negative post I've read in here in years.

What about the money that the club would get by getting promoted? That would eat into a large chunk of our debt for a start.

What do you follow football for.. To wait for 5 years to see your club financially break even?

What of success? Trophies? Wembley days? At home to Man Utd?

I'm flabbergasted, astonished! Etc...

:o

The point about vardy looking his old self. I'm wondering if he's had off pitch problems that contributed to him having a poor last season. 

Our fans directly slagging him off on Twitter for much of the season probably didn't help. I remember several occasions where he shaped up to shoot but didn't seem to trust himself and would chose to pass it instead. This would've definitely been down to confidence. His touch at times was really bad but I did like what I saw from him at the start of last season. It'd be nice for him to start scoring on a regular basis but I can't see it unfortunately.

This seems depresingly true.

Archived