Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Leicester vs Leeds Match Thread

Crap. There is not much to be positive or hopeful about on that showing.

Pearson has to take a look at his tactics now. We've got 3 in midfield against their 4, sometimes 5, yet none of the 3 are hard ball winners or creative. King is playing like turd and Drinkwater is really starting to annoy me. What's he even there for? He's sitting deep, coming to get the ball off people behind him and then playing it backwards or sideways. He's not even trying to be a creative player. We could do this all day, it is not going to work. Something has to change.

Our forward passing has been awful. The strikers haven't had a chance, all we're doing is hoofing it up to players who cannot possibly win a header against their defenders. Whitbread is the slowest person alive and cannot pass.

I'm not sure Konchesky has a clue what he's doing. He's a wing back, not a midfielder, yet he's never helping the defence and Leeds have got in behind on his side numerous times. It's too easy for them.

Now, we can't bring on any hard men in midfield so we've got 2 options: 1 is to switch to 4-4-2 to give us a chance of competing in the middle. Get Dyer on and get him to bring some pace to our play, maybe Marshall as well. The other is to bring Knockers on, because we're desperate for some creativity and link up to the front 2, which none of our midfield 3 offers at all.

But something has to be done. Pearson needs to shake off his cautious mentality and be pro-active. Waiting for something to change will do nothing, we'll just carry on doing this until he actually makes a change. It has to be now, not later.

I don't think we've been overrun in midfield ..... we just haven't linked midfield with the strikers and haven't played with any intensity.

We look very blunt up front too ..... Vardy and Nugent isn't working as a partnership for me.

Moore looks good, De Laet trying to bomb on, Drinky has had a lot of possession. Far too many intricate passes because Leeds are closing us. Vardy particularly isolated. Whitbread looks completely out of sorts. Varney or McCormack will get a chance this half so we have to be much more progressive.

I thought the whole point of 3-5-2 was to be expansive, play nice football with pace etc etc. Like Watford did last year. Not just everyone stood still passing it sideways hoping the person they pass it to will do something other than pass it sideways. 

If Drinkwater ever passed it forwards we might get the ball up to Nuge/Vardy.

Our most creative players are on the bench.....glass half full n all that I suppose!!

Knockaert is creative, if he passes and not just run into dead ends - The way this Leeds side is playing he wouldn't get 0.001sec on the ball - Maybe better coming on around 70mins than tiring himself out in a fast game

It's good we can keep some of our powder dry and (for the Championship) have a really strong bench

I thought the whole point of 3-5-2 was to be expansive, play nice football with pace etc etc. Like Watford did last year. Not just everyone stood still passing it sideways hoping the person they pass it to will do something other than pass it sideways. 

THIS.

It can be great with an attack minded philosophy ..... or this dire with a negative one!!!!

Snore. Incredibly boring game thus far, not linking up at all. Needs a creative player in our midfield - like Knocky. Not getting the ball to nuge or vardy, can't fault their efforts, but they shouldn't be having to chase back to our half simply for a touch.

I don't think we've been overrun in midfield ..... we just haven't linked midfield with the strikers and haven't played with any intensity.

We look very blunt up front too ..... Vardy and Nugent isn't working as a partnership for me.

It's not their fault, they've barely had a kick. I could criticise Nugent for not having a shot in the box but generally they've had nothing to work with.

For me we've definitely been overrun, we can't play it forward without losing it and even our 5 yard passes are pushing us backwards.  We cannot get hold of it and make something happen.

It's the midfield who need to play with intensity, but the likes of Drinkwater and King are so pathetically slow on the ball.

Pearson has to take a look at his tactics now. We've got 3 in midfield against their 4, sometimes 5, yet none of the 3 are hard ball winners or creative. King is playing like turd and Drinkwater is really starting to annoy me. What's he even there for? He's sitting deep, coming to get the ball off people behind him and then playing it backwards or sideways. He's not even trying to be a creative player. We could do this all day, it is not going to work. Something has to change.

Our forward passing has been awful. The strikers haven't had a chance, all we're doing is hoofing it up to players who cannot possibly win a header against their defenders. Whitbread is the slowest person alive and cannot pass.

I'm not sure Konchesky has a clue what he's doing. He's a wing back, not a midfielder, yet he's never helping the defence and Leeds have got in behind on his side numerous times. It's too easy for them.

Now, we can't bring on any hard men in midfield so we've got 2 options: 1 is to switch to 4-4-2 to give us a chance of competing in the middle. Get Dyer on and get him to bring some pace to our play, maybe Marshall as well. The other is to bring Knockers on, because we're desperate for some creativity and link up to the front 2, which none of our midfield 3 offers at all.

But something has to be done. Pearson needs to shake off his cautious mentality and be pro-active. Waiting for something to change will do nothing, we'll just carry on doing this until he actually makes a change. It has to be now, not later.

Key turning points in games are often from the 60min mark, this game is too tight & McDermott to canny a manager for us to piss this game.

Weird criticism over Drinkwater who's just about been our best player... and you highlight exactly what he should be doing... as a negative

One of the 3 midfielders needs to come and collect the ball off the back then pass it sideways to the wingback... that's basically his job.

James & King however? Are they even on the pitch, just dire... and it's that that is costing us along with our left side costing us possession with endless hoofs from Bombscare & Hoofsky

James has been the worst midfielder for me. If King is anonymous then he is a hermit living in cave at the top of Kilimanjaro.

First time I've seen us in this 352 as that was poor, really boring. Were solid enough so that'll please Pearson but where is the creativity? pace? shots? Don't think we've had a meaningful attempt on goal.

Whitbread is a disaster waiting to happen get him off, I'm sure Konchesky can do a better job left center and bring Dyer or Schlupp on for some pace at wing back. I suppose Knockaert playing in the central 3 would be asking for too much. :rolleyes:

It's not their fault, they've barely had a kick. I could criticise Nugent for not having a shot in the box but generally they've had nothing to work with.

For me we've definitely been overrun, we can't play it forward without losing it and even our 5 yard passes are pushing us backwards.  We cannot get hold of it and make something happen.

It's the midfield who need to play with intensity, but the likes of Drinkwater and King are so pathetically slow on the ball.

It's 50/50 for me ..... the reason midfield and attack isn't linking is that the midfield are humping rubbish balls to them .... but also some of the better balls just aren't sticking to the front two .... the hold up play is non existent!

I am not sure how anyone can judge the strike pairing as either the ball is being contained within one area of the field, usually down the left, with everyone being drawn into that area with no space and passes of no more than a few feet until we lose it OR the ball is being hit long with hope. No one is trying to switch the play or give the forwards a ball that they can do anything with. They either have to agree to being sucked into the pinball of short passes or hope to be picked out by the long ball. Someone needs to get hold of it in midfield and set up some link-up play.

Archived