Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Leicester vs Leeds Match Thread

FFS - if we have a season of this quality then it is going to be long and boring and no chance of promotion / playoffs. 

You're right... but don't forget there is 11 other players on that pitch doing their best to stop us playing. Today they did do not helped by James & King being AWOL today

they nailed their tactics today which left us with scraps, I'm not over the moon, in fact I'm pretty disappointed, but on the brightside we didn't lose despite Leeds doing a job on us and that point could be important.

Attacking no, but Moore was solid in defence - best player on the pitch today, although I'd agree that isn't much to shout about.

Yeh there was nothing wrong with his defending tbf, though you could say Morgan was equally solid, they didn't really trouble us much tbh.

Other than the subs who all looked at least lively IMO Moore probably was the best player.

Leeds offered absolutely nothing but they have the excuse of being the away team, what's ours? I hope that horrendous 3-5-2 is put to bed now - 7 defensive players at home, shocking!

Leeds offered tactics to stop us playing and that worked today.

As for 7 defensive players, they weren't... that's just the poor performances most of them turned in today except for Moore who I thought had a good game, and Morgan was standard too

Drinkwater was wank throughout.

What particularly impressed you about him? His sideways passing? His backwards passing? His deflected shot that went for a corner? Or his pointless hooked balls forward when he was facing our goal?

Played well in the first half...what on earth are you smoking? He did absolutely bugger all but negative things.

I wasn't impressed... he was just the pick of the bad bunch in that first half.... and you picking him out and not James or King is just bizarre

Someone is supposed to collect the ball off the defence in a 352 and play it sideways to supposedly flying wingbacks... A combination of James & King stealing their wages, Leeds doing a job, RDL obviously a bit ill & Konchesky being Konchesky meant it never really worked.

Leeds offered tactics to stop us playing and that worked today.

As for 7 defensive players, they weren't... that's just the poor performances most of them turned in today except for Moore who I thought had a good game, and Morgan was standard too

I wasn't impressed... he was just the pick of the bad bunch in that first half.... and you picking him out and not James or King is just bizarre

Someone is supposed to collect the ball off the defence in a 352 and play it sideways to supposedly flying wingbacks... A combination of James & King stealing their wages, Leeds doing a job, RDL obviously a bit ill & Konchesky being Konchesky meant it never really worked.

I picked out Drinkwater because his negativity astonishes me, and it's quite common.

We know all about King, he has games where he's invisible, today I thought he was just crap. James was anonymous.

But I noticed Drinkwater a lot because of how often he got on the ball and how little he did with it. He annoyed me more than the others because he slowed us down almost everytime he got it. Some of these players don't realise that they should be running into space and making things happen. This is what Wood and Knockaert did at least once when they came off the bench which led to us making openings/hitting the post.

Someone wouldn't need to collect the ball if our defenders had any quality on it. Collecting the ball is negative and if the opposition presses it just forces you backwards. That was one of the many tactical flaws today.

In any case, I would have thought James and King should have been deeper and if Drinky is this passer he's supposed to be he should be further forward. Sadly IMO he's not up to that anyway.

Drinkwater's pass selection was awful in the second half, which is inexcusable when you consider the amount of time it takes him to get the bloody ball out of his feet.

Archived