Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Steam

Can anyone recommend any decent games on steam? trying to find a new RPG to play and wouldnt mind playing something a little older. Was looking at the original Fallout has anyone played it? any good? Any other recommendations would be much appreciated

Original Fallout is the best, if you don't mind very dated graphics (it's from 1997 I think). Can't go wrong with that. Best crpg ever as far as I'm concerned.

If you can get Fallout 1, Fallout 2 (bigger but also cheesier) and Tactics in the bundle, go for it. They're cheap these days anyway. If you like rpgs with great setting, memorable characters, choices & consequences you won't regret it. Also Planescape Tornment is great rpg, brilliant story set in unique fantasy world (has dated graphics as well but if you had played Baldurs Gate you wouldn't mind; there's quite a bit of text to read though unlike in contemporary games).

There was another rpg from the same company I think, Arcanum, also one of the best ones ever imo, so you could give it a shot, especially if you like steampunk.

thx alot for your suggestions. Graphics dont bother me aslong as its a good story. Think i will get the fallout bundle tomorrow (pay day) and give it a go. Will look at the others suggested as well see how much they are

Np mate. If you don't mind not having them on Steam, Fallout originals bundle as well as Arcanum are on sale on GOG right now, theres still 7 days left (GOG is basically same thing as Steam, works about the same, it's even more convenient in that you can actually download games to your hd and play offline whenever you want and they come DRM-free). 67 to 75% discount which is a steal imo. I see they have another great rpg (a bit newer, in 3D) Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines, brilliant atmosphere, also higly recommended ;)

https://www.gog.com/

Seems like they have Planescape Torment discounted too and lots of others... Summer sale, apparently (no, I'm not working for them :))

Downloaded Fallout 3 GOTY edition last night and went to load it up and it turns out Fallout 3 isn't compatible on Windows 10. Spent an hour watching Youtube vids trying to get it to work to no avail. Seriously pissed off. Complete waste of money. Don't suppose anybody else has had similar problems?

I'm interested if it's still available.

:D?

yeah i still have it. sorry i missed your reply, got lost amongst the politics and england threads. add me on steam (Beliall) you can identify me by the LCFC badge as my profile pic, then ill send it to you

if you purchase them as gifts, or recieve a gift copy

Thought so.

Really don't see why you can't give your old games to others.

Never heard of it, ill check it out. If you like frontier, have you looked at Elite Dangerous?

Not sure how well my laptop would run it tbh, this one's a few years old but it's got a lot of stuff elite dangerous hasn't, such as landing on planets and building Walker robots you can pilot on planets. You can also customise your entire ship.

Ok well you got me there. Elite dangerous does allow planetary landings , no robots though I'm afraid. I know a few people who play on laptop, and its only £13 on steam at the moment

yeah i still have it. sorry i missed your reply, got lost amongst the politics and england threads. add me on steam (Beliall) you can identify me by the LCFC badge as my profile pic, then ill send it to you

added :D

• 2 months later...

Archived