Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

GTF -struggles players outside the Premier League face

Guest MattP

Hard life. Feel sorry for him.

If no one will continue to pay him for kicking a ball around he'll have to go and get a job at Tescos stacking shelves like millions of others do.

Hope he realises it's a long life and he's put some money away.

Don't like that article... Makes him sound like it's all about the money and he wants to be in charge in all circumstances.

I'm happy for players to earn their money by putting in performances that justify it... Uncomfortable with players just picking up a wage expecting to be paid well.

I wonder what NP makes of this bit....

"I want to be a manager. I know a lot of players who have been at clubs that sacked their managers and have had the chance of taking over".

I did hear that Sven was only offered the job after Sousa's sacking because Kermo had already turned it down.

I wish footballers would be a bit more honest about money, it seems such a taboo that any player would solely be in football to earn as much money as possible. I don't see the problem with it. I see the problem with management if they give a certain player a lot of money and then cannot get that player to show their worth. It's all bollocks that the best footballers are the ones who do it for the love of the game and aren't bothered if they earn £10,000 a week or £20,000.

Take Gallagher for example, he's villified by a lot of our fans because he seems fairly happy to collect his large wage and he's somehow conned us. Although i've serious doubts over the way he plays football and how inept he's been at times, for 3 seasons he was a valued first team player and for the most part did very well. Since then he's been a peripheral figure but that's not solely down to attitude and him being more interested in not playing but still getting all his money. I'm sure he'd rather be playing, any initial pleasure of being out of the limelight and the pressure of performing in front of thousands being removed it can't be good for a players self worth. It doesn't matter what job you do and what you get paid, eventually if you're just collecting your salary but don't feel valued or have a contribution to make then it eats away at you.

Therefore I have no problem with footballers trying to get as much dough as possible, if the going rate is high then you go for it. Us fans pay scandalous amounts to follow our team and we're just as much to blame for doing so.

I wish footballers would be a bit more honest about money, it seems such a taboo that any player would solely be in football to earn as much money as possible. I don't see the problem with it. I see the problem with management if they give a certain player a lot of money and then cannot get that player to show their worth. It's all bollocks that the best footballers are the ones who do it for the love of the game and aren't bothered if they earn £10,000 a week or £20,000.

Take Gallagher for example, he's villified by a lot of our fans because he seems fairly happy to collect his large wage and he's somehow conned us. Although i've serious doubts over the way he plays football and how inept he's been at times, for 3 seasons he was a valued first team player and for the most part did very well. Since then he's been a peripheral figure but that's not solely down to attitude and him being more interested in not playing but still getting all his money. I'm sure he'd rather be playing, any initial pleasure of being out of the limelight and the pressure of performing in front of thousands being removed it can't be good for a players self worth. It doesn't matter what job you do and what you get paid, eventually if you're just collecting your salary but don't feel valued or have a contribution to make then it eats away at you.

Therefore I have no problem with footballers trying to get as much dough as possible, if the going rate is high then you go for it. Us fans pay scandalous amounts to follow our team and we're just as much to blame for doing so.

Fantastic post, people complain when players say things like "I'm looking forward to play for this club because of its fantastic history and the fans, I feel honoured to play for such a massive club". I'd much rather players be honest about the money especially when it's blindingly obvious why they moved to a club like Chelsea or Man City.

I've got no problem with Gallagher milking it for the remainder of his contract but what most fans don't like his how he comes out with bullshit like "I have nothing to prove to anyone, people know what kind of player I am and what I've achieved in my career."

What has he ever done in his professional career? 

It's not like he's Lionel ****ing Messi and he's won a shed load of individuals awards as well as Domestic and European cups. Gallagher has won sweet FA in his career and if anyone has "delusions of grandeur" it is most certainly him. If you compared his job to a normal persons job and put it in those terms he's achieved nothing. 

I did hear that Sven was only offered the job after Sousa's sacking because Kermo had already turned it down.

I can't imagine the owners were willing to give millions to spend to someone who hadn't managed at any level.

They had that covered. Kermo was going to be 1st team coach, but with Martin Allen coming back in as Director of Football.

Guest MattP

I can't imagine the owners were willing to give millions to spend to someone who hadn't managed at any level.

Ermmmmm.....

:unsure:

Archived