Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

NP on fans expectations and pressure (post Wycombe)

Just listened to Stringer's interview with NP after the Wycombe match. I thought it interesting that he seemed to go out of his way to thank the travelling fans and how positive he thought their contribution was, saying that it was going to be vital this season. I couldn't agree more with him on that. In that statement I thought he might have been implicitly saying that the negativity of some of our fans gets to the team and can affect performance. So on the note; it's 'Up the Foxes' every game for me!

Secondly he spoke about the level of expectation at the club so often in that interview that it struck me as unusual. He must be feeling it a bit. Put yourself in his shoes for a moment and imagine the pressure of having our fans and the Thai board telling you that you have to deliver; or else! It can't be easy.

Let's get behind the team and NP and kick out the negativity. How many points is positivity worth over a season? Better to be a barmy army no matter what, than moaning doom merchants.

The fans are as important as the players. Being positive about the club, manager, players and results (win or lose) makes all the difference. I'm sure the players read what the fans say here from time to time.

I agree with what the OP is saying about pressure and stuff - its there for all to see..

But if you are a manager in the championship and you are earning 1 million pounds a year then it don't matter if you have only been given 2 sticks to rub together, a promotion challenge( at least) is expected.

i have always been a NP supporter, but if he is saying its unfair pressure then he needs to step aside and let someone else earn that money and give it a crack.

NP is right though- positive reactions from the crowd are going to be important this season and our travelling fans are great!

Sounds like he is realising that he's part of a team that supporters are part of too ... and that he's starting to take his communications with them seriously.

It's great if he is .... it's been an area he has lacked in previously - motivating the fans, but maybe this is another lesson he has finally learnt!!!

I agree with what the OP is saying about pressure and stuff - its there for all to see..

But if you are a manager in the championship and you are earning 1 million pounds a year then it don't matter if you have only been given 2 sticks to rub together, a promotion challenge( at least) is expected.

i have always been a NP supporter, but if he is saying its unfair pressure then he needs to step aside and let someone else earn that money and give it a crack.

NP is right though- positive reactions from the crowd are going to be important this season and our travelling fans are great!

Has the alleged £1m salary ever been confirmed?

depends what source would satisfy you.

If you are waiting for Nigel himself to come online and declare his earnings then it could be a long wait..

Probably not. A bit like how everyone harps on about Koncheskys wage yet no bugger has any hard figures.

Anyway, I've said this for a long time- lets get behind them on Sunday. We saw towards the end of last season how good and loud our home atmosphere can be when we collectively pull our fingers out from all sides of the ground.

Hoping for some big things this season from l k and n blocks.

depends what source would satisfy you.

If you are waiting for Nigel himself to come online and declare his earnings then it could be a long wait..

Surely it's only a matter of time before Stringer asks him for his P60

Probably not. A bit like how everyone harps on about Koncheskys wage yet no bugger has any hard figures.

Anyway, I've said this for a long time- lets get behind them on Sunday. We saw towards the end of last season how good and loud our home atmosphere can be when we collectively pull our fingers out from all sides of the ground.

Hoping for some big things this season from l k and n blocks.

what do you mean by 'hard' figures?

It was quoted in pretty much every media source reporting the story when he was re-appointed that his salary was 1 million a year with a 1 million bonus for getting us promoted.

Has anyone raided his accountants office? no. Will Nigel himself come on air and tell us all how much he is earning? no

But considering the Thais lavish spending then it would seem quite a conservative amount to what they have been spending on players, making it an entirely believable amount.

We know from our away support that we can make some noise, and we have seen it a fair few times at home. So it comes as a surprise when we generate no atmosphere at all, I know it's not as easy as that, but we all enjoy the games far more when we get behind the lads vocally and really get a buzz going around the stadium.

Surely it's only a matter of time before Stringer asks him for his P60

lol

Stringers been quite well behaved so far too! But you can see some clangers coming.....

" So Nigel... that's your first defeat... why do you look so sad?"

" well that was a heavy defeat.. are you happy with that performance?"

Remember that celebrity boxing they had on few years back? Would love to see those two get it together...

Watching Ricky Gevais try and kick the crap out of Grant Bovey was highly entertaining...

Sven was on a £3m deal. £1.5m/yr

(As we're loss making that payoff is probably on the debt mountain (+ 8%) along with his signing's wages preventing us from strengthening now.)

NP was already in a job & with a club receiving parachute payments & presumably wasn't on bottom of the barrel wages when we 'poached' him. He knew broadly what we were paying the just sacked manager so it's obvious his wages are the reported £850k-£1m.

Anyway, on the supporting front... It's good he acknowledged the support, it could play a vital role just like it could have last season at the start of the awful form when the atmosphere was positively poisonous.

We all want the same thing. That will be achieved mote easily if we're all pulling in the same direction

what do you mean by 'hard' figures?

It was quoted in pretty much every media source reporting the story when he was re-appointed that his salary was 1 million a year with a 1 million bonus for getting us promoted.

Has anyone raided his accountants office? no. Will Nigel himself come on air and tell us all how much he is earning? no

But considering the Thais lavish spending then it would seem quite a conservative amount to what they have been spending on players, making it an entirely believable amount.

I was referring to konchesky and his wage and it's associated bandwagon on here, not NPs

Just listened to Stringer's interview with NP after the Wycombe match. I thought it interesting that he seemed to go out of his way to thank the travelling fans and how positive he thought their contribution was, saying that it was going to be vital this season. I couldn't agree more with him on that. In that statement I thought he might have been implicitly saying that the negativity of some of our fans gets to the team and can affect performance. So on the note; it's 'Up the Foxes' every game for me!

Secondly he spoke about the level of expectation at the club so often in that interview that it struck me as unusual. He must be feeling it a bit. Put yourself in his shoes for a moment and imagine the pressure of having our fans and the Thai board telling you that you have to deliver; or else! It can't be easy.

Let's get behind the team and NP and kick out the negativity. How many points is positivity worth over a season? Better to be a barmy army no matter what, than moaning doom merchants.

Just one thing. All managers have to deliver, if they want to keep their jobs. It's what they get paid for. £1,000,000 is not paid for just being an also ran, in this league.

No one is saying it is easy.

Archived