Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Would you play Knockaert up front?

When Knocky was forced into CM against Bristol (?) last season when Morgan got sent off, he started to play better than when he was on the wing. He loves being involved in play and directs the play forward form midfield. However, you have to expect that on some occasions he may give the ball away but on others h might create a goal.

I agree he lacks the pace, but height is not everything. Tony Cottee got plenty of goals as did Davie Gibson, and they were short. It is pace and skill that counts up front, so I personally would not use Knocky. Way too slow. 

Gibson was a creative player, not a striker!

You want Knockaert on the ball, as a centre forward in any capacity he isn't going to be on the ball as much. Simple.

It depends if he's on the ball less but in better positions. Plenty of possession just inside the opponents half won't do us much good. But playing as a second striker could see him on the ball in places where he can hurt the opposition albeit slightly less of the time. Particularly at home where teams will again this season be looking to contain us by swamping the midfield before trying to nick a goal.

Knockaert is suited well for the centre forward role, just behind the two strikers. As a variation, I'd also go with 3-4-1-2 or 4-3-1-2 for more defensive play.

Knockaert reminds me of a player in the mould of Eden Hazard, so I wouldn't just pin him down on one position - he should be everywhere on the pitch in order to confuse the opposition.

I haven't seen him enough to fully comment on his abilities on the left side in midfield/offensive midfield.

Think we would be overpowered if he played as part of a midfield three.

If we play the 352, I can only see Knockeart fitting in as a deeper striker , linking defence and midfield (more a 3511) - If you are old enough to remember the position Baggio used to play for Italy.

I wouldn't say you really need pace to play there, more a high level of creativity and an ability to pick a pass and in front of a midfield who will break forward.

It depends if he's on the ball less but in better positions. Plenty of possession just inside the opponents half won't do us much good. But playing as a second striker could see him on the ball in places where he can hurt the opposition albeit slightly less of the time. Particularly at home where teams will again this season be looking to contain us by swamping the midfield before trying to nick a goal.

Agree. Also, if strikers don't get the ball - see Wayne Rooney.

Archived