Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

UEFA Champions League 2013/14

Exacltly, I can only think it's jealousy at best, bitterness at worst. He's carried his team there so far, anyone that doesn't accept that he's been the best player for well over a year now has to be embarrassed. Has to mean the world to him.

Carried the team lol... not at all, he has been an important player for sure, but if he didn't have world class players around him he wouldn't score so many and wouldn't even be playing in a final. You are taking away from the rest of the team saying he won them the CL lol

I will say as well, imagine if Bale had been a Leicester player?

I would have been going fvcking insane, and I mean INSANE, had Andy King just scored in the Champions League Final! This is the moment I'm jealous of Saints fans, this is where we wannna be, Andy King or Jeff Schlupp scoring in the Champions League Final!

Carried the team lol... not at all, he has been an important player for sure, but if he didn't have world class players around him he wouldn't score so many and wouldn't even be playing in a final. You are taking away from the rest of the team saying he won them the CL lol

lol Yeah, those 17 goals have all been down to his team... PRAISE REAL!

Pretty sure I once read somewhere that someone had done some proper research into this and found that teams who put players on the posts concede more goals from corners than those that don't. But it could also have been the other way around. I can't remember.

If that's correct then fair enough but I'd be very surprised if it were.

In this case I think it's even more inexcusable. Everyone was defending at that point, surely you don't lose that much by 'only' having eight players marking?

I imagine Simeone is in despair that he is having to play Villa instead of someone of Welbeck's quality in possibly the biggest game of Atletico's existence.

Welbeck would have been much more effective than Villa tonight with his pace on the break.

lol

Godin is a liability too, wouldn't even get in the England side

I didn't say that.

what's misleading about it? he's just scored in the 120th minute in a champions league final in his home city. or did i dream it? sky sports dreamt it too if i did. 

Lisbon is not his home city.

I was waiting for someone to point out Ronaldo's not from the mainland, let alone Lisbon. That wasn't even Sporting's ground last night, it was their archival Benfica's (though no doubt plenty of their fans went.)

If you're going to be someone's personal cheerleader, at least get their life story correct (although you'd have to start with accepting they're not the best of their generation, let alone all time, but given what I'm about to say I accept a good bit of personal bias.)

Bale wasn't dreadful either. Bale's finishing was below par but he was everywhere, was a constant threat, terrified with his running like Ronaldo was supposed to and scored the decisive goal. If you wanted more than that I think the phrase the kids use is "bore off." (I'm down with the Scouse Fox.)

lol not gonna lie someone mentioned it was his home city and the way sky were going on about it being his final, captain of Portugal in Lisbon, he used to play for Lisbon etc just assumed it was true. That's not exactly the main point of what I was arguing though and if that's the only thing you're going to respond with to what I was saying then there we go.

Agree about bale, he wasn't very bad he just wasn't very good either. He kept threatening and making himself chances but, er, he kept missing them. Rather that than do nothing for most the game like Ronaldo and Benzema mind. Think he should keep his celebrations to a minimum next time he has an average game though, don't want anyone expressing joy or anything no matter what the occasion.

Archived