Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

Newcastle back in for Knockaert?

Sports Direct news is utter bollocks. 

But if the chance came along, Knockaert comes across as a player who could well snap at the chance of joining someone like Newcastle.

I'd be more wary if someone came in for Knockaert, rather than someone coming in for Liam Moore.

I just don't get why, if a bid does come in, we'd even think of accepting it even if it is a sum of £6-7million. Knockaert is one of our prized assets and he's one of our key weapons to get into the Premier League which will give us a much bigger income than any sale of Knocky will. As well as that, IF we do get to the Prem this year then I think Knockaert will be one of our key players next year. 

Of course we're going to have scouts 'tracking' our players, we're top of the league, but that doesn't mean any bid will come in. 

If Newcastle offered the same deal as Palace got for Zaha (£15m and a loan back) would anyone here take it?

I'd be very tempted by £15m and Koncky here this season - as good as Knocky is £15m pays for 2 or 3 good players (e.g. Hull with Huddlestone & Davies this season, AV with Benteke (of old) the season before).

It's not really that ridiculous is it considering Newcastle is about 185 miles north of us. Trains are a much easier form of transport to France than flying. He's a regular on the Eurostar.

Yes but with making more money which he will it is hardly going to be more difficult to hop on a plane to France.

Yes but with making more money which he will it is hardly going to be more difficult to hop on a plane to France.

It's not the money that is an issue. Flights to France are scheduled much less frequently than Eurostar. Which runs near enough every 20 minutes. You can make a last minute decision to go to France from St Pancras, whereas with flying it's much more hassle. If he goes anywhere it will be to London. 

It's not the money that is an issue. Flights to France are scheduled much less frequently than Eurostar. Which runs near enough every 20 minutes. You can make a last minute decision to go to France from St Pancreas, whereas with flying it's much more hassle. If he goes anywhere it will be to London.

St Pancreas . Brill

I dont like the sound of this, especially as we have just signed Mahrez. Does seem a very similar player to knockaert. I dont think there is any arguement that he would'nt want to sign for Newcastle. He wanted to sign for them a couple of years ago : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7450075/

Check the date on the article: Last Updated: 23/01/12 11:35am. When Tony was still playing for Guingamp :thumbup:

No way would Mike Ashley bid £15m for Knockaert - he's too tight for that!

I dont like the sound of this, especially as we have just signed Mahrez. Does seem a very similar player to knockaert. I dont think there is any arguement that he would'nt want to sign for Newcastle. He wanted to sign for them a couple of years ago : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7450075/

Have you seen him play? Is he good?

Retweeting stuff about him being linked to Newcastle. Find that really irritating myself.

https://twitter.com/Aknockaert

I / he (presumably) sees it as a compliment to be linked / watched by such French sides like Newcastle.

Nothing to worry about - though RT speculation is against Pearson's ethos, and Mahrez did that and moved.

Maybe he's a straight replacement...

It's too early for him to move, I think even he knows that an'all. No sweat.

Yeah, poor move for him given our respective league positions.

In a year's time, he could be a regular starter for a Premier League team in lower mid-table (which is where I think we should be aiming in the first season) or benchwarming for a higher mid table side. As much as I love Tony, he isn't Ben Arfa just yet. 

He'll be a top player but will need regular football in the Premier League, I think we might just be able to offer him both in August.

Archived