Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

GTF -struggles players outside the Premier League face

His career average wage is probably like £60k a year, bollocks you can save up for an entire lifetime on that money.

Probably slightly more than that, £100k+ is more likely. Think I remember reading that footballer's are taxed more though, 50% I think it was. Which makes it even less.

Still, that sort of money for kicking a ball around is nothing to be sniffed at, but it's not likely enough to last a lifetime.

Football is his job, it's what he does to pay the bills.

Granted it pays well but anyone who has been out of work will sympathize with his comments.

He says he's had 6 full weeks training, i guess he just carries some timber. Looks decent around the box and will play a bit part of the course of the season.

I see he wanted an 1 year extension clause based on appearances and got it from us, if he is shit then he'll be dropped / loaned out to avoid triggering that.

I see he wanted an 1 year extension clause based on appearances and got it from us, if he is shit then he'll be dropped / loaned out to avoid triggering that.

True enough, but I wonder if that deal includes appearances off the bench.

He may or may not end up getting a decent run in the first 11. I certainly wouldn't rule it out - we're not that over-endowed with striking options and he's looked decent so far, and will presumably get better once he's been here a bit longer.

I can certainly see him getting a lot of sub appearances, though, even if he doesn't force his way into the starting 11.

Personally, I'm delighted at the 3 experienced signings that the club has made in the last 2-3 weeks - I can see Hammond, GTF and Wasyl all proving to be very good business.

I've read the article but not read the posts on here so sorry if I repeat what others say.

It's nice (not for him/others in the same position) but us as fans to remember players aren't always multi millionaires. Regardless of previous money GTF and others have earnt its nice to hear that they sometimes struggle/worry about where their next pay cheque is coming from (just how probably 90% of football fans worry)

Sure they could sell their assets and live in a house similar to mine and still live like kings but i just find it reassuring to hear. We all live by our means and footballers are no different. Players like GTF should be able to appreciate fans that much more when they find themselves in a position like that.

Probably slightly more than that, £100k+ is more likely. Think I remember reading that footballer's are taxed more though, 50% I think it was. Which makes it even less.

Still, that sort of money for kicking a ball around is nothing to be sniffed at, but it's not likely enough to last a lifetime.

nope footballers are taxed the same as everyone else 

say for example a footballer gets £100,000 a year 

the first £9,440 is tax exempt

the £9,440 to £41,450 portion is charged at 20% tax

and the £41,451 to £100,000 portion is charged at 40% tax

so total tax on £100,000 is a total of £29,822 then if you include national insurance deductions of £5,214.40

leaves you a sum of £64,963.60 take home pay

Footbalers aren't taxed at a different level to anyone else.

I very much doubt he's averaged 100k a year but even if he has don't forget he'll have spent a fair portion of that 'living the life style'.

The vast majority of players earning 8k a week or less will need to work when they quit the sport, nobody can save enough money that they could support themselves on it for the next 60 years, how would you fill your time without spending money?

Archived