Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Hammond Signs

Nice to see we have another striker. Not sure how good he is but it does give options to CL.

I have a feeling that it might be a signing like Blake! Just play a few games nd come off the bench etc. But we will have to wait and see.

I'm all shook up.....

Elvis has just entered the building!

150388[/snapback]

"It is no secret - what God can do," and I reckon we'll really reckon that Craig Levein can walk on water if he turns this lad into a potent striker.

As far as I can see he never scores. That's not to say he won't because Levein has obviously seen gold at the bottom of his pan somewhere and who's to say he's wrong.

I hope it works but he's a braver man than me.

When it comes to striker's I'd go for proven statistics every time.

I noticed he's already doing interviews, come on Elvis,  a little less conversation a little more action please!

150393[/snapback]

Oh please dont , ive just had Craig making wise cracks about his transfer one being

Craig..:://::. z Vicky.:://::.Elvis Has Entered The Building!.:://::.BORED.::// says:

i wonder if he's staying in leicester

::. Craig..:://::. z Vicky.:://::.Elvis Has Entered The Building!.:://::.BORED.::// says:

maybe at heartbreak hotel

:rolleyes:;)lol

:ermm: thing is he has only scored one goal in his entire career

150418[/snapback]

What with MDV's record at City and Hammond's record in the first team at Fulham I'd hate em both to misfire this season but "The Unlikely Lads" should serve as a nickname that would give em legendary status if they happen to gel. Here's hoping and the best of luck to both.

To be fair if this lad had played 150 games and scored about 20 goals then i'd be worried. The fact is, he's been conned in to staying at Fulham for a number of years without fruition just like Partridge did with Liverpool. These teams want to keep young back-up players to fill the reserve teams and so they don't have to buy someone else, but the fact is the players rarely get a look in for the first team.

He's hardly played any football and it would be unfair to question his record so far as they have mostly been sub appareances. Let's see what happens if he's given a run of games, he got alot of goals for their reserves.

I also think Levein has gone on record as saying he doesn't know much about the English leagues so I can only presume this is a Rob Kelly recommendation, and maybe this guy is similar to Paddy in the way he has a lot of potential but just needs a decent run of games to bring out the best in him. Put it this way we've not got much to lose as it's only a loan deal and I can't see him being on too much brass...

Worth a go, its a loan deal and Marcus Bent hadn't really been a prolific goalscorer before he came to us and he's been one of the best strikers of my time following City, Elvis has my full backing I just hope he can cut it on the pitch.

Cheers for that.

He spoke like there was a job offer at the job centre, and came to the training ground, boots in-hand :D

To be fair tho, hes only a trialist, and he seems to be `had enough` of that, so maybe he`ll be working damn hard to get in the team and stay there. If he does that, we`ll all be happy.

"Craig Levein finally netted a striker today, with Fulham fringe player Elvis Hammond signing on loan for the rest of 2005. He has never scored a senior goal in his five years since signing as a trainee for Fulham. Neither did he net on his loan spells at Bristol Rovers and Noriwch"

found that on one of the websites. doesnt sound to promising - although i am pleased we have signed a striker, u never know...

Cheers for that.

He spoke like there was a job offer at the job centre, and came to the training ground, boots in-hand :D

To be fair tho, hes only a trialist, and he seems to be `had enough` of that, so maybe he`ll be working damn hard to get in the team and stay there. If he does that, we`ll all be happy.

150537[/snapback]

lol I loved the bit where he forgot where he had played..he was like" errrrm yea, i've been on loan to loads of clubs init, like Norwich annnnnnnnnnd errrrrrrrrrrm annnnnnnd errrrrrrrrrrrrrm errrrrrrrrrrrm Bristol lollol

The way I look at it is we already have our strike force and we havent the money to bring in someone to replace deep freeze therefore having this guy on loan is a win win situation, if he's shit we havent lost to much money and he can go back in December, if he's mint we can look to sign him and we will have some decent back up, we could have signed Lovell for £200k and he could have been shite and hardly played as Connolly and MDV are first choice anyway!

So lets get behind the guy and give him and his gold tooth a chance!!

I am not slating him at all as I have never seen him play. BUT if Craig Levein had no option but to dip into the loan market, could he not have signed someone more prolific such as Neil Mellor, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, or any other Premiership striker found playing for the Reserves?

I am not slating him at all as I have never seen him play. BUT if Craig Levein had no option but to dip into the loan market, could he not have signed someone more prolific such as Neil Mellor, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, or any other Premiership striker found playing for the Reserves?

150719[/snapback]

Neil Mellor was poor for West Ham on loan, Pongolles had some first team involvement and with Morientes looking shit he'll be even further up the pecking order. I think Hammond was about the best we could have hoped for bearing in mind where we finished last season.

I think it's a wise move by Levein. We needed somebody with pace if/when Connolly gets injured and I think Hammond fits the bill. He has a lot to prove as his career is in neutral and I hope he takes this opportunity and shows the potential he has.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play soon.

Levein wants young players who are hungry and have something to prove...Elvis fits the bill. Besides if he's useful just imagine the fun we'll have with a centre forward called Elvis....cue wigs and dodgy white suit....huh huh! :)

Archived