Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vlad the Fox

Student seats

Not sure if this has been posted but I know that a lot of students were pissed off about a lack of discount for students regarding season tickets in the summer. However the other half came back from Uni yesterday with a leaflet advertising £5 for any home championship match, tickets to be purchased from the 1st floor of the Demontfort students union.

I should imagine that you aren't getting a choice of were you sit and it's 1 ticket per nus card. I'll try and photograph the leaflet and post it.

You can move and sit where you want anyway, I wandered from the West Stand to N block the other week.

If this is the case I'm getting an iffy NUS card next week.

All to do with this!

dmu-4-3-lc6062-006280-1076140_478x359.jp

Susan Whelan and Dominic Shellard

Image by: Plumb Images
De Montfort University (DMU) has signed an exciting partnership deal with Leicester City Football Club (LCFC) which is set to bring significant benefits to students.

These will include work placement opportunities at the club, ticket offers, professional coaching and a headline friendly between the DMU football team and a Leicester City XI.

The deal was signed by De Montfort University Vice-Chancellor Professor Dominic Shellard and Leicester City Chief Executive Susan Whelan at King Power Stadium, before the third round Capital One Cup match against local rivals Derby County last night.

Working with one of the UK’s leading football clubs, one which is already making strides this season both on the pitch and behind the scenes with its worldwide business operations, is part of DMU’s drive to give students an unrivalled experience during their time at university.

This will include unique work experience opportunities with LCFC, further boosting students’ employability and giving them a head start when entering the graduate job market.

Highlights of the partnership agreement are:

- Work placements for DMU students across all areas of Leicester City’s operations

- Ticket offers for students and staff to each Leicester City home game

- LCFC coaching sessions for the DMU football teams, including a training session with a Leicester City legend

- A DMU students v Leicester City XI game to be played as a warm-up before DMU take on Leicester University in the annual Varsity game

- An opportunity for DMU to further build on its links with Thailand through Leicester City’s owners King Power, enhancing DMU’s reputation for being a truly international university

- A collaboration, between De Montfort University’s world-renowned International Centre for Sports History and Culture and Leicester City, to run a football lecture marking 125 years of the Football League 

dmu2-480-lc6062-005280-1076149.jpg

DMU’s logo has now taken pride of place outside of King Power Stadium.

Professor Shellard, who announced the deal with Ms Whelan, said:  â€œI cannot stress enough how pleased DMU is to be working in such close partnership with Leicester City.  Both the club and the university offer support to the Leicester community and do much to promote the city worldwide, so it makes perfect sense for us to work together and go on to achieve much more.

“What pleases me most is how Leicester City is working with us to further enhance the student experience.

“Our students will be able to gain vital work experience at Leicester City to make them more employable, our sports teams will have an unbelievable opportunity to be coached by City staff and both students and staff will be getting behind the team at every home game this season, hopefully cheering them on to a place in the Premier League.

“It is a brilliant partnership and we look forward to working closely with City for the rest of what we hope will be a successful season for the fans and the club.”

Leicester City’s Chief Executive Officer, Susan Whelan, said: “It is our great honour to be working with DMU, one of Leicester’s leading educational establishments, on a partnership that will have great benefits for both organisations.

“Strengthening Leicester City’s place at the heart of the Leicestershire community remains one of our Football Club’s major long-term objectives and working with DMU, we have an opportunity to help develop part of the city’s future.

“In addition to providing excellent opportunities for young people to further their experience in a working environment, we have some exciting initiatives planned to engage with DMU students more broadly and encourage them to become part of the LCFC family.

“Under the agreement, De Montfort will also offer academic ‘sampler’ courses for players and they will assist with intensive English language courses for overseas players. We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship together.”

dmu-3-480-lc6062-001280-1076150.jpg

Many students and staff attended the game including DMU’s men and women’s football chairs Nathan Studholme and Helena Mubiru.

Nathan said: “It really is a once in a lifetime opportunity for DMU students to get involved with the club. Potential students who look towards DMU for sporting opportunities expect a great standard of football. With this partnership they will get it and I can see people wanting to come to DMU because of it.”

Helena said: “This partnership with Leicester City is going to be great for us and DMU. It is going to do so much to raise the profile of women’s football at the university.”

The new partnership builds on De Montfort University’s existing work with Leicester City.

Earlier this year, the university signed a letter of co-operation which included aims of helping celebrate the heritage of Leicester City Football Club with the help of DMU’s International Centre for Sports History and Culture (ICSHC).

