Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Is Pearson Worth £1,000,000 per. Year?

A simple yes or no question'

My belief is a no. If we were to gain promotion, that answer would be yes.

So far his high earnings have not paid dividends, and given the financial climate we are in, the answer ," no", becomes even more profound. Correctly, the high earning players need to be gone ,but Pearson's salary doubled when he left Hull, so that to me, puts him on a par to those high earning players. Would he have come here if he had been offered the same salary. I suspect that the answer would be no.

So, if you believe he is worth a £1,000,000 per year, then please explain why.

No person is, not when you have nurses and teachers doing valuable work for less than some footballers earn in a week.

It's not Pearson's fault he got that contract and fair play to him for being able to get it.  Does Sven get blamed for this or was it Andrew Neville or Susan Whelan's fault?

Whichever idiot at the club advised the Thai's he was the man needs running out of town as they clearly know the square root of f'ck all about football.

In the real world no, but then Beckford isn't worth 40k a week, nor Rooney 250K a week, or anyone in football the grossly inflated salaries.

I would imagine that is probably going rate for managers at clubs with premiership aspirations, and as such the question is would we get any better for 1,000,000 a year?

Answer probably not, (especially when you factor in paying to cancel the contract and paying compo for taking a manager from another club, and promising them money to buy their own players and bring in their own backroom staff and employ their son).

Course he isn't.

Football at this level isn't in the real world though.

To be paying a fella like Pearson a million quid a year borders on lunacy. But it's all relative. Redknapp has never been a brilliant tactician. He gets by on his 'uncle arry image. But I bet he's on more than Pearson.

course he isn't now

However, he was when he was in a job and we had to poach him

Is Konchesky worth buying out of his Liverpool contract, was Danns worth sniping from under the noses of Champions League Rangers & Premier League Wolves, was it worth bumping up the contracts of Schlupp, Wellens, King & Gallagher to match those overpaid new arrivals so everyone is on more money than they can get elsewhere.... and so on.... and so on...

Like I said Pearson isn't worth £1m wages... Although it was supposed to be £850k however he's proved he could do more with less & not having both his hands tied behind his back by previous mismanagement he'd have saved far, far, far more than that with shipping players our & bringing some in- However thanks to their contracts and our owner enforced debt none of that's possible so we are where we are and we're all in it together so if you're not with us & everyone here (no one is going anywhere)... you're against us.

Most of us get paid for results at work, managers and players would sh*t themselves!

Most of us get paid for results at work, managers and players would sh*t themselves!

No person is, not when you have nurses and teachers doing valuable work for less than some footballers earn in a week.

It's not Pearson's fault he got that contract and fair play to him for being able to get it.  Does Sven get blamed for this or was it Andrew Neville or Susan Whelan's fault?

Whichever idiot at the club advised the Thai's he was the man needs running out of town as they clearly know the square root of f'ck all about football.

I am not blaming Pearson for it. I would have done the same.

People and things are only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for them. If he is being paid £1m a year then he clearly is worth it as someone values his worth at that amount.

You don't walk into a £1m a year job. You would have to earn your way to that amount. When we first signed Pearson he was on nowhere near that. A promotion and play off spot later and with a decent spell under his belt with Hull, his worth increased to that. You could argue that is a fluke but I am sure he would argue he worked hard for both clubs and the results speak for themselves. We haven't done bad since he came back. His signings have made us a few quid too. Can't think of many that have left us out of pocket.

Not really, most people get paid to do a job to an adequate level, not to be in the top 20 in the country. Some people who work in sales are target driven and if they don't meet their targets will not get their bonus (generally they don't get fired for not meeting targets). 

Again football is not the real world, and the expectations of the thousands of fans and the press is not realistic, in the real world people don't get thousands of people calling for you to be fired despite improving year on year results whilst also reducing the costs, but this isn't the real world it is moneyball sponsored by SKY, and because of that expectations and wages are sky high. Deal with it or go and watch the egg chasers, cricketsnooker, Sunday league.

No. No championship manager should be earning that much. (Heck, no championship player would earn that much if it was up to me..).

That being said, he's done a brilliant job reducing the wage bill and building a strong, young (affordable) side, which the majority of will only increase in value as they get older. He's probably helped the club save/earn over a million a year when all that is taken into consideration, so I'm happy for him to stay in that respect.

Sven/Neville on the other hand would have to be -£1m/year just to get anywhere close to NP's efficiency in that regard.

(Of course, all of this is from a footballing perspective. Of course no-one deserves to earn this much compared to the relative pittance that Nurses and the like are paid)

No-one's worth that at this level. Just like with Sven, Danns, Beckford et al, you can blame Pearson's wages on the money men at the club. Sickening the way money has been thrown around in pursuit of a bit of success. We were doing fine till the Thais turned up made we any better off now? Certainly not.

No-one's worth that at this level. Just like with Sven, Danns, Beckford et al, you can blame Pearson's wages on the money men at the club. Sickening the way money has been thrown around in pursuit of a bit of success. We were doing fine till the Thais turned up made we any better off now? Certainly not.

I'd suggest we are worse off now aren't we?

The Thais went for it first time, with the wrong manager and we are now reaping the losses.

The main thing that makes me want to continue giving Pearson a chance is because he has nowhere near the financial clout that was afforded to Sven.

I'd suggest we are worse off now aren't we?

The Thais went for it first time, with the wrong manager and we are now reaping the losses.

The main thing that makes me want to continue giving Pearson a chance is because he has nowhere near the financial clout that was afforded to Sven.

Definitely. It's getting to the point now that I wish they'd never turned up. They're running the club into the ground and we've got absolutely nothing to show for it.

They know nothing about football, they've thrown money around left, right and centre - but that's alright because it's all loaned to us at 8% interest. If it wouldn't leave us seriously in the shite, I'd be happy for them to leave tomorrow.

Archived