Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

Newcastle back in for Knockaert?

I believe Newcastle United will get Zaha on loan this window (over Cardiff - i know...)

Moyes would rather Zaha go in to a strong unit that win / play, rather than scrapping for survival with Cardiff.

Maybe Knocky is just an option for them on that right wing, like Zaha is. They're just looking to fill up an attacker on that side.

He's one of the players I can see winning games for mid-prem teams week in week out in the future, so I can see why they would track him.

Maybe a bit of naiveity as well, he ain't goin to know what kind of uproar it will cause.

Would be very surprised if he left this transfer window, and should we go up I'd be even more surprised.

He openly says how much he loves it here and that it's his aim to get into the prem with us.

I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't even read the tweet he retweeted. Going from his previous twittering he clicks retweet as soon as the mention notification pops up.

Also agree with above, I think he has genuine affection for LCFC now, after the shared experiences of 2012-present. Of course if it was a Man Utd or Arsenal he'd be off, but I think, well at least hope, he feels like he owes the Club enough to keep him here at least til next season, enough to turn down any tinpot approaches.

If Newcastle offered the same deal as Palace got for Zaha (£15m and a loan back) would anyone here take it?

I honestly wouldn't take that. Knocky is the one 'different' player we have in our side, i can't imagine mahrez will bring as much flair and skill as he does. Knocky is an integral part of the team, he loves the club, the fans love him-why leave??

If we have 2 wingers buy 1 in Mahrez, as was thought necessary almost unanimously on this forum, and then sell 1 in knockaert we then have the exact same problem again. Doesn't seem a logical way to go about things. Also given we haven't been linked with any other wide players (bar Stewart who has gone to Leeds anyway) I very much doubt that he will be moving on. He strikes me as loyal and has a passion for the club so I can't see him moving on.

I think newcastle will also have bigger fish to fry. They've been heavily linked with Luuk de Jong of gladbach recently - even thought he is a striker as opposed to a winger - which will take a significant chunk out of their budget. They're looking at 8-12mil for an established bundesliga striker in a European level side so I can't think that pardew will want to spend more nor will Ashley match our asking price. We don't need to sell which puts us at the advantage in any potential deal.

Ben Arfa only gets a cameo role off the bench for about 10 minutes a game as of late, and he is leaps and bounds ahead of Knocky currently so I can't see a great deal of truth behind this if I'm being honest.

Good shout but Ben Arfa must be on a bomb and can't be happy that he's not the star let alone starting where as Knocky would be a cheaper and less expectations to start.

That said,  can't see it happening

I can't see the logic in this. Newcastle don't really pay out big money, which I feel is the only way we'd allow him to leave. Look at their recent signings, Sissoko, Gouffran etc didn't cost a lot of money. I'm sure even Cabaye cost only around 4-6 million which isn't a great deal of money for a player of his quality.

Plus Knocky isn't proven at that level so it would be risky if they were to shell out around £5 million. For that kind of money they would be looking at a more proven player I think.

I don't like the idea of Knocky retweeting about him being linked with them, but maybe he was just being a little naive. He seems to be enjoying his football here, claims to love the club. If we don't go up this season then maybe he may look to leave but not now I don't think. 

Ben Arfa only gets a cameo role off the bench for about 10 minutes a game as of late, and he is leaps and bounds ahead of Knocky currently so I can't see a great deal of truth behind this if I'm being honest.

Actually I think your wrong there. Knocky has become a pretty intelligent football, who makes good decisions. Ben Arfa is the most frustrating player in history and that's why he on the bench. He has everything in his locker, skills, tricks, shooting, crossing to rival the best players in the world, but he constantly tries to do it all alone. He rarely passes, he never just puts the ball in the box he has to attempt the beat 4 players first. Knocky knows when the pass and knows when to cross and he knows when to **** around beating a man (most the time), Ben Arfa doesn't, he thinks it's just him out there. I know who I'd choose right now, Knocky.

Jesus fcking Christ can we please have some normality here? Hatem Ben Arfa is better than Knockaert.

Like I said HBA is extremely talented, but his decision making is awful. Try and watch as much of Newcastle as you can, you'll see what I mean. My mates a Newcastle fan and he can't stand him. I would honestly have a lot of players over HBA right now because of how poor his decision making is. You can have all the skill and tricks in the book, but if you keep trying to win the match alone and keep losing the ball you're not going to get very far. Knockaert has nowhere near the amount of outrageous skill that HBA has, but he can still beat a man, and he knows when to play it simple, he knows when to put the ball in the box and he knows to play a team mate in, things HBA seems incapable of doing right now. HBA needs to iron out his selfish streak or he going to find himself on Newcastle's bench for a long time to come.

Actually I think your wrong there. Knocky has become a pretty intelligent football, who makes good decisions. Ben Arfa is the most frustrating player in history and that's why he on the bench. He has everything in his locker, skills, tricks, shooting, crossing to rival the best players in the world, but he constantly tries to do it all alone. He rarely passes, he never just puts the ball in the box he has to attempt the beat 4 players first. Knocky knows when the pass and knows when to cross and he knows when to **** around beating a man (most the time), Ben Arfa doesn't, he thinks it's just him out there. I know who I'd choose right now, Knocky.

I can see what you mean, I watched their games against Arsenal and Man City recently with my Newcastle supporting mate, who can't stand him either, and even I was getting irritated and just shouting at the tv for him to pass instead of beating 3 men and then shooting from 30 yards to no avail for the umpteenth time. However if he can just sort out this selfish streak of his and play for the team instead of himself he would be a lot more valuable to them then Knocky would be which is what I meant.

I also think Knocky's talents would be wasted on a manager like Pardew, who could well send him down the same route as Ben Arfa.

Me too. I dont get why he did it.

Maybe it's a French thing and club/fan loyalty is not a thing they make a big fuss about or it's the norm to retweet links to other clubs and not considered disrespectful.

Who knows, different culture, different attitudes.

Archived