Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzycomeback

Qpr away

How are people getting to this then? its too early for a train. Think we're driving in.

Train.

Got a feeling I'm going to struggle for tickets for this though, need eight and got to wait until first season ticket day with no points. Would be fine if I just needed four.

It's a good hour from kings cross to the ground. That means you'd want to be on leaving Leicester by 10am latest. Even when we've gone on the 7am train down there for a 3pm kick off there's never enough time to get pissed.

Parking at Canons Park is a no no as its an hour from there into the centre and another hour from there to shepherd's bush, add to that the 1.5 hour drive down to canons park its just not viable. We're just gonna drive straight in.

It's a good hour from kings cross to the ground. That means you'd want to be on leaving Leicester by 10am latest. Even when we've gone on the 7am train down there for a 3pm kick off there's never enough time to get pissed.

This is why we get absolutely steaming the night before and get on it at 7am.

Parking at Canons Park is a no no as its an hour from there into the centre and another hour from there to shepherd's bush, add to that the 1.5 hour drive down to canons park its just not viable. We're just gonna drive straight in.

It's about 20 minutes from Kings Cross station to Wood lane, the circle or Hammersmith and City line. They both run on the same line so it doesn't matter.

Then a 10 minute walk to the ground.

Cheapest way for just the two way journey on the tube is to use an Oyster card, if you haven't got one I'd recommend it.

It's about 20 minutes from Kings Cross station to Wood lane, the circle or Hammersmith and City line. They both run on the same line so it doesn't matter.

Then a 10 minute walk to the ground.

Cheapest way for just the two way journey on the tube is to use an Oyster card, if you haven't got one I'd recommend it.

Yeh I've got an oyster card somewhere. We just refuse to pay 50 quid return from loughborough so close to Xmas.

Yeh I've got an oyster card somewhere. We just refuse to pay 50 quid return from loughborough so close to Xmas.

When I looked it was something like £56 and the selected cheap trains were about £24 each way.

Hardly cheap travel nowadays.

One way is to drive to Luton or St Albans area and then train it from there to St Pancras, around a tenner for an anytime return ticket.

Train.

Got a feeling I'm going to struggle for tickets for this though, need eight and got to wait until first season ticket day with no points. Would be fine if I just needed four.

just go online mate. It seems the system is shit and accepts all season tickets whatever the priority.

When I looked it was something like £56 and the selected cheap trains were about £24 each way.

Hardly cheap travel nowadays.

One way is to drive to Luton or St Albans area and then train it from there to St Pancras, around a tenner for an anytime return ticket.

Not a bad idea but driving in will probably only cost us 10 each in fuel anyway. Even driving only so far still means i cant drink. much.

wouldn't be so sure, theres plenty of P3 people managing to get them online early.

Really? Never works for me online when I put my card details in lol

Training this one, set off at 7:33 from Leicester, then get another single back to Nuneaton and back to Leicester from there, works out cheaper  than getting a return to Leicester

Really? Never works for me online when I put my card details in lol

Training this one, set off at 7:33 from Leicester, then get another single back to Nuneaton and back to Leicester from there, works out cheaper than getting a return to Leicester

I know someone who got 3 today. And they are not p2.

just chanced it after sorting our p1s.

oh and in relation to travel. 9am from leicester. 10pm back. 7hrs in london after the game. 28 quid rtn inc underground day card bargain.

This is going to sound very naive but here goes.

I often see people asking for higher priority reference numbers they can use - does the person over the phone not have alarm bells ringing when you appear to be just buying a ticket for someone else?  Or do you just add them as a 'friends and family' online? 

Staff don't seem to mind at all. Don't really question any details you give them, has to be like that though or you wouldn't be able to get a group of people going together.

I'd never give my reference number out to anyone personally, what's to stop them using it ahead of you when you really need it?

Archived