Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Why do some people actually dislike Pearson as manager

Guest seanfox778

I like him. He's always honest and I believe he will always give his all to make our club succeed. He's done nothing wrong in my eyes and I think we're lucky to have a manager like Pearson

I still can't fathom why most people feel the need to pigeon hole themselves RE: Pearson. As Col and Fox92 have outlined he is like most managers - he's got faults as well as many positive attributes. 

There's a difference between fickle flip flopping based on recent results and having a measured approach based on longer term achievements and the recent context of the situation. 

For me Pearson is a good manager with some definite flaws. Sometimes we win games despite those flaws and other times we lose due to them. Acknowledging them and addressing is going to be the key this coming season, especially given our financial constraints and the amount of investment rivals have made. 

I think anything 8th+ will be a massive achievement this year. 

Because he is an arrogant pig headed stuborn tactically inept twat! Case closed!

How do you then explain how he's been out most successful manager in the last 10 years? Case re-opened...

The biggest problem for me, is the length of time it takes him to correct a problem. When teams switched to playing three in the middle against us it was clear we were struggling, but it went on game after game with us setting up exactly the same way. The same goes for problems we have defending and attacking set pieces.

I think he knows and can see the problems, but for whatever reason he is slow to make the changes, it takes an incredibly long period of time for the improvements to work their way into the team. And it's usually after changing players rather than fixing the problem with the ones we have.

I like his ideas on building teams, with young hungry players who add value. I think that should be at the core of all teams. I think you need a strong leader at the top who is not to be messed with, so I have no problem with his stern manner. I think he and Walsh pick up some decent players. He regularly has some of the best defences in the league, and last year we played some great stuff at times.

There are just a few frustrating weaknesses that he needs to sort out. He's not a particularly young manager, but he's certainly not particularly experienced for someone of his age, if you look at someone like Davies at Forest who has been managing for much longer. So he certainly has the room to sort these problems out, fingers crossed the experimentation with a different formation is a sign he might be.

I still can't fathom why most people feel the need to pigeon hole themselves RE: Pearson. As Col and Fox92 have outlined he is like most managers - he's got faults as well as many positive attributes.

People don't pigeon hole themselves, others do that for them.

He has done a fantastic job here, I don't care what people say.

He walked into a relegated squad and turned us around. How many 'big' clubs do not achieve promotion, yet alone walk away with the league, upon relegation? Swindon, Southampton, Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday etc all failed to return to the second tier at the first attempt. Leicester, on the other hand, walked away with the league.

We then made the play offs upon our return to the Championship, Pearson made us the fifth best team in the league. He left and turned Hull around in terms of their finances.

He then returned, and had to work with the overpaid rubbish that the previous manager brought in. That is now affecting his ability to bring in players now.

I sometimes think he cannot win... This argument of 'he persists with 442'. Well, he tried 433, he tried 451. None if which worked. He is now trying 352.

He comes across as arrogant in the media, but so did Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson. Two of the greatest managers ever. Means nothing, a poor argument. And it doesn't mean he isn't a nice person, because he is a nice person.

I'm not preaching he's a God, because he isn't. He isn't the greatest manager ever. However, taking into consideration we haven't achieved anything since 2002 (apart from League One), Pearson has done a great job.

Spot on. :thumbup:

shows no emotion , no tactics ,pig headed , boring and his scouting network is pretty poor apart from 2 players , he's a league 1 manager , yh he got us in the play offs but by luck and a of it and if we had have gone into the form we were in in the last 19 games any earlier in the season we would of been in league 1 , honestly cant see how he thinks this squad is god enough because the league will be a lot tougher next season and that bunch of players who played those 19 games are not good enough

shows no emotion , no tactics ,pig headed , boring and his scouting network is pretty poor apart from 2 players , he's a league 1 manager , yh he got us in the play offs but by luck and a of it and if we had have gone into the form we were in in the last 19 games any earlier in the season we would of been in league 1 , honestly cant see how he thinks this squad is god enough because the league will be a lot tougher next season and that bunch of players who played those 19 games are not good enough

Wow. He's a League One manager who got us into the Championship Play-Offs twice 'by luck', he has a poor scouting network despite signing the likes of Knockaert/Morgan/James/Wood, if we hadn't done really well in the first 27 games of the season we'd have been relegated, proof that Pearson is a bad manager.

