Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Are we actually 'Rich' ?

Quite a few seem to think we have 'No budget' The rest say we do,

Are we actually a club with money to spend if needed, I think we have generous owners who if we got promoted would inject a lot of the promotion money back into the club,

the company that the owners have is doing very well at present, 

but the question I ask you all, 

Are we a 'Rich' club, and do we have that financial stability needed?

Nope.

Unless you have a ground like the Emirates/Old Trafford and can fill it or have a Worldwide fanbase to bring in huge sponsorship no football club is rich now.

And the answer is not now

We couldnt of been in the first place then! 

we only spent around 15m in our spree! (Alot of wages agreed) but the hype was that we were financially secure forever and had a very rich club, doesnt seem so nowadays! 

If we are blown out after 2-3 seasons what does it say!

Nope.

Unless you have a ground like the Emirates/Old Trafford and can fill it or have a Worldwide fanbase to bring in huge sponsorship no football club is rich now.

No but we have a clothing brand  :scarf:

I am not even going to debate figures with you as it would be pointless, but u will say most reckon on a figure of 70 to 100 million has been spent on the club by the Thais and you say 15

Might want to read my post again my friend. 

'£15m in our spree'

so yes, discussing figures when you have not read the post properly is pointless. 

P.s £45m of our debts have been made BY THE OWNERS. £78m losses since 2005, 48 of which in the last 2 years.. we all know why.

'£15m in our spree'

so yes, discussing figures when you have not read the post properly is pointless. 

P.s £45m of our debts have been made BY THE OWNERS. £78m losses since 2005, £48m of which in the last 2 years.. we all know why.

Technically the club is now part of the ownership of King Power holdings group which is worth a great deal although the club itself never mades money and certainly isn't rich usually loses a great deal each financial year.

We're richer than we've ever been before by an absolute country mile, and I reckon we're rich by championship standards. But by premiership standards, probably just mid-ranking, and in terms of the global elite we're probably quite a way off.

But it all means nothing if we can't spend the money. I reckon if we did get to the prem they'd be plenty of money available. Pearson probably wouldn't spend half of what he could.

'£15m in our spree'

P.s £45m of our debts have been made BY THE OWNERS. £78m losses since 2005, 48 of which in the last 2 years.. we all know why.

ffs

We must be financially stable or the departure of others big earners like Konch and the sale of Kasper may have been pushed through quicker. I would also say we have money to spend but feel NP is saving it either for January or next year, whatever league we are in. I do not think we are rich like QPR, who iccidently couldnt give on about FFP but we certainly have deeper pockets than 60-70% of championship teams.

I think the Thai owners have invested wisely so far (under NP's tenure) on and off the pitch with the academy etc. Can't see them spending huge sums again in the championships - which is a sign they learnt from Sven's era - but agree with other posters on money being spent if we went up.

We must be financially stable or the departure of others big earners like Konch and the sale of Kasper may have been pushed through quicker. I would also say we have money to spend but feel NP is saving it either for January or next year, whatever league we are in. I do not think we are rich like QPR, who iccidently couldnt give on about FFP but we certainly have deeper pockets than 60-70% of championship teams.

I think the Thai owners have invested wisely so far (under NP's tenure) on and off the pitch with the academy etc. Can't see them spending huge sums again in the championships - which is a sign they learnt from Sven's era - but agree with other posters on money being spent if we went up.

If we are in the championship, Somebody else will be spending it I should think! 

Archived