Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lestajigs

Leeds at home attendance

I am sure the Zac Leeds bloke who has been posting on here is a decent bloke and a true footy fan. However, at 52 yrs of age and having followed City far and wide, I must inform him that although he may feel the majority of Leeds fans are decent football fans just looking to enjoy a day out, Leeds fans do still come across as old style racist hooligan scum. Now he may say it is a minority of Leeds fans, maybe he would be correct, but it is a sizeable minority.

Also they actually revel in the reputation that they are still old style 70's racist hooligans.

Sorry about that, crowd size? 23,457, as others have said, shame about Sky, otherwise could've been 27-28,000

Well that's 3 from the Spud household that won't be going. We got really fed-up with all the moves for Sky last season so made a decision that we will only go to Saturday 3 o'clock matches this season. Sick to death of it.

I am sure the Zac Leeds bloke who has been posting on here is a decent bloke and a true footy fan. However, at 52 yrs of age and having followed City far and wide, I must inform him that although he may feel the majority of Leeds fans are decent football fans just looking to enjoy a day out, Leeds fans do still come across as old style racist hooligan scum. Now he may say it is a minority of Leeds fans, maybe he would be correct, but it is a sizeable minority.

Also they actually revel in the reputation that they are still old style 70's racist hooligans.

Sorry about that, crowd size? 23,457, as others have said, shame about Sky, otherwise could've been 27-28,000

Understand your comments, and for sure yes thier is still a minority who can let us down badly, and i wont argue our minority maybe larger than others, but our average away support is also the largest outside the premier, i think hooliganism itself was something that effected most teams from mid 70's through to late 80's / early 90's, and yes during those times Leeds became notorious and widely hated because the hooligans caused major disorder all over the place.. this in itself attracted wanna be hard men from all over the place.. if you look at previous history, the arrested people came from all over the country as well of course, Leeds.. from the mid 90's through to now, tougher policing, tougher sentancing and CCTV have thankfully reduced hooliganism everywhere, but there are still people out there who think its 1982, nothing to be proud of but it is definately the minority.

Leeds supporters are certainly better behaved than they were.

Used to be a horrible atmosphere at Filbert St when you came down, then there were the incidents in 2005 with Istanbul and racist chants, along with trouble, which seems to have acted as a watershed moment and calmed the hostility on both sides in recent matches.

Understand your comments, and for sure yes thier is still a minority who can let us down badly, and i wont argue our minority maybe larger than others, but our average away support is also the largest outside the premier, i think hooliganism itself was something that effected most teams from mid 70's through to late 80's / early 90's, and yes during those times Leeds became notorious and widely hated because the hooligans caused major disorder all over the place.. this in itself attracted wanna be hard men from all over the place.. if you look at previous history, the arrested people came from all over the country as well of course, Leeds.. from the mid 90's through to now, tougher policing, tougher sentancing and CCTV have thankfully reduced hooliganism everywhere, but there are still people out there who think its 1982, nothing to be proud of but it is definately the minority.

Good post Zac, as a lifelong City fan of a similar age to Wellerintights I have the same feelings about Leeds fans, which sadly yes is mainly due to the 80s n early 90s! I do think the Beirut days are long since gone, however, you do seem to have a considerable faction which are still caught in a time warp.

Good post Zac, as a lifelong City fan of a similar age to Wellerintights I have the same feelings about Leeds fans, which sadly yes is mainly due to the 80s n early 90s! I do think the Beirut days are long since gone, however, you do seem to have a considerable faction which are still caught in a time warp.

Cheers, I am 38 so fortunately missed the majority of the hooligan era at its worst, i was at Filbert Street as a guest of Leicester based supplier on one of the years where racist chants came from our end, being sat in opposite stand, could only sit and cringe, and yes it did provoke reaction from fans in the adjoining stand behind the goal, we now have the same scenario when Istanbul stuff is thrown our way, and it does light the white touch paper on some occasions. anyway thats the last on the negative side of the game.. hopefully a good game to end the weekend.

Cheers, I am 38 so fortunately missed the majority of the hooligan era at its worst, i was at Filbert Street as a guest of Leicester based supplier on one of the years where racist chants came from our end, being sat in opposite stand, could only sit and cringe, and yes it did provoke reaction from fans in the adjoining stand behind the goal, we now have the same scenario when Istanbul stuff is thrown our way, and it does light the white touch paper on some occasions. anyway thats the last on the negative side of the game.. hopefully a good game to end the weekend.

Yeah too true! I'd be BSing if I wished you luck but enjoy your day out and may the best team.....yadda yadda

I got a call from the club's sales department this evening - probably due to me buying a load of "VIP" tickets for my old man and his mates for the Monaco game. The club must think I'm big time now and have clearly added me to some list of people to call.

Chatting to the guy briefly and sounds like they're doing well on the corporate stuff for this, which usually is a sign of a good crowd. Or it could have been a sales spiel. "You don't want to miss out" and all that.

But if he wasn't fibbing then I'm hoping to see 25,000 being broken. Actually, didn't count myself in that. 25,001. Looking forward to it! 

Yes the idiot is banned, he see's himself as a bit of a hero.. the vast, vast majority of Leeds think he his beyond help, unfortunately his actions will play into the hands of all the clubs/constabularies who change our k/o times to daft o'clock and games at the likes of Bournemouth, Blackpool, Yeovil to a midweek game in late November etc.. most Leeds fans just want a good day outt like most supporters.

I sat with Leeds fans two years ago - against Bristol City. McCormack got a late winner (2-1). Was working in the area with an LUFC fan - and had no way of getting back to Leicester in time so thought I'd go and see a game.

Must say enjoyed it and even though everybody around me knew I was a Foxes fan (we beat Brighton that day, who were unbeaten until then, and I started celebrating soon after half time when I got the latest score through) never had any bother. Quite the contrary to be honest. Good banter. No illusions that it would've been very different if you would've been playing us on the day, of course, but did enjoy it. 

Anyway, good luck for the season. From Monday onwards. 

Used to be a horrible atmosphere at Filbert St when you came down, then there were the incidents in 2005 with Istanbul and racist chants, along with trouble, which seems to have

Used to be a horrible atmosphere at Filbert St when you came down, then there were the incidents in 2005 with Istanbul and racist chants, along with trouble, which seems to have acted as a watershed moment and calmed the hostility on both sides in recent matches.

Jim Lad !!!!  Back of the net !!!

Laugh?   I thought my trousers would never dry !!!!

Guest MattP

Had a few beers in the Counting House with 4/5 Leeds fans last year and they were great.

Everyone has there idiots, like someone said above, nothing now compared to Filbo, it used to be carnage around Burnmoor St after every game with them.

Get of our site you Hovis eating SCUM!

Ok will leave you all to tell each other how great you are,and how all Leeds fans in your opinion are SCUM.. you personally appear to have issues in interacting and putting together a sentance of any real meaning.. as a general rule, most forums are of course predominantly for fans of that particular club to discuss the past and and upcoming games along with any other football related stuff... but just before your team plays another usually fans of the opposing teams (ie: me) check in to see how the game is being looked at in terms of crowd, team and confidence etc.. a good few of your own posters replied with good banter how it should be, i suggest you learn a few more words and build up the self esteem to leave your own inward little bubble, you may move on in life..

As for Leeds support, hopefully we make a good noise on Sunday and get a win or a decent draw.. if we are very loud, this will hopefully just throw down the gauntlet to your own fans to be even louder, then we can all show the tv viewers what a good atmosphere is.

My last post, Hovis for breakfast i guess.

Archived