Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

Excitement for the new season.

I'm excited about the start of the season. Any true football fan and fan of Leicester City should be.

However, I'm not excited that we still have Pearson as manager. I'm willing to give him a chance, but he doesn't fill me with real confidence that A. We will play some really good football and B. that we will achieve something this season (promotion, good cup run etc).

However, I am willing to wait and see... Just with no real air of expectation.

Sven offered the likes of king, gallagher and wellens new and improved contracts, even though their was not going to expire.

You think when he signed the likes of beckford sven would not know what kind of wages he would demand? Sven chose his targets (as we all know now not very well), and if he was so deluded into thinking the likes of beckford, mills etc would only demand average championship then he should no longer continue within football.

Also i am not a pearson lover, or hater. But why do I not expect promotion? Simply because i am not a biased, unknowledgeable and deluded football fan like yourself. If QPR cannot sell the likes of remy and taarabt then Redknapp has already confirmed they will play in the championship....how can we compete with that? Then there is wigan and reading who have only made improvements to their sides, you have forest who will finish above us this season, especially after seeing them sign both Hobbs and Mackie, two players who would break into any starting 11 in this league.

I am not saying i do not want promotion, just that i do not expect it, whether we have pearson, sven, or mourinho in charge.

Possibly the best post I've ever seen you write.

Don't know why I can't get excited this season, usually me and the lads are looking through the fixtures and planning the away days, I know it's sounds fickle but times are hard and am thinking do I send my season ticket back, as its probably a luxury I can't afford at the minute, considering I am paying for myself and 3 kids.

I just wish something positive will happen at the club to get me excited, just please don't start badly.ðŸ™

I'd settle for mid table and a massive wage bill reduction so we can move forward within the FFP.

Funny how so easily satisfied some fans are. I know where you're coming from but just look at Forest for example. They aren't funded by parachute payments, yet they are going for it without a doubt. Same as Cardiff did last season.

I think the Thais have just had their fingers burnt once too often and are being cautious.

Funny how so easily satisfied some fans are. I know where you're coming from but just look at Forest for example. They aren't funded by parachute payments, yet they are going for it without a doubt. Same as Cardiff did last season.

I think perhaps 100 million in debt is enough for the moment. Forest could well find themselves in the same boat. I don't think their signings are THAT good. And people forget their form over the last 8 games of the season was worse than ours!

I think perhaps 100 million in debt is enough for the moment. Forest could well find themselves in the same boat. I don't think their signings are THAT good. And people forget their form over the last 8 games of the season was worse than ours!

It's a gamble isn't it. The best way of recovering that debt is to gain promotion. See Cardiff, last season. How many years of shedding wages will it take to recover 100 million quid?

All depends which side of the fence you fall. If Forest go up, you'll be wrong. If they don't, you'll be right.

How anyone can be excited with Pearson in charge is beyond me. Same piss poor squad that bottled it so horrifically in 2013, same piss poor manager that has achieved nothing in this division.

We have turned in to Bristol City, hoping to avoid relegation.

The two seasons he's managed us in this league he's got us to the play-offs both times?

You've got to remember that he isn't the one on the pitch, you're definitely being far too harsh on both the squad and the manager.

I'm excited.

Last season we played some pretty decent stuff before we fell away. Guys like drinkwater, James, king etc have all matured and have another full season under there belt.

We showed glimpses against Monaco that we are going to continue under the same philosophy of moving the ball quickly and sharply.

We have a start of the season where Matt James. (who to me is far more important to our side than any player) is in form. Considering he did not discover his form till mid season last year is exciting in itself.

We have kept all of our key players! When last season ended every single city fan was convinced we'd lose Kasper/Wes/knock etc. we didn't! All had interest and the club rejected that interest and the players (as far as we know) didnt throw there dummy out and were happy to stay! That's another positive in itself.

Yes there are clubs with some seriously good players. But league football is All about consistency. Lets be honest last year, Cardiff and hull were not the best squads in the league but consistenly performed! We do not need to play the big boys every week. Can we achieve a more consistent set of results, I do not see why not.

Is our team stronger than it was this time last year? Yes I believe it is. James/ knockaert/ drinkwater etc all know this league better. Given, the players in this league also know them better but unlike last year they can hit the ground running.

Is there goals in our team? Yes we have two strikers who can find the net. Wood and nugent. We have midfielders who can score in king/James and knocks. I would like to see more from the defence though.

All in all, yeah I'm excited

Not long left now and can't wait for it to kick off now, I think its the only season in a long while we haven't had to sell and buy half a dozen players or more... It will be good to finally see if a team is capable of improving over a season with the same group of players and management in place.