DMU is also looking at developing a Leicester City heritage trail centred on the Square Mile - a university project which works to help people working and living within a square mile of Leicester. The Square Mile includes the Fosse Road area - where City, who began life as Leicester Fosse, were founded and played some of their first games.

Dr Neil Carter, of the ICSHC - which jointly runs the world-leading FIFA degree in sports management - is writing a regular column in City’s award-winning ’CITY’ Matchday Magazine all about football heritage. 

De Montfort University has now signed partnerships with all of Leicester’s leading professional sporting clubs to the benefit of students and staff. DMU has partnerships with Leicester City, Leicester Tigers, Leicestershire County Cricket Club and the Leicester Riders, who play their matches at DMU’s John Sandford Centre.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/250913-dmu-signs-exciting-lcfc-partnership-1076165.aspx#5ZO050X7uADOQQJY.99

For students!!!

Getting an NUS card is a piece of piss, I got one about three years after I left and there are loads of sites you can get them off, the club won't be checking I can assure you. They can't even get memberships up in time for season start or players numbers on the website so they won't be cross referencing this.

Susan Whelan is a twat. I spoke to Jim in the summer about student season tickets and why they were taken away. Apparently, in the last season that student season tickets were on offer only 200 or so students took up the offer so LCFC pulled the plug on that despite going to DMU and Leicester Uni freshers, etc advertising very cheap tickets. 

Now a DMU student could potentially watch the rest of the season for only £100 whereas the daft c*nt I am paid £314 and I'm Leicester born and bred.

One rule for some and another for others. Sort it out LCFC, offer it to everyone or nobody at all.

The club are wankers, in particular Susan Whelan. I spoke to Jim in the summer about student season tickets and why they were taken away. Apparently, in the last season that student season tickets were on offer only 200 or so students took up the offer so LCFC pulled the plug on that despite going to DMU and Leicester Uni freshers, etc advertising very cheap tickets. 

Now a DMU student could potentially watch the rest of the season for only £100 whereas the daft c*nt I am paid £314 and I'm Leicester born and bred.

One rule for some and another for others. Sort it out LCFC, offer it to everyone or nobody at all.

Pretty much sums up everything the club is about on the inside from what we see on the outside. Slow, out of touch, incompetent and seem to have no care or consideration for their loyal fan base.

Season Ticket holders are forced to pay £15 to watch Derby in the Carling Cup on a Tuesday night but a student from Nottingham can grab a seat in the Leicester end V Forest for a fiver for a Championship game on Saturday.

You couldn't make it up.

They used to take the piss with Student season tickets as well, I remember taking in my NUS card to prove I was a student but that wasn't good enough and they wanted a formal sealed letter that was stamped from the University to prove I was in full time education. Seems if they get a decent wad from DMU then they don't give a shit and you get it for £5 now.

What about a student like me Who for the past 2 years has still continued to buy a season ticket at the new price of about £260 from the student price of about £140?

And I travel down from stoke every time.

Exactly, I go to Loughborough Uni and have a season ticket yet some ****** who probably support Man Utd or Chelsea can go to every game for a fiver. Pricks.

Can see a lot of student sths being rightly pissed off about this, having stumped up potentially three times more for the same amount of games.

It is a good idea in principle, but it isn't fair on those who have bought season tickets at up to three times the price.

Is it possible to return a season ticket? I guess it isn't, but it might be worth a try. Or you could always try selling your season ticket to someone else, or sell the tickets on a game by game basis.

Yes you can return it and get refunded for the remaining games. Tempting in a way as I don't even have to show my ST to get into l block now. They recognise your face and (rightly) in my case assume you're still a STH.

Yes you can return it and get refunded for the remaining games. Tempting in a way as I don't even have to show my ST to get into l block now. They recognise your face and (rightly) in my case assume you're still a STH.

Ah that's fair enough then. Can't really have any complaints about the new deal if you're able to get a refund on your full price ST.

Why are we so negative about the offer? Surely it's a good thing, yeah I am a bit sad that they didn't do it while I was a student there but if it means more faces down the city then I am all for it. Getting the stadium full should be a priority and although I understand some people will feel hard done by and it's only another student benefit for the work shy if it brings more atmosphere (Hopefully a noise making demographic) cheaper tickets could filter out to the rest of the support because of the positive impact it could have (other sales programmes and food etc). Maybe I am a bit too positive... :ph34r:

It's pretty obvious why there is such negativity about this offer.

There was no reason to scrap the student season ticket. Then to scrap it because of little demand (shit excuse) and bring in an offer for one uni?

So all students like me who have spent £265 on a season ticket and spend hundreds more in travelling to the ground all season miss out

Archived