Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vlad the Fox

Student seats

Susan Whelan is a twat. I spoke to Jim in the summer about student season tickets and why they were taken away. Apparently, in the last season that student season tickets were on offer only 200 or so students took up the offer so LCFC pulled the plug on that despite going to DMU and Leicester Uni freshers, etc advertising very cheap tickets. 

Now a DMU student could potentially watch the rest of the season for only £100 whereas the daft c*nt I am paid £314 and I'm Leicester born and bred.

One rule for some and another for others. Sort it out LCFC, offer it to everyone or nobody at all.

It's a truly bizarre one. I'm all for cheaper tickets but it's a joke how it's people AT Leicester uni, rather than Leicester people at other unis.

It's more than just DMU though. My sister at South Leicestershire College can get people tickets for a fiver. My driving instructor had one v Wigan and he's having another tomorrow lol

I hear what you're saying. So why are people moaning about being from other unis and not getting them cheaper? If all you have to do is go to said places to pick them up? Or am I still not getting it?

I suppose it's fans who are students who have already paid for season tickets at a much greater cost (especially at the income level) are now seeing people in the same grouping possibly getting to every game for £5 each time.

I hear what you're saying. So why are people moaning about being from other unis and not getting them cheaper? If all you have to do is go to said places to pick them up? Or am I still not getting it?

No one has tried to go from another uni yet and buy for example from DMU. It could either work and they sell you one or they turn round and say it's only for DMU students.

Annoyed with this, forked out a leg and an arm for my season ticket and I'm a student, turns out I could have saved £300+ quid...

EDIT: I'm at Trent uni, does that mean that this offer doesn't apply to me because I'm not a student in Leicester? That's even more silly.

Hmm interesting. I am a pseudo student so am entitled to an nus card. Have got an ST now though. Might have to keep a close eye on how others get on with this. Tbh I won't be ars*d going there before every fixture but if I could bulk buy then I'm in.

No one has tried to go from another uni yet and buy for example from DMU. It could either work and they sell you one or they turn round and say it's only for DMU students.

Isnt that discrimination? Bit like someone from outside the county being charged more. Now, change 'county' to 'country', and we have a problem. I can see the marketing blurb now. "Calling all white english people, come and watch city for a fiver". Or am I wrong?

Susan Whelan is a twat. I spoke to Jim in the summer about student season tickets and why they were taken away. Apparently, in the last season that student season tickets were on offer only 200 or so students took up the offer so LCFC pulled the plug on that despite going to DMU and Leicester Uni freshers, etc advertising very cheap tickets. 

Now a DMU student could potentially watch the rest of the season for only £100 whereas the daft c*nt I am paid £314 and I'm Leicester born and bred.

One rule for some and another for others. Sort it out LCFC, offer it to everyone or nobody at all.

I was one of those 200-odd to take up that offer and the increase in my season ticket now that I'm paying full whack is eye-watering. 

As you say it can't be right for a DMU student to potentially watch the whole season for £100, and therefore undermining the point of a season ticket. 

On a side note, when I was at uni in Birmingham I took advantage of a couple of offers to go and watch Villa for £15/£20 and got to watch some of their European and Premiership games. 

How funny the huge number of people moaning about fringe players putting in no effort and taking huge wages from the club and the club saving money by taking on free workers, but as soon as a scam to get cheap seats is spotted they're all over it?

hillarious

How about we leave the £5 tickets to the real students and not bankrupt the club yeah?

How funny the huge number of people moaning about fringe players putting in no effort and taking huge wages from the club and the club saving money by taking on free workers, but as soon as a scam to get cheap seats is spotted they're all over it?

hillarious

How about we leave the £5 tickets to the real students and not bankrupt the club yeah?

'bankrupt the club' lol

Yeh we survived the spending spree under Sven but a very small minority paying a reasonable price instead of an extortionate one is going to ruin us. I'm sure £25 of my money every other week would pay for Neil Danns' wages.

How about if I said; you can either have my fiver or I'll not turn up at all and you can have diddly squat? In an ideal world 20,000 people would do this.

And maybe then the club would spend money more wisely and we wouldn't be in so much debt.

'bankrupt the club' lol

Yeh we survived the spending spree under Sven but a very small minority paying a reasonable price instead of an extortionate one is going to ruin us. I'm sure £25 of my money every other week would pay for Neil Danns' wages.

How about if I said; you can either have my fiver or I'll not turn up at all and you can have diddly squat? In an ideal world 20,000 people would do this.

And maybe then the club would spend money more wisely and we wouldn't be in so much debt.

The scale doesnt matter. Stealing a pound of someone isnt any less wrong than stealing a million. :trumpet:

Archived