Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Is Pearson Worth £1,000,000 per. Year?

Definitely. It's getting to the point now that I wish they'd never turned up. They're running the club into the ground and we've got absolutely nothing to show for it.

They know nothing about football, they've thrown money around left, right and centre - but that's alright because it's all loaned to us at 8% interest. If it wouldn't leave us seriously in the shite, I'd be happy for them to leave tomorrow.

I tend to agree now Rich. But I don't think they are running the club into the ground are they?

They now seem to have done a complete u-turn. Where, with Sven it was big signings, big wages and big contracts, they are now seeming to be very very cautious.

We all know that getting promoted will make far far more money than cutting the wage bill ever would. Yet they are going now for the latter.

You could be right perhaps... A running the club into the ground, tightening up the finances with a view to selling?

I'm no financial expert.. But that would kinda make sense?

Definitely. It's getting to the point now that I wish they'd never turned up. They're running the club into the ground and we've got absolutely nothing to show for it.

They know nothing about football, they've thrown money around left, right and centre - but that's alright because it's all loaned to us at 8% interest. If it wouldn't leave us seriously in the shite, I'd be happy for them to leave tomorrow.

It will be interesting to look at the repayment amounts when the figures are announced under the new regulations, I would have thought to get us under the the remit we wouldn't be paying alot or anything back at present, and it's loaned from king power plc I believe, so probably some dodgy tax thing going on, don't know.

Ok they have got a lot wrong but like you I hope they stick it out, but if they don't I wouldn't worry to much, they own every part of city now, and if they want out, the only way is to sell us, and more than likely have to take a hit on the debt, as another buyer will pay the value of the club and won't be interested in taking on a 100 mill debt they created.

a) The manager should be paid more than the players if he is going to demand respect.

b) Managers are easier to sack than players so that risk should be reflected in their pay.

In summary, yes he is.

a) The manager should be paid more than the players if he is going to demand respect.

b) Managers are easier to sack than players so that risk should be reflected in their pay.

In summary, yes he is.

Is he paid more than all of the players though?

Top    Well Nige  I am prepared to offer you £1 million per year to manage LCFC, what do you say to that?

NP   No thanks Top, I'm not worth it

Top   Well we think you are.

NP    Ok then, ta!

I don't know what either he or the players are paid, only the widely differing rumours on here.

I do agree with the principle that the manager should be the highest paid, but if the £1 million figure is true, that works out at roughly £20k a week, when Beckford and Mills were alleged to have been on much more than that, and I'd assume we've got some current players on a higher salary too.

I'm led to believe that market forces dictate a person's value .

if you don't agree with that, then say so more often in relation to other over paid  leaches such as royalty , bankers etc etc  :thumbup:

No. A lot of people do a lot more for society and deserve more money than pearson, like doctors or teachers. However due to the ridiculousness of pay in the world of football, relative to others he probably is worth that money even if he or any other person in football doesn't deserve that much.

Also i had an idea how to solve it. Every player and manager should be on the same money. for example every player and manager in the UCL could be on 100k a year then players and managers in the UEL could be on 90k a year and so on right down to lower league football. Yes many would be earning less in a year than they do currently in a week but i think 100k a year is more than generous. Also to make it more fair you could have performance related pay say 1k every time they play and so on.

Im sure there are flaws in this but i think it would sort out the underlying issues in the game. 

Sadly it's all relative, ...No one would ever disagree that nurses, doctors and teachers for example are all massively underpaid in relation to what they provide society, yet sadly sky tv (and now BT) aren't interested in pumping billions into those because it doesn't generate them money .... The money in football is ridiculous at all levels but it's completely obscene in the premier league and the financial reward for reaching is so great that clubs are willing to pay over the odds to get there!

They probably saw 1million a year for a potential prize of say 130million as a price they were happy to pay

I agree with you every word. Shouldn't be about Np being worth a million are the Thai's good for our club? That's debateable.

Yes he is, he has saved the club from throwing even more millions down the drain and invested for the future.

If anything he has done them a big favor because the majority of other managers would have blown the lot.

I appreciate your point, but as to investing in the future, I don't know. Neither you, or I can foresee what will happen.

Archived