Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterlad96

Derby capital one cup- details & prices

Guest MattP

Some of you knobs have got a shock coming if we ever reach the Prem. Pay up or shut up or go watch Hinckley.

Yes because I think Premiership matches and Tuesday night League Cup matches should be priced the same. :rolleyes:

Some of you knobs have got a shock coming if we ever reach the Prem. Pay up or shut up or go watch Hinckley.

Well this knob here is a STH, passionate, optimistic and loyal since the late 60s. I pay for mine and my sons ST aswell as helping him financially through Uni, also pay for us to go as many away games as poss, tomorrow being our 1st this season! Now I personally feel this ticketing price for a 3rd round league cup game is wrong and no incentive to me as I would rather spend on an away league game or more attractive later round tie.  MY choice is to vote with my feet on this one . I could do without your billy big bollox, go support someone else, better fan sh*t.

i see there is no benefit to being a season ticket holder for this game so it seems the club are breaking their guarantee as posted on http://www.lcfc.com/tickets/season-tickets/season_ticket_benefits.aspx

CUP RUN…
As a Season Ticket Holder, we will guarantee to provide Season Ticket Holders with the best possible prices for cup fixtures. 

Personally speaking £15 a ticket for a local derby is reasonably cheap. If I remember correctly when we played Forest in 2007 for a second round match tickets were £10 roughly. Given we are 6 years on and a round later, I do not see the problem. In the grand scheme of things £15 is what some people spend on a round of drinks on a Saturday night and yet there is talk of this not being value for money? Forgive me, but I'd rather spend my £15 on watching my football team and see them progress.

i see there is no benefit to being a season ticket holder for this game so it seems the club are breaking their guarantee as posted on http://www.lcfc.com/tickets/season-tickets/season_ticket_benefits.aspx

CUP RUN…
As a Season Ticket Holder, we will guarantee to provide Season Ticket Holders with the best possible prices for cup fixtures. 

Yep that's why I'm voting with my feet!

They are terrible prices. As a STH there's absolutely no incentive to leave work early, rush to get back to Leicester in order to pay £20 to watch the game - it's hard enough doing that for midweek league games let alone a pretty meaningless League Cup match. Can't imagine there'll be many Derby fans making the journey either. 

As I have said on other threads, why do we always forget that Leicester City football club is a business.

They have years and years of data about prices and attendance. They well have a formula that maximises gate revenue. They will consider other revenue streams, food etc, in the formula.

They are not loyal to fans, they are loyal to profit.

This is good for the fans in the long run as we will be stable, able to afford higher player wages, continue to invest in player development etc.

Also, the owners wouldn't have say in individual match pricing. As Chairman of the board they'd approve the policy that sets the formula and focus on revenue, but they are not sitting around making day to day decisions. They have a CEO, who manages people, who make those decisions.

I imagine that you sort it with your mate so he pays half of yours? Half price each, better than nothing.

1) that's not a benefit from the club.

2) What my mate pays 1/2 of my Season ticket or we have to work out the price of the match and he pay me 1/2 of what I paid months ago?

Behave.

This.

Those prices are an absolute joke, especially for season ticket holders (no disrespect to non ST holders)

They haven't discounted it for STH because the rules of the competition stipulate that the club have to make up the difference for any discounted tickets sold. Therefore if they shift 10k ST seats (which is not even 2/3 of our total STHs) each with a £5 discount on they have to add £50k to make up the gross match receipts.

They haven't discounted it for STH because the rules of the competition stipulate that the club have to make up the difference for any discounted tickets sold. Therefore if they shift 10k ST seats (which is not even 2/3 of our total STHs) each with a £5 discount on they have to add £50k to make up the gross match receipts.

Which makes me think their general communication is poor, they seem quite happy to take the time and effort to communicate anything that might bring in a few £££s but general information on why things are the way they are is scant to say the least.

Think of the goodwill they could create by simply explaining these things I'm sure they must employ people at vast expense with the appropriate marketing skills to enable them to do so rather than rely on the likes of yourself, although it is much appreciated to do their job for them.

1) that's not a benefit from the club.

2) What my mate pays 1/2 of my Season ticket or we have to work out the price of the match and he pay me 1/2 of what I paid months ago?

Behave.

In this hypothetical situation, you buy a ticket for £15, get one free for a mate, then he'd pay you £7.50 or whatever for his ticket. £7.50 each. Fairly beneficial in my eyes...

Archived