I've read some nonsense on FoxesTalk, but this really is special.

Wow. He's a League One manager who got us into the Championship Play-Offs twice 'by luck', he has a poor scouting network despite signing the likes of Knockaert/Morgan/James/Wood, if we hadn't done really well in the first 27 games of the season we'd have been relegated, proof that Pearson is a bad manager.

I've read some nonsense on FoxesTalk, but this really is special.

woah wood , really? he has had 6 god games in a Leicester shirt but other than that he has been dreadful , yes he got us in the play offs which 2010 yh that was a good season we played changed with how the league has , he sticks t his same format which hull fans were sick of and now I can see why , last season w got were we did thanks to other teams slipping up and I don't think last season was anything to be proud of , do you seriously think a squad like that is going to last this season with teams that have a very strong squad

I think saying people dislike the man is unfair to me, I doubt anybody knows him personally to form an informed opinion of him.

What did it for me was the " if you don't like it don't come" comment, the "delusion of grandeur" comment, the crisis in confidence comment, and not being able to restore this crisis for a large part of the season, so as a fan the man has his failings and at times he has been arrogant towards the supporters that pay his wages.

Most top managers have the air of arrogants and there is nothing wrong with that, but you need to be successful to have that, not your arrogants out weighing your ability, fergie was a prime example, arrogant to the press, other managers etc, but you can when you have achieved what he has.

So I don't hate the man, I just think he treats the fans with contempt at times, he doesn't fill me with the believe that he can get us promoted, and if he doesn't get us promoted this season he has had enough time, and would like to see a fresh face, with fresh ideas.

What I can't understand is when some on here think people are stupid for not liking him as a manager.

I don't rate him aswell as others, but I am sure whatever your views, come the start of the season we will all support the club, and hope he/ we do well, as if he/ we do well, we hopefully succeed and we won't have another wasted season.

woah wood , really? he has had 6 god games in a Leicester shirt but other than that he has been dreadful , yes he got us in the play offs which 2010 yh that was a good season we played changed with how the league has , he sticks t his same format which hull fans were sick of and now I can see why , last season w got were we did thanks to other teams slipping up and I don't think last season was anything to be proud of , do you seriously think a squad like that is going to last this season with teams that have a very strong squad

He scored 9 goals in 18 games for Leicester, a record of one in two, so yeah really.

Last season we got to where we did by being the 6th best side in the division over the course of a 46 game season, which was all the vast majority expected of us.

He scored 9 goals in 18 games for Leicester, a record of one in two, so yeah really.

Last season we got to where we did by being the 6th best side in the division over the course of a 46 game season, which was all the vast majority expected of us.

oh jesus something to be proud of considering he has the touch of a rapist and barely heads the ball , if he improves i'll eat my words but this side is dreadful compared to the likes of forest , Bolton , Watford , qpr   

oh jesus something to be proud of considering he has the touch of a rapist and barely heads the ball , if he improves i'll eat my words but this side is dreadful compared to the likes of forest , Bolton , Watford , qpr   

So we can expect him to get 20+ goals next season given his record this season. Yeah lets get rid immediately, clearly total shite isn't he?

This side is dreadful yet we finished above them and beat all three in the league at the time at the end of last year? They have signed a few decent to average players but also lost some themselves. Wood the striker you laugh about scored more than any of those teams strikers last year other than Deeney, and he got 20 like Wood.

Hang on a minute, no use of capital letters, spacing between every comma... is it just me or does that writing style look rather familiar.

If he delivers promotion this season then he deserves praise, if he doesn't then he can have no complaints about being out of a job, his contract runs out. Massive Season for NP first and foremost we need to sort out our away form.

I'll list the reasons I dislike him:

He's an average Championship manager, managing a club with the resources, ambition and players to be a premier league club.

Instead of achieving promotion he put his energy into re aligning expectation with his own low standards.

He has failed to achieve promotion 4 seasons running with sides that should have been promoted (a decent manager takes over at Hull and shows him how it's done in 1 season).

He is immature.

Tactically sunday league.

