Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Why do some people actually dislike Pearson as manager

Yes I know what your going to say Oh no not another Pearson thread but as im quite new to this forum im quite intrigued into why some people dislike NP as our manager I cant see he has done much wrong, I know some people will say his quotes from last season got under their noses but the delusions of grandeur one he was right as we as fans were deluding ourselves in thinking the team was better than it was.  I fully appreciate I might get loads of abuse here but like I say im just curious.

because he is too stubborn and pig headed, and his insistence of 442 means our better players are forced to play out of position, though if he is favouring a 352, used in a couple of friendlies, or any system built to get the best out of the likes of Knockaert, I'll be happy, but I'll believe it when I see it

I know he comes across as arrogant but that a persona every manager has one and sticking to 4-4-2 got us to top of the table and it was quite a flexible 4-4-2 as Knockaert andy Dyer/marshall kept wandering all over the place which allowed De Laet and Konchesky to get more forward

Whenever I've questioned people over their anti-Pearson views it always comes right down to the same thing. They just don't like him. It's entirely personal.

They're entitled to their feelings but they've let them affect their judgement of him and the situation we're in post-Sven

because he is too stubborn and pig headed, and his insistence of 442 means our better players are forced to play out of position, though if he is favouring a 352, used in a couple of friendlies, or any system built to get the best out of the likes of Knockaert, I'll be happy, but I'll believe it when I see it

He's 'stubborn' but to the media, maybe he's just clever shielding his players, & tht 4-4-2 got us into the playoffs as it did last time tbf and as it did with promotion 1st time, at least he's trying a new formation in pre season,:)

it also caused us to nearly fall apart, due to his stubbornness, we were getting over run in midfield and he wouldn't change it, we'd be struggling in a game, with someone having no impact, he'd wait 10 mins too long to make a sub he does it all the time

it also caused us to nearly fall apart, due to his stubbornness, we were getting over run in midfield and he wouldn't change it, we'd be struggling in a game, with someone having no impact, he'd wait 10 mins too long to make a sub he does it all the time

But he did have us in the top 6 all season, doing something right tbf compared to managers we've had in last 10 years ? I agree sometimes it's frustrating when we're thinking time for a change but everyone has an opinion on tactics ultimately it's Nigel's, 1 kick from Wembley...it nearly worked :/

I've had he pleasure of meeting the guy on several occasions and he is anything but arrogant or pig-headed. His problem is that he doesn't suck up to he media like many other managers. If you evaluate his record at this club then you'll see what a great fit he is for us. 

Never have liked him even before he came back to us for a second stint. He is tactically naive doesn't know or even have a clue how to change a game when the opposition press us high up the pitch or outnumber us in midfield. Blames the fans, when we lose and wn't accept personal responsibilty that's it's down to him. Comes out with the same excuses that we must work harder? Same substitutions all the time same bench? People go on that his record is second to none bar Martin O'neal. I would say rubbish Brian Little had a better record than him at least he got us to three play off finals a feat Pearson has not managed yet?

I've had he pleasure of meeting the guy on several occasions and he is anything but arrogant or pig-headed. His problem is that he doesn't suck up to he media like many other managers. If you evaluate his record at this club then you'll see what a great fit he is for us.

I agree man:) I've heard he is generally a nice bloke off camera :) was shaking hands with fans at lemmington other week:)

Never have liked him even before he came back to us for a second stint. He is tactically naive doesn't know or even have a clue how to change a game when the opposition press us high up the pitch or outnumber us in midfield. Blames the fans, when we lose and wn't accept personal responsibilty that's it's down to him. Comes out with the same excuses that we must work harder? Same substitutions all the time same bench? People go on that his record is second to none bar Martin O'neal. I would say rubbish Brian Little had a better record than him at least he got us to three play off finals a feat Pearson has not managed yet?

Basically you don't like him lol:L

He's close to 'little's record' with a better win ratio and maybe next year he'll match littles 3 chances in playoffs to get us up:) just get behind him for goodness sake. Wish people would lay off the man; he's built us a very young hungry squad who came so close last year and will only improve,

When has he ever blame the fans for a defeat? Ridiculous, agenda-type comment.

I'll never understand why 'he always plays 4-4-2' is more important to some people than 'he's the only manager in 9 seasons to get us in to the top six of the Championship'. I'll also never get why anyone other than Stringer would genuinely want him sacked just because he isn't the easiest person to interview, when we're fans of the football club and should surely care more about how the club is doing rather than our managers ability to handle the media. If Ian Stringer has annoyed the best manager we've had for years and IS asking him stupid questions then it's frankly him who people should have a problem with. Pearson has his failings but the positives massively outweigh the negatives.

....and that's because they have a different opinion to you right?

OK.

No, it's because they have a different opinion that is stupid.

Archived