Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Dean Hammond

I didn't really see him do much against Ipswich, he had an extremely anonymous game for me... as that's the first time I've seen him play, meaning I'm in no position to make any sort of judgement, what's the consensus on the start he's had to the season? 

He's not really had many minutes to be honest so I can't really comment either. From what I've seen he's basically just a solid midfielder with a bit more steel and an older head than Drinky, James and King. Complements the squad well

Guest CityFan 06

Looks like a very good player at this level, has that bit of bite in the midfield. Not afraid to put in a tackle too. Iv'e not seen much of him but could be a key player for us this season.

Why close the thread? The guy is giving an opinion, whether you agree or not it's worth a discussion

People have said the same thing before, so why can't I say it?

Hardly makes a good post.

Perma ban account and IP address.

Why?

Hardly a threatening post was it.

Good player and good professional to have around. You won't catch him on Twitter pretending to be one of Boyz 2 Men.

Will be vital to us at certain points in the season.

Providing valuble genuine compeition for places which should bring the best out of our other centre midfielders and some genuine class when we have injuries and suspensions in those positions.

Not to mention the experience of promotion from this division in the very recent past.

Good player and good professional to have around. You won't catch him on Twitter pretending to be one of Boyz 2 Men.

Providing valuble genuine compeition for places which should bring the best out of our other centre midfielders and some genuine class when we have injuries and suspensions in those positions.

Not to mention the experience of promotion from this division in the very recent past.

Spot on.

Exactly the sort of experienced player we could have done with last season during that awful patch.

The signings of Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Dean Hammond will prove invaluable towards the business end of the season.

I didn't really see him do much against Ipswich, he had an extremely anonymous game for me... as that's the first time I've seen him play, meaning I'm in no position to make any sort of judgement, what's the consensus on the start he's had to the season? 

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

when will people realise, if the defensive midfielder does his job you won't notice him as he's not in the team to stand out, he is there to screen the back 4, keep posession and give the ball to the creative players

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

when will people realise, if the defensive midfielder does his job you won't notice him as he's not in the team to stand out, he is there to screen the back 4, keep posession and give the ball to the creative players

Spot on, and this was exactly what he did.

Good post. I agree.

I can't agree with this. I think DM's DO stand out, if you are watching and realise their importance. Lennon, for example, was a great player to watch. The numbers of times he broke up attacks with a timely tackle was great. Anyone who knows football will watch these guys and be as impressed as they are with a striker that scores a hat-trick.

it seriously pisses me off that people think they need to charge round breaking legs still, when King is "being anonymous" its because he's been deployed as the defensive midfielder.

King, James and Hammond can all do that job pretty well, I doubt Drinkwater can but I might be wrong. however I personally think that King and James have much more to offer then that where as it is what Hammond does best, which is why a 3 man midfield is what would suit us best

I can't agree with this. I think DM's DO stand out, if you are watching and realise their importance. Lennon, for example, was a great player to watch. The numbers of times he broke up attacks with a timely tackle was great. Anyone who knows football will watch these guys and be as impressed as they are with a striker that scores a hat-trick.

I was being simplistic Col, if you know what you are looking for yes they can stand out but to the average muppet that goes they don't

it seriously pisses me off that people think they need to charge round breaking legs still, when King is "being anonymous" its because he's been deployed as the defensive midfielder.

King, James and Hammond can all do that job pretty well, I doubt Drinkwater can but I might be wrong. however I personally think that King and James have much more to offer then that where as it is what Hammond does best, which is why a 3 man midfield is what would suit us best

I was being simplistic Col, if you know what you are looking for yes they can stand out but to the average muppet that goes they don't

:thumbup:

Apologise if I'm an 'average muppet', but I do tend to notice if a defensive midfielder makes blocks, tackles, interceptions and passes, and I can't recall one for Hammond on Saturday. Obviously he did do some, but I can't remember any.

When people say King has an anonymous game, I tend to notice some of the work he does. I saw none of it from Hammond. Having not seen enough of him, I thought I'd pose the question to some who had  :)

Not at all, Makelele was the best in the business at it, was I as impressed as an Henry hatrick? far from it. A Torres hatrick is far more impressive than a john obi mikel wonder game... You do talk some garbage.

I don't think you get the whole point. He will go un-noticed because he just does the simple things well, pretty much like king does as well.

Not saying that you won't notice them at all, but people aren't going to remember someone winning the ball and knocking it off as much as they would do if Knocky was to do something special.

I don't think you get the whole point. He will go un-noticed because he just does the simple things well, pretty much like king does as well.

Not saying that you won't notice them at all, but people aren't going to remember someone winning the ball and knocking it off as much as they would do if Knocky was to do something special.

Bert! Spot on. This whole "goes missing" / "didn't do much" is such a stupid argument.

Archived