Stubborn, not in a positive man of conviction way but a petulant adolescent way.

His hair cut offends me.

His trainers embarrass me.

He was my hero first time around, and has completely tarnished my view of him since.

His communication with the fans consists of patronising insults and nothing of substance.

He appears to fall out with anyone with a mind of their own.

He is a weak and over sensitive.

But most of all .......

I dislike him more because of the blinkered rubbish reasons that his supporters give for his abject failure.

The latest ..... "A record as good as Little" ..... the same Little that took over a side almost relegated to div 1 on the last day of the season, that transformed that side to a play off side with absolutely no resources in one season???

Compare to a man with the most expensively assembled squad, 2 points off the play offs and still at the same point 3 seasons on.

Whoever said that wasn't alive during Little's reign and doesn't realise just how ridiculous a comparison that is.

The biggest problem for me, is the length of time it takes him to correct a problem. When teams switched to playing three in the middle against us it was clear we were struggling, but it went on game after game with us setting up exactly the same way. The same goes for problems we have defending and attacking set pieces.

I think he knows and can see the problems, but for whatever reason he is slow to make the changes, it takes an incredibly long period of time for the improvements to work their way into the team. And it's usually after changing players rather than fixing the problem with the ones we have.

I like his ideas on building teams, with young hungry players who add value. I think that should be at the core of all teams. I think you need a strong leader at the top who is not to be messed with, so I have no problem with his stern manner. I think he and Walsh pick up some decent players. He regularly has some of the best defences in the league, and last year we played some great stuff at times.

There are just a few frustrating weaknesses that he needs to sort out. He's not a particularly young manager, but he's certainly not particularly experienced for someone of his age, if you look at someone like Davies at Forest who has been managing for much longer. So he certainly has the room to sort these problems out, fingers crossed the experimentation with a different formation is a sign he might be.

To be fair ..... this is spot on.

Positive:

Gets the players fit

Takes no shit

Has been willing to offload the big paid players

Usually makes ok signings

Good backroom staff

Negatives:

Also has made some poor signings this time round

Tactically naive (resorts to long ball when under pressure)

R/ship with Stringer periodically immature

Away form last season was never rectified

If the negatives can be turned round, I'm happy to see what we can do this season.. Though I'm not overly expectant.

I think that pretty much sums up my views, nothing he does fills me with huge confidence but I'm not overly upset by him either.

The more detail I look into it, the more I understand the balls he was juggling last season with ffp looming. Maybe I was a little harsh before, I dunno.

Why they dislike him? Because they absolutely hate him, but can't back it up with anything reasonable other than he's mediocre, boring, stubborn, etc. 

A portion of our fans still live in wonderland where Leicester are guaranteed a Premier League spot, no relegation and tons of trophies on a regular basis.

The fact that building a football side takes its time, is usually casually neglected - for them, it needs to be done in a ridiculous short amount of time where even a magician would start sweating.

I don't know the man and I'm not his biggest fan either, but I can't see what attacking the manager on a personal level does achieve apart from detracting from the real issues at the club.

He has his flaws just like everybody else and given the circumstances during his two spells now, he's done a pretty good job. Note: I said good, not great.

And that's better than the majority of football managers out there. Hence why I'd keep him for this season, he still has potential.

Any one taking bets to how many pages this thread will get up to?

Surprisingly, it's still somewhat lagging in responses.

I was expecting a proper minefield beforehand. Turns out it's only light fighting practice. I'm not impressed.

Or maybe Pearson isn't so bad, after all...

Like him or dislike, while he is in charge of our club can we just support him.

He has done very well for us, much better than most managers we've had. He has faults, that's why he is a Championship manager and hasn't made the step up to the prem but all managers have they're weaknesses.

I don't understand why people get so upset about the fact he has a poor relationship with Stringer?

Who gives a fook? Stringer is annoying!

I like his no nonsense approach and his preference to bring in young hungry players. I have also met him so when I read things like "he's arrogant and pigheaded" I instantly dismiss the whole post as fabrication and having an agenda.

He's a really nice guy and very open to talking to fans.

As I say I have no problem with people not liking him or thinking he's the wrong man for the job but let's stop the witchunt this season and create a more positive atmosphere.

Archived