Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzycomeback

Qpr away

We were never offered it

Do you know this for certain? 

Sheffield Wednesday got the whole stand opening day of the season if I remember correctly.

It's QPR's prerogative only to offer the upper tier and if that's the case with no explanation then LCFC can't be blamed. 

However, I find it unlikely that it wasn't up for grabs considering that the lower end is being flogged on the cheap to ST holders and there's an offer on Groupon.  The alternative situation for QPR was 700 LCFC fans paying £25 each rather than the £10-15 being spent by casual QPR supporters.  

My guess is that LCFC were being tight and didn't want to risk having to pay for any unbought seats in the lower or upper tier. 

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/events/gl-qpr-fc-1/30449174

They are doing a Groupon offer for this game, in the home end £15 probably have to live in London to get it as they will suspect a Leicester address.

Yep, saw this and was tempted (having a London address) but I don't want to sit in with the QPR fans. Quite sad really as I am unlikely to get a ticket as for obvious geographical reasons I am not a season ticket holder and have to rely on it making Members (which looks very unlikely). I look for all the London games at the start of the season and then pick up a smattering of home games when I am back in Leicester - not so often these days.  :(

Do you know this for certain? 

Sheffield Wednesday got the whole stand opening day of the season if I remember correctly.

It's QPR's prerogative only to offer the upper tier and if that's the case with no explanation then LCFC can't be blamed. 

However, I find it unlikely that it wasn't up for grabs considering that the lower end is being flogged on the cheap to ST holders and there's an offer on Groupon.  The alternative situation for QPR was 700 LCFC fans paying £25 each rather than the £10-15 being spent by casual QPR supporters.  

My guess is that LCFC were being tight and didn't want to risk having to pay for any unbought seats in the lower or upper tier.

I guess they decided given the potential magnitude of the game they'd rather have qpr day trippers getting behind their side rather than a full away end.

Away tickets are only made available on a sale or return basis so you guessed wrong. We weren't offered the lower tier.

I stand corrected, I always thought the away team assumed the risk of unsold seats.

Year of the fox probably correct then, shame as the atmosphere was great last time.

Never been but youre right by all acciunts.

Anyone with local knowledge know of any car parks etc close to the ground?

The Westfield shopping centre, about 5-10 minutes walk from the ground, has its own underground car park which will have plentiful spaces, albeit at a price. As far as street spots go, I'd say the best bet is the maze of residential roads on the other side of the main road (Uxbridge Road) to the ground.

My dad's missus is the headmistress of a primary school about 15 mins walk from the ground, maybe I should put a word in about free parking for LCFC fans.  :thumbup:

I've just booked Ausden Clark coach tickets online, how do I find out which coach I'm on, will they email me? Also, what time are the coaches leaving as they haven't told me that either!

They tell you when they're there. Only ever been 2 max when I've gone

found out i was +4 yesturday so got tickets for this now, cant wait

I rang up today thinking that I was +4, turned out they forgot to add the points from my last couple of games so I am now +6. Looking forward to this one as it will be local for me though!

I've just booked Ausden Clark coach tickets online, how do I find out which coach I'm on, will they email me? Also, what time are the coaches leaving as they haven't told me that either!

It's normally first come, first served if there 's more than one coach. They normally email mid week before the game to confirm although they didn't 't email me for the Brighton game.

Pretty sure it's 7:00 for 7:30 for the QPR game

Archived