Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

Excitement for the new season.

Can't seem to get hyped up for this season. It feels more like we've had an international break rather than the start of a new season. I'm not sure whether this is because we have been spoilt for excitement over the past few seasons, I mean when Beckford signed I couldn't contain myself -.- and last season we had some exciting signings and a lot of expectation. Or it could just be the fact nothing at all has happened since that day at vicarage road concerning our club, albeit one signing and the revealing of a goalkeepers shirt for an away kit. Then again it could just be down to the tantalising first game we have to look forward to.

Up the foxes!

I think it's good. A lot of people have mellowed and no longer set their expectations as Premier League or bust. I think an influx of players and managers makes people a little too optimistic and demanding and end up disappointing. I wouldn't mind a mid table finish this year, although we do all want a return to the Premiership. 

I do reckon we could surprise some. The boys just need to get their acts together, especially some of the bigger disappointments last season like Marshall. 

Feeling good though, hoping for a win to hit the ground running.

Come on Leicester!!!  :scarf:  :clap:  :trumpet:  :clap:  :scarf:

I think it's good. A lot of people have mellowed and no longer set their expectations as Premier League or bust. I think an influx of players and managers makes people a little too optimistic and demanding and end up disappointing. I wouldn't mind a mid table finish this year, although we do all want a return to the Premiership. 

I do reckon we could surprise some. The boys just need to get their acts together, especially some of the bigger disappointments last season like Marshall. 

Feeling good though, hoping for a win to hit the ground running.

Come on Leicester!!!  :scarf:  :clap:  :trumpet:  :clap:  :scarf:

Yeah I agree. Was going to say it might not necessarily be a bad thing, pressure and all that!

I'm more optimistic compared to before the start of last season.

Our midfield seems much better, with James and Knocky playing better consistently.

Our defence ain't bad either - but if we convert more of our chances, we'll be up there again.

I reckon we can challenge the top three places.

I'm nowhere near what I was before. In the past few seasons (although not really last year) I'd have been counting down the days, I think it's partly an age thing and partly my opinion on football dwindling by the day.

I'll be different on Saturday though. I'd absolutely love to get to Middlesbrough, our end to be absolutely rocking and we win the game late on. It would fill me with a lot of hope.

As a football fan, there are many days I'm very excited for and the first game of the season s one of them. To be fair, I haven't been 'feeling it' recently, however, I know as this week slugs on I will be getting more and more excited. Can't beat the first game of the season, can't beat an away day and I've been to 'Boro before and enjoyed it!

I feel slightly indifferent to the new season.

The lack of signings (which had to be expected), coupled with the nightmare that is FFP and looking at the teams relegated from the Premier League and the money they've thrown around to sign players, it's going to be an achievement alone reaching the same heights as last season.

On the other hand, with little to subdued expectations, the team can only but surprise me in a positive way.

How anyone can be excited with Pearson in charge is beyond me. Same piss poor squad that bottled it so horrifically in 2013, same piss poor manager that has achieved nothing in this division.

We have turned in to Bristol City, hoping to avoid relegation.

How anyone can be excited with Pearson in charge is beyond me. Same piss poor squad that bottled it so horrifically in 2013, same piss poor manager that has achieved nothing in this division.

Did I miss something? Did we get relegated last season?

No we did not, but neither did we achive promotion. Chance has gone, much like when the Robins lost to Hull at Wembley, oh hang on they reached Wembley.

3 wins from the last 17 games, relegation form, we've changed nothing, so why are people thinking we will have any chance?

lol lol lol lol lol

No we did not, but neither did we achive promotion. Chance has gone, much like when the Robins lost to Hull at Wembley, oh hang on they reached Wembley.

3 wins from the last 17 games, relegation form, we've changed nothing, so why are people thinking we will have any chance?

Chance of what?

I for one do not expect promotion, and i also know that getting rid of Pearson will not result in us being able to 'change anything' as we simply cannot afford to.

In the last 12-24 months pearson has had one arm tied around his back. He cannot bring anyone in to replace the overpaid mercenaries which Sven either signed or made them himself (gallagher, danns etc).

Football is changing. In fact the english game is becoming less exciting due to the lack of signings with all the big names moving to other countries, cavani, falcao, thiago etc.The excitement, or lack of it, about the new season is often brought about by the reaction of the media, and this pre-season there has been nothing.

Can't wait to be honest, regardless of expectations weekends just aren't the same without football, and it's been a long time since that Watford game.

I'm not expecting promotion, I just hope we can build on last season, get that run out of our systems and go back to some of the football that we played in the first two thirds or so of the season.

