Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Why do some people actually dislike Pearson as manager

he's lucky FFP came in this season or he wouldn't be here[/quote

Thanks goodness it did then!! He's done nothing but good for our club and people like u think we have a given right to be promoted, lay off him

you have no idea what I think you dumb **** and nothing but good? he forced out 1 of our most talented prospects for peanuts who was then sold for millions, how many arguments with players has he had? he threw his toys out of the pram and left after a row with Lee Hoos...

He is an average championship level manager nothing more and if he doesn't start well he'll be out of work

Basically you don't like him lol:L

He's close to 'little's record' with a better win ratio and maybe next year he'll match littles 3 chances in playoffs to get us up:) just get behind him for goodness sake. Wish people would lay off the man; he's built us a very young hungry squad who came so close last year and will only improve,

Please read what I have written. Brian Little got us to the play off final at Wembley three times. Winning once losing twice. That is one game from the Premier league. Nfp has got us to the play off semi final twice so he will never match Little's record unless he achieves promotion this season.

I'll never understand why 'he always plays 4-4-2' is more important to some people than 'he's the only manager in 9 seasons to get us in to the top six of the Championship'. I'll also never get why anyone other than Stringer would genuinely want him sacked just because he isn't the easiest person to interview, when we're fans of the football club and should surely care more about how the club is doing rather than our managers ability to handle the media. If Ian Stringer has annoyed the best manager we've had for years and IS asking him stupid questions then it's frankly him who people should have a problem with. Pearson has his failings but the positives massively outweigh the negatives.

No, it's because they have a different opinion that is stupid.

opinion isn't based on fact so cannot be stupid, just because you worship Pearson doesn't mean everyone else has to

Never have liked him even before he came back to us for a second stint.

This makes no sense. He led us to the League 1 title at a canter at the first time of asking, before massively overachieving in the Championship by finishing in the play-offs.

It's such a shame that we didn't give him the opportunity to spend the millions we gave Sousa and Sven to build upon that side.

Please read what I have written. Brian Little got us to the play off final at Wembley three times. Winning once losing twice. That is one game from the Premier league. Nfp has got us to the play off semi final twice so he will never match Little's record unless he achieves promotion this season.

Been a bit picky there tbf mate, losing in final and losing in semis means same outcome, ur just trying to find away round Pearson's decent record as city manager-.-

When has he ever blame the fans for a defeat? Ridiculous, agenda-type comment.

Really he blamed the fans on radio leicester after we had lost at home to watford in the league game. Quote some fans have delusion of grandeur and expect too much etc, etc.

Jesus its like the nazi party on here if you criticise Nfp aka hitler the party members come down on you like a ton of bricks.

You have your opinions i have mine i agree with other posters ffp saved him his job cos three wins in seventeen games at the back end of last season is not good enough in any league you play.

Really he blamed the fans on radio leicester after we had lost at home to watford in the league game. Quote some fans have delusion of grandeur and expect too much etc, etc.

Jesus its like the nazi party on here if you criticise Nfp aka hitler the party members come down on you like a ton of bricks.

You have your opinions i have mine i agree with other posters ffp saved him his job cos three wins in seventeen games at the back end of last season is not good enough in any league you play.

Blaming the fans and saying that the fans expect too much are two very different things, you'd have thought that anyone could see that.

2/1...

Nigel Predictable 442 Pearson has got a lot to do this season to convince me that he has become more tactically adaptable to what is in front of him.

Putting players in a 352 against irrelevant opposition is all well and good but making it work against championship sides, especially the non-footballing ones, is where he will succeed or fail imo this season.

If he can't crack that nut, he'll be out of a job.

Of course, if you don't like it, don't come...

A stubborn manager is what we need not 1 that the players can walk all over again like Sven.

^^ this!! We've had Sven who players walk over, and the joker 'ollie', for me Pearson and his team have the right approach, doesn't give much away to the media goes about things quietly & signs young hungry players who will only keep improving:)

Positive:

Gets the players fit

Takes no shit

Has been willing to offload the big paid players

Usually makes ok signings

Good backroom staff

Negatives:

Also has made some poor signings this time round

Tactically naive (resorts to long ball when under pressure)

R/ship with Stringer periodically immature

Away form last season was never rectified

If the negatives can be turned round, I'm happy to see what we can do this season.. Though I'm not overly expectant.

