Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

When should i take my son to his first Leicester match?

Took my five year old QPR away in the 125 season! Friday night game if anyone remembers! qpr 1-0 up after a taraabt penalty for us to go on and win 2-1! Greatest away match ive personally been to and my boy loved it! Proud to call that his first game because it was brilliant haha !

I took my daughter to her first game last year when we played Burton Albion in the cup (she was 5). I foolishly told the missus this be a perfect game as there will be goals and she will experience an easy victory. how shocked i was when we lost 4-2. Everyone scared her and made her cry when we scored as she wasnt expecting everyone jumping to celebrate our 1st goal haha. When we left all the fans were silent and she shouts at the top of her voice 'daddy that was really good' fair to say we got a few angry stares lol. She did enjoy it in the end and wants to go again so will take her when it gets warmer.

ive also got my 2nd child on the way and oh how happy i was when i found out it was a boy. I will turn him into a die hard leicester fan, cant wait for the day i get him his 1st leicester kit and will prob get him his season ticket when hes either 5 or 6.

Took my five year old QPR away in the 125 season! Friday night game if anyone remembers! qpr 1-0 up after a taraabt penalty for us to go on and win 2-1! Greatest away match ive personally been to and my boy loved it! Proud to call that his first game because it was brilliant haha !

lets hope we get a repeat result in december you need to take your son again to that game hes clearly a lucky mascot

My lad has only missed midweek games since he was four weeks old. I think there is an age limit now, but I am pleased he started early.

You would think they have trouble taking it in, but I was shocked how early they realise what is going on.

There are obviously different stages of what parts they enjoy, but even at a very early age he was glued to watching the ball for the total match.

I really would say get him there as soon as possible. There is enough noise and people to ensure they take the atmosphere in at the very least. Then with little help they get used to the actual game and then the players.

I have never had a situation where he has not wanted to go, or not wanted to be there and he has been fascinated by it since his senses allowed him to absorb it.

Another good thing is, it becomes part of their life and there is absolutely no way another club would ever be a consideration.

Get your lad there, but do it on a regular basis so each time they can take in a bit more.

Best thing I have ever done, we have had some amazing times and I have loved watching him change every season hoping down the footie

Since my son was born i've been dreaming of the day that i can take him to watch Leicester with me. I remember having to miss the 1997 Cup final as my dad said "I was too young and had school the next day" i was 7 and always kind of resented him for it lol. Now my son wont even be 2 until August, and that is the youngest age allowed stated on OS. Should i take him from then or wait a couple more years so he enjoys it more. I took my step daughter last season when she was nearly 5 and she really loved it. 

I would say when you feel that he's old enough. I was 8 at the cup final and I can still remember it, Sorry lad. But whenever you feel he's old enough. I don't think things like this are defined by age but by when they're ready. The missus is 23 and she still says she's not ready to watch City play.

Get a tape measure.  As soon as his legs are long enough to be able to kick the seat in front and he has the stamina to keep it up for 90 minutes.  Also you'll need lessons in telling the person in front that politely asks if he can stop, to "f**k right off, as he ain't doing any harm"

On a slightly more serious note - in the family stand, ask the stewards to let you use the disabled toilet - it's locked by they are instructed to let you.  The urinals are too high for kids.  Nobody could have worked that out, it's the family stand, if people are going to turn up with kids well........ Also if you are a Dad with a little girl, ask to use the disabled.  I really dont think that the gents is the place..

Mine went at the age of 5.  And have been in therapy ever since.

Archived