Roll on Saturday!

It's weird, at the beginning of last season I felt quite confident and would say that we'll start this season with a better squad. However, struggling for optimism at the moment. I reckon we'll be anywhere between 5th and 12th.

I reckon this season its more about the football and less about the club. We have game changing individuals in attack. They were lacking belief and conviction last year. Maybe performing well 1 out of 3/4 games well. I think this season players like knock. Dwater. Marshall and hopefully Wood have learnt and matured. If Pearson can tighten the ship and get them playing i.e sqaud rotation and effective formations. The following season after he took us up from league 1, we built a bit of a fortress at home and with lesser players managed play offs.

City fans need to have faith and not scrutinise results!

i'm happy that we haven't signed 5/6 players, with the same squad we managed to go top of the league. maybe we could do with 2 more players but its not the end of the world i still believe we can make the play offs!

Driving to work this morning, I had the thought 'nice one, season starts on Saturday'. First time I've thought of it. I must be getting a little excited.

How I wish I could share that excitement Col.......and believe me iv tried & tried .

Keep coming back to earth with a resounding bump though i'm afraid.......the midfield (in any format ) wasn't strong enough last season & nothing to suggest anything will change ! Unless we buy or loan a quality midfield player imminently of course !! I said in another post that all successful teams have a quality spine & ours is much too weak in the middle !

People seems to think that new players in every summer are the solution in getting out of this division. 

We have a young squad with a strong and experienced central-line with Kaspar - Wes - King and Nuge. The youngsters are one season more experienced and I think it's a very good sign that we keep the squad and manager and don't turn things around all the time.

New high profile players make us buzzing but did it work out with Mills, Beckford, Fernandes or Danns ???

I seriously think that the lack of new players shows that we have the foundation to take us one step further this season.

Looking forward to a new season!  :scarf:

People seems to think that new players in every summer are the solution in getting out of this division. 

We have a young squad with a strong and experienced central-line with Kaspar - Wes - King and Nuge. The youngsters are one season more experienced and I think it's a very good sign that we keep the squad and manager and don't turn things around all the time.

New high profile players make us buzzing but did it work out with Mills, Beckford, Fernandes or Danns ???

I seriously think that the lack of new players shows that we have the foundation to take us one step further this season.

Although I agree that we have a good foundation, I don't think that the lack of new players is through choice. I think it's obvious we lack depth but do however have a very strong starting 11 on paper. Let's hope Nige's sports science approach keeps our team injury free.

Driving to work this morning, I had the thought 'nice one, season starts on Saturday'. First time I've thought of it. I must be getting a little excited.

Come on Col! Get in the spirit mate, it's nearly here! Despite my expectations being fairly low, despite a fairly lacklustre summer without much to get excited about, the blue fire is well and truly back in my belly. Cannot wait for Saturday, wish I was going - I'll have to make do with Stringer and Young on the radio followed by the FL Show!

Come on Col! Get in the spirit mate, it's nearly here! Despite my expectations being fairly low, despite a fairly lacklustre summer without much to get excited about, the blue fire is well and truly back in my belly. Cannot wait for Saturday, wish I was going - I'll have to make do with Stringer and Young on the radio followed by the FL Show!

I'd be more excited if we had a Saturday home game, away to Boro and then a Sunday game is not really how I wanted to start the season.

I don't at all, but I do find it hard to buy in to the bull shit that the team that limped in to 6th place last season will better last season without even a little bit of strengthening. Plus, I believe the players and squad to be devoid of confidence. That's usually the key ingredient to this division, a good leader and great team spirit and unity. I have doubts about that whilst we're under Pearson and well we've evidently not improved our squad. It'll take a massive slice of good fortune for us to go up this season.

I don't at all, but I do find it hard to buy in to the bull shit that the team that limped in to 6th place last season will better last season without even a little bit of strengthening. Plus, I believe the players and squad to be devoid of confidence. That's usually the key ingredient to this division, a good elader and great team spirit and unity. I have doubts about that whilst we're under Pearson and well we've evidently not improved our squad. It'll take a massive slice of good fortune for us to go up this season.

It's about time - we've been unlucky for about ten years now. lol

On a sidenote, can one compare this pre-season with the low-key situation when O'Neill was in charge? Didn't he sign little new players and when he did, rather unknown, lower-league players?

For some odd reason, the early signs are so... similar. Then again, I might be wrong.

I think with the solid core that we have, this squad can go places - provided, the majority of players stay injury-free. We have talent, it's mainly been a case for some players that didn't cope with Championship football overly well (over the course of an entire season) or a case of other players not living up to their full potential.

We shall see.

Archived