I'm always excited for a new season, I enjoy going down there and supporting the team. I have no expectations, just hopes for how the season will go. If people didn't build up there expectations so much I think they might enjoy the whole experience a damn site more.

I think the next two years could be painful for us due to trying to get our house in order financially. But I'll still be there.

Finally a preseason where we haven't had a roundabout and merry go round. I honestly think keeping the core of this squad was the most important thing we have done for a decade. I'm more excited than ever because I really feel we can improve on last year with exactly te same team. Fringe players come bak to form and we have a bloody good team that will have no early season issues that we normally see.

Hitting the ground running could see us taking vital early points when other teams are still gelling and working each other out.

Come on city!

Chance of what?

I for one do not expect promotion, and i also know that getting rid of Pearson will not result in us being able to 'change anything' as we simply cannot afford to.

In the last 12-24 months pearson has had one arm tied around his back. He cannot bring anyone in to replace the overpaid mercenaries which Sven either signed or made them himself (gallagher, danns etc).

Football is changing. In fact the english game is becoming less exciting due to the lack of signings with all the big names moving to other countries, cavani, falcao, thiago etc.The excitement, or lack of it, about the new season is often brought about by the reaction of the media, and this pre-season there has been nothing.

jesus h christ for the last time Sven had naff all to do with the players contracts or signing on fees.......if you want a scapegoat blame andrew neville or susan whelan. Please tell me as a Pearson lover why you do not expect promotion and are willing to accept another season of mediocrity? Do you in life always accept second best or an inferior product cos you know you can't have the best? Go for the best steak my son, go for the rolls royce don't accept middle of the road. I want us to do well this season and aim for the top. My views on the manager are well known, but as I have said I support Leicester and for that reason I want promotion this season.

jesus h christ for the last time Sven had naff all to do with the players contracts or signing on fees.......if you want a scapegoat blame andrew neville or susan whelan. Please tell me as a Pearson lover why you do not expect promotion and are willing to accept another season of mediocrity? Do you in life always accept second best or an inferior product cos you know you can't have the best? Go for the best steak my son, go for the rolls royce don't accept middle of the road. I want us to do well this season and aim for the top. My views on the manager are well known, but as I have said I support Leicester and for that reason I want promotion this season.

Given his previous track record, another shot at the playoffs is "mediocrity"? Possibly being in the Top Six, above the meridian in the Championship, is "mediocre"?

Your hilarious attempts at undermining the club's and the management's intentions and strategies, as well as the manager's and the players' will, make me laugh. lol

If you want promotion this season, you can only be disappointed to a large extent. Promotion in a league of 24 is always a huge gamble, especially in the Championship.

No team has the god-given right to promotion; one has to earn it.

Some fans seem to believe we have a god given right to be in the premier league but we obviously don't. We have to earn it just like every other team in the championship. We can still have a good season and possibly go up despite the lack of signings. I personally think we will finish just short of the playoffs and we will have a new manager for the season after. I hope I'm wrong because I wanted Pearson still in charge for this year and to prove the morons on here wrong. Hope he still does.

Sven offered the likes of king, gallagher and wellens new and improved contracts, even though their was not going to expire.

You think when he signed the likes of beckford sven would not know what kind of wages he would demand?  Sven chose his targets (as we all know now not very well), and if he was so deluded into thinking the likes of beckford, mills etc would only demand average championship then he should no longer continue within football.

Also i am not a pearson lover, or hater. But why do I not expect promotion? Simply because i am not a biased, unknowledgeable and deluded football fan like yourself. If QPR cannot sell the likes of remy and taarabt then Redknapp has already confirmed they will play in the championship....how can we compete with that? Then there is wigan and reading who have only made improvements to their sides, you have forest who will finish above us this season, especially after seeing them sign both Hobbs and Mackie, two players who would break into any starting 11 in this league.

I am not saying i do not want promotion, just that i do not expect it, whether we have pearson, sven, or mourinho in charge.

I'm excited, there's bugger all else to look forward to. I love the first day, there's no huge tension but it's usually sunny and I miss relaxing on a Saturday night and watching the highlights of all the games. There'll be a couple of live matches on too and if we win against Boro I'll feel a lot better about us.

I'm hoping when I see us against Leeds and hopefully Derby we'll put in positive and promising displays.

The bit I'm most looking forward to is Stringer asking Pearson "what's your expectation for the season" .....

I genuinely don't know what he's going to say and how Stringer will manage to upset him but I suspect it's going to be a season highlight!!!

Archived