Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

UEFA Champions League 2013/14

lol people actually digging ronaldo for celebrating scoring in the last minute of the champions league final in his home city. his whole career as the best player in the world has led to this and you expect him not to celebrate. you're all weird. 

That's probably the most misleading line I've read on here.

That's probably the most misleading line I've read on here.

what's misleading about it? he's just scored in the 120th minute in a champions league final in his home city. or did i dream it? sky sports dreamt it too if i did. 

lol people actually digging ronaldo for celebrating scoring in the last minute of the champions league final in his home city. his whole career as the best player in the world has led to this and you expect him not to celebrate. you're all weird.

There is celebrating and there's over-celebrating.

Not denying he's a great player but he rarely celebrates with team mates when they score. When he scores its the Ronaldo show...

forgive me but i genuinely don't think it is possible to "over" celebrate a goal in a champions league final. a. goal. in. a. champions. league. final. !!!!!!!!!11

No one his digging him for celebrating.....but why did he not join in the celebrations with Bale's goal? Everybody else did, even Casillas showed more emotion and celebration.

Ronaldo, despite being one of the best players in the world, is also one of the most arrogant (Along with the incredibly arrogant Messi). 

The removal of his shirt and constant posing was also further evidence of this.

forgive me but i genuinely don't think it is possible to "over" celebrate a goal in a champions league final. a. goal. in. a. champions. league. final. !!!!!!!!!11

I would personally rather win a domestic league title....but there you go.

what's misleading about it? he's just scored in the 120th minute in a champions league final in his home city. or did i dream it? sky sports dreamt it too if i did. 

The fact it comes across like he won them the game when that certainly wasn't the case.

I don't have any problem with him celebrating but he was acting like he was the reason they won tonight. He really wasn't.

Di Maria was excellent, Modric ran the show. Bale was shite but redeemed himself.

Real deserved that to be fair to them.

To celebrate is fine, but where was he when the celebrations were happening when he wasn't responsible for the goals being scored. Bale got the true winner and Ronaldo barely did anything... His team had just taken the lead in the champions league final and he barely smiled...

If I was Ronaldo I'd be just as arrogant, look at the man

This is slightly misleading.

The 'Look at the man' implies that he is 'great' and has a lot of positive attributes.....but then you also say because of these positive attributes he is entitled to have a negative one in his arrogance.

I suppose it is quite like 'Old Jimmy' really....because he did a lot of charity work for youngster, he is entitled to touch a few kids when he wants.

The 'Look at the man' implies that he is 'great' and has a lot of positive attributes.....but then you also say because of these positive attributes he is entitled to have a negative one in his arrogance.

I suppose it is quite like 'Old Jimmy' really....because he did a lot of charity work for youngster, he is entitled to touch a few kids when he wants.

I meant his physical appearance

In some instances it really is that clear cut: men on the posts means there's less chance of conceding therefore you put men on the posts.

Pretty sure I once read somewhere that someone had done some proper research into this and found that teams who put players on the posts concede more goals from corners than those that don't. But it could also have been the other way around. I can't remember.

Yeah, celebrating scoring a goal and being a child rapist. Uncanny similarities.

Pretty sure I once read somewhere that someone had done some proper research into this and found that teams who put players on the posts concede more goals from corners than those that don't. But it could also have been the other way around. I can't remember.

Would be surprising if true... because mostly headers are scored from a corner and they go in to either the far right or left of the goal. Putting a man there stops that possibility... and greatly reduces the possibilities for a player to put the ball to score...

Exacltly, I can only think it's jealousy at best, bitterness at worst. He's carried his team there so far, anyone that doesn't accept that he's been the best player for well over a year now has to be embarrassed. Has to mean the world to him.

Archived