Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

Newcastle back in for Knockaert?

I think some people on here are bigging Knocky up more than he should be. He is a fantastic player and is different from anything else we have but I would say Lloyd has been far more influencial for us this season. Knocky is great and I wouldn't want to sell him but he still has alot to learn. People are saying HBA is greedy and doesn't know when to pass and shoots from stupid positions, well so does Knocky. He has developed in his time here but he can still be naive in games like giving stupid free kicks away around our box like against Derby. I love him and think he has a great future with us but the point im making is that he currently is not good enough to play regularly in Newcastle's first team and would be better developing with us and hopefully getting promoted with us!

The only worry I have with the speculation around Liam and Knocky is that it doesn't affect their performances. Last thing we need is 2 of our players losing form cos their mind is on transfer offers. Doubt it would happen though

Come on people! Do you really think that Knocky 'wouldnt go as far North as Newcastle'... of course he would if the Geordies were willing to treble his salary and give him a rather nice signing on fee! I would imagine that he might quite like the 'Frenchness' of the Newcastle squad as well.

Meh, we do not need to sell, we will not sell unless it is for ridiculous money and Knocky can easily wait until the end of the season to review his options which will most probably be better than going to Newcastle who have shown no aspiration since the days of Keegan and more often than not are in management turmoil, keep wondering how long it is before Pardew gets the bullet lol

Meh, we do not need to sell, we will not sell unless it is for ridiculous money and Knocky can easily wait until the end of the season to review his options which will most probably be better than going to Newcastle who have shown no aspiration since the days of Keegan and more often than not are in management turmoil, keep wondering how long it is before Pardew gets the bullet lol

Well they're sitting in 8th at the moment and isn't Pardew on an 8 year contract?

If they came knocking then Knocky would be mad not to jump at the chance.

Well they're sitting in 8th at the moment and isn't Pardew on an 8 year contract?

If they came knocking then Knocky would be mad not to jump at the chance.

Exactly!! Do you people still believe that players have some concept of 'loyalty'. Be real...

Anyone who believes that Knocky would not seriously consider leaving Leicester for a side 8th in the Prem, playing in front of crowds of 50k plus AND who would dramatically increase his salary are IMO deluded.

I don't think Newcastle will seriously come in for him though. They have much better options already.

Why would he be mad, Newcastle sitting in eighth is mid table form, especially since the bottom eleven is relegation fodder this season it is that tight.

Pardew getting eight years might bring him peace of mind but it means nothing, they have a bad season and he is gone, considering what happened to the previous managers he did good business to get that contract.

Knocky is young and can afford to wait for the summer to  review where he wants to be.

Why would he be mad, Newcastle sitting in eighth is mid table form, especially since the bottom eleven is relegation fodder this season it is that tight.

Pardew getting eight years might bring him peace of mind but it means nothing, they have a bad season and he is gone, considering what happened to the previous managers he did good business to get that contract.

Knocky is young and can afford to wait for the summer to  review where he wants to be.

If he could treble his salary by moving now then he'd probably go, he could get an injury that finishes his career between now and the end of the season should he wait.

Neither he or we know that we'll get promoted and if we do whether or not NFP will still be here next season.

It's unlikely that we'd be sitting in 8th next season should we get promoted.

He'd be playing in front of crowds twice our size (as Col said above 50K).

He owes us nothing, for the vast majority of players, and most importantly their agents, it really is a no-brainer.

He could also go Newcastle, hate it, sit on the bench and see his career stall, doubt he is that type of player.

We will see but I doubt he will bother with Newcastle, why you seem to think that him staying until the end of the season means he loves Leicester is beyond me :rolleyes: just makes more sense to keep his options open.

I've got to go to work now, I will leave you peeps to argue pointless stuff about where Knocky wants to go :P

He could also go Newcastle, hate it, sit on the bench and see his career stall, doubt he is that type of player.

We will see but I doubt he will bother with Newcastle, why you seem to think that him staying until the end of the season means he loves Leicester is beyond me :rolleyes: just makes more sense to keep his options open.

Does any player truly believe they'd end up on the bench?

They all have egos.

I really doubt that any club above Newcastle would seriously be interested in him, I doubt Newcastle are.

If you could at least treble your salary now why wouldn't you leave?

I hasten to add that I have no idea what he is currently on or what he could expect to get at Newcastle.

Does anyone know (or believe they know) what he's currently on?

The bit about loving Leicester wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at posters who believe his every twitter or comment that says how much he loves being with the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived