Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

What would you honestly think......

If CL had unvailed Steve Claridge as our new striker signing? I reckon he would still be worth 12 goals per season in the championship.

149544[/snapback]

It would put the germ of an idea in my mind that CL was starting to lose the plot. ;):thumbup:

It would put the germ of an idea in my mind that CL was starting to lose the plot.  ;):thumbup:

149549[/snapback]

I would also be the first to call for his resignation, but thinking about it Steve Claridge would then be appointed and then i would question the boards decision!!!

Anyway, it wont happen and the only reason we would get Claridge would be if CL wanted him as a coach and i seriously doubt it as he isnt Scottish!

I would be disgusted.

149552[/snapback]

What about Collymore then? I think It would actually take 4weeks for my willy to go back in my tousers and then another year of pinching myself!!

Did anyone see him on that sky sports 95/96 premiership review last night (the only fooking season it could have been without leicester) was watching it in a bar and had this really fit lass dancing near me but chose the Collymore goals! when the adverts came on i turned around and she walked right out of the door :ermm: WOMAN :ph34r:;)

I reckon both Claridge and Collymore would be v v poor buys. They are too old, have nothing to prove (and even if they did they wouldnt be able to hack it anymore), and cannot keep up with the demands of the league nowadays. I agree with Ric, I would really be disgusted with any of these, regardless of how good they have been, some 4-5 years ago..

;o)

Yeh mate, those Prem years are on everyday, we were in it this morning, should be repeated tonight.

149596[/snapback]

was it 96-97 this morning... I remember Heskeys goal against Southampton at Filbo when we won 2-1, and was that the season when we lost 2-1 to shef wed but claridge scored an absoulte scorcher after i think pembridge had scored a corker about 5 mins before? life was better in those days :)

I reckon both Claridge and Collymore would be v v poor buys. They are too old, have nothing to prove (and even if they did they wouldnt be able to hack it anymore), and cannot keep up with the demands of the league nowadays. I agree with Ric, I would really be disgusted with any of these, regardless of how good they have been, some 4-5 years ago..

;o)

149598[/snapback]

What ya drinking mate? Collymore is only 34 now YES 34, thats 2 years younger than Dublin!!! If he really wanted to and thats a big if, he could set the premiership on fire let alone the championship, when you've got the raw talent that Collys got you don't forget how to play. BRING HIM BACK I SAY CL :smile:

Collymore's had his moments - mostly down the car park from what I read - but when has he ever, in recent years especially, put a sustained spell of (football) achievement together, even at Leicester when he star shone but oh so briefly?

You'd be investing in old age and risk and it ain't worth it. If its back up to the existing strikers we've got to live with then I'd sooner go with giving Ashley Chambers some experience cos I see little point wasting money on a makeweight if we've got Dublin and Chambers, except to add a bit of squad value (but then he'll need to play) .

I'm still disappointed that what we've already got is the level of our striking aspirations. It seems a long way from Gary Lineker, Frank Worthington, Derek Dougan et al.

Collymore's had his moments - mostly down the car park from what I read - but when has he ever, in recent years especially, put a sustained spell of (football) achievement together, even at Leicester when he star shone but oh so briefly?

You'd be investing in old age and risk and it ain't worth it. If its back up to the existing strikers we've got to live with then I'd sooner go with giving Ashley Chambers some experience cos I see little point wasting money on a makeweight if we've got Dublin and Chambers, except to add a bit of squad value (but then he'll need to play) .

I'm still disappointed that what we've already got is the level of our striking aspirations. It seems a long way from Gary Lineker, Frank Worthington, Derek Dougan et al.

149635[/snapback]

Let's bring Gary back too :smile:lol

What ya drinking mate? Collymore is only 34 now YES 34, thats 2 years younger than Dublin!!! If he really wanted to and thats a big if, he could set the premiership on fire let alone the championship, when you've got the raw talent that Collys got you don't forget how to play. BRING HIM BACK I SAY CL :smile:

149608[/snapback]

I would fricking love it if we got Super Stan back he was the best striker ive seen in a City shirt.

His Fitness will be shocking though :(

I would fricking love it if we got Super Stan back he was the best striker ive seen in a City shirt.

His Fitness will be shocking though  :(

149644[/snapback]

what even after all that exersize he's been getting with sharon stone ;)

149608[/snapback]

Ok he had natural talent but how long ago was that - during his time at Leicester he was in his prime - 29/30ish. The gamble on his behaviour was a risk but at least his natural ability was good and his age was right at the time. 5 years on and he's had ulrika bashings, dogging scandals, suicide attempts and all sorts. During this time he's probably played zilch football.

He is younger than dublin agreed, but not half the professional Dion is. Dubs can get close to lifting a team when its down, whereas Collymore would probably run and sulk in a corner. Yes he was good, but his time is long gone and he wouldnt make any team in this league given his history. Besides - someone with his character would not be very welcome in the dressing room - CL is trying to build a team of hard working, hungry, good spirited bunch - and I wouldnt class Collymore in any of those categories..

:o)

If CL had unvailed Steve Claridge as our new striker signing? I reckon he would still be worth 12 goals per season in the championship.

149544[/snapback]

I'd take him on a week-to-week contract until we've got more numbers up front. He's as fit as a butcher's dog and smart enough to bag a few in this league (a la Sheringham last season).

He's stick a few bums on seats too. I'm not too bothered about Tommy Wright or Chris O'Won'tmaketheGrady.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: and once more, :ph34r:

Ok he had natural talent but how long ago was that - during his time at Leicester he was in his prime - 29/30ish. The gamble on his behaviour was a risk but at least his natural ability was good and his age was right at the time. 5 years on and he's had ulrika bashings, dogging scandals, suicide attempts and all sorts. During this time he's probably played zilch football.

He is younger than dublin agreed, but not half the professional Dion is. Dubs can get close to lifting a team when its down, whereas Collymore would probably run and sulk in a corner. Yes he was good, but his time is long gone and he wouldnt make any team in this league given his history. Besides - someone with his character would not be very welcome in the dressing room - CL is trying to build a team of hard working, hungry, good spirited bunch - and I wouldnt class Collymore in any of those categories..

:o)

149791[/snapback]

Proffesional as Dublin? If Dublin had cancer throughout his career and he retired when he was younger you wouldn't point your finger at Dublin being unproffesional. Stan had a disease, clinical Deppression throughout his carreer which no one really understood and took the time to help him! Remember, Stans not your mainstream thick footballer, if you take time to listen to the guy he is actually a very intelligent person. If Collymore was to return, the question would be is he cured of his depression? not would he still go sulking in the corner!

I'd take him on a week-to-week contract until we've got more numbers up front.  He's as fit as a butcher's dog and smart enough to bag a few in this league (a la Sheringham last season).

He's stick a few bums on seats too.  I'm not too bothered about Tommy Wright or Chris O'Won'tmaketheGrady.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  and once more,  :ph34r:

149814[/snapback]

Ashley Chambers might stick a few bums on seats for a bit longer. I'd put him in the squad for Sheffield. We're not overloaded with exciting options.

Archived