Any one taking bets to how many pages this thread will get up to?

lol, basically I'm right though, if they follow their thought process right back to the beginning it all started with "I just don't like him" and it's coloured their view ever since.

They never see the positives, only the negatives and their dislike amplifies them.

Some people, who can't come up with a reasonable counter argument, pretend that people who dislike Pearson are vilified to the extent that major criminals are even though it's clearly bollocks.

He has done a fantastic job here, I don't care what people say.

He walked into a relegated squad and turned us around. How many 'big' clubs do not achieve promotion, yet alone walk away with the league, upon relegation? Swindon, Southampton, Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday etc all failed to return to the second tier at the first attempt. Leicester, on the other hand, walked away with the league.

We then made the play offs upon our return to the Championship, Pearson made us the fifth best team in the league. He left and turned Hull around in terms of their finances.

He then returned, and had to work with the overpaid rubbish that the previous manager brought in. That is now affecting his ability to bring in players now.

I sometimes think he cannot win... This argument of 'he persists with 442'. Well, he tried 433, he tried 451. None if which worked. He is now trying 352.

He comes across as arrogant in the media, but so did Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson. Two of the greatest managers ever. Means nothing, a poor argument. And it doesn't mean he isn't a nice person, because he is a nice person.

I'm not preaching he's a God, because he isn't. He isn't the greatest manager ever. However, taking into consideration we haven't achieved anything since 2002 (apart from League One), Pearson has done a great job.

Positive:

Gets the players fit

Takes no shit

Good backroom staff

Negatives:

If the negatives can be turned round, I'm happy to see what we can do this season.. Though I'm not overly expectant.

Well said mate:) and at least ur willing to change ur opinion unlike some on here-__-

Hes improved the finances considerably whilst improving the team at the same time. Some have said we were lucky to get in the play offs we were winning league games 6-0, 6-1 we have never dicked on teams like that before in my life. We didn't even lose by more than 1 goal in the league until the last few seconds of the play off semi final in all last season was a great success to me I dunno what some people expect him to do with the task in hand tbh.

He has done a fantastic job here, I don't care what people say.

He walked into a relegated squad and turned us around. How many 'big' clubs do not achieve promotion, yet alone walk away with the league, upon relegation? Swindon, Southampton, Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday etc all failed to return to the second tier at the first attempt. Leicester, on the other hand, walked away with the league.

We then made the play offs upon our return to the Championship, Pearson made us the fifth best team in the league. He left and turned Hull around in terms of their finances.

He then returned, and had to work with the overpaid rubbish that the previous manager brought in. That is now affecting his ability to bring in players now.

I sometimes think he cannot win... This argument of 'he persists with 442'. Well, he tried 433, he tried 451. None if which worked. He is now trying 352.

He comes across as arrogant in the media, but so did Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson. Two of the greatest managers ever. Means nothing, a poor argument. And it doesn't mean he isn't a nice person, because he is a nice person.

I'm not preaching he's a God, because he isn't. He isn't the greatest manager ever. However, taking into consideration we haven't achieved anything since 2002 (apart from League One), Pearson has done a great job.

No matter what whether u like him or not, what you've just said is completely true and if you look at the bigger picture he's doing a good job turning our club around compared to the last 10 years!!

I don't get the personality argument either, I think he comes across as a funny guy if you're not dense, except sometimes when speaking to the very dense Stringer. Makes me laugh often on Sky interviews, and his rugby tackle on Waghorn  lol  lol

He's done a good job here so far too, he's decent as a manager. 

Positive:

Gets the players fit

Takes no shit

Good backroom staff

Negatives:

This though Col, is a perfectly fair judgement.

We all know he's not perfect and there are negatives but there are also positives which people should not gloss over because it doesn't suit their argument, the reverse also applies.

Archived