Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Suffolk_fox

Youngy - "We won't lose between now and the end of the season"

In his day he was a bigger star/hero than anyone on the team at the moment.

That's fine, but pretty irrelevant to me for the fact that I wasn't around when he was a star, and he's not "in his day" anymore.

Forgot about this thread , seems except for a piss up related performance against Brighton Youngy wasn't far wrong , and yet he was slagged off by a lot on here , perhaps he knows abit after all .

Not really, he was wrong. 

He's an ex professional footballer with UEFA coaching badges. It amazes me how people who work in an office or a shop think they know better than him. You might not agree with him but it doesn't mean he's wrong.

FFS

The man once thought Lee Danns was being taken off the pitch because he had dangerous hair and claimed no professional team can ever be successful in the Championship playing 4-4-2 with wide men when challenged by fans about Sven's formation, it's quite easy for people to claim they more than him, just don't make stupid statements like that and you know more than him. He's a tool.

Not been able to take him seriously since his patronising, insulting tone towards the caller following the Millwall 3-0 which saw Sven sacked and how insistent he was that 'Mr Eriksson would not be sacked'

He's not really a fan, I could be an MK Dons fan if the local radio picked me up off the street and paid me to watch a bit of football

Absolutely this, his defence of "Mr Eriksson"  was the most embarrassing 30 minutes of local radio I've ever herd, he was insulting towards a large section of the fan base and displayed a complete lack of insight into football tactics. Funniest thing of all Sven was gone the next day which made him look even worse.

So he gets a few names wrong, so what? 

If that was it I wouldn't mind

When you're being corrected on a regular basis on such things as what formation the opposition is playing and which players are playing in which position by an apprentice reject it's time to start worrying. 

Yakubu 20 games 11 goals - under 1 in 2

Young 104 games 26 goals - 1 in 4

As a professional striker how dare he have had the gall to criticise Yakubu the way he did. 'All he does is score goals'..... shade of jealousy. It was also bizarre how he went through that period of calling anyone with dark skin Mister...... Mr Yakubu, Mr Danns

Yakubu 20 games 11 goals - under 1 in 2

Young 104 games 26 goals - 1 in 4

As a professional striker how dare he have had the gall to criticise Yakubu the way he did. 'All he does is score goals'..... shade of jealousy. It was also bizarre how he went through that period of calling anyone with dark skin Mister...... Mr Yakubu, Mr Danns

I couldn't stand Yakubu. Absolute lazy so and so. Same as Beckford. Young was right on both of them

I couldn't stand Yakubu. Absolute lazy so and so. Same as Beckford. Young was right on both of them

The difference with Yakubu and Beckford was that Yakubu scored goals. Beckford was lazy and provided nothing.

I'd take another Yakubu style player in a heart beat if he could guarantee 15 goals next season.

Some of the greatest strikers in the world did nothing but score goals, the rest of the team did the rest.

The difference with Yakubu and Beckford was that Yakubu scored goals. Beckford was lazy and provided nothing.

I'd take another Yakubu style player in a heart beat if he could guarantee 15 goals next season.

Some of the greatest strikers in the world did nothing but score goals, the rest of the team did the rest.

There's a difference between being a goal poacher and being completely lazy. I like to see players giving 100% and Yakubu barely ever did that.

That's fine, but pretty irrelevant to me for the fact that I wasn't around when he was a star, and he's not "in his day" anymore.

There you go. Just because you weren't around when he was doesn't mean that he shouldn't be surprised that people don't know who he is in Leicester City circles. If Kevin Keegan was in Liverpool I'd hope he'd get a pass at a few doors or Cantona in Manchester or Banksy in Leicester.

Just because you're a whipper snapper doesn't mean you can't learn some history about the club you love.

Ever heard of Pele?

Also I think it could have been between English or Mark Heatley and Milne chose English .

Hately?

There you go. Just because you weren't around when he was doesn't mean that he shouldn't be surprised that people don't know who he is in Leicester City circles. If Kevin Keegan was in Liverpool I'd hope he'd get a pass at a few doors or Cantona in Manchester or Banksy in Leicester.

Just because you're a whipper snapper doesn't mean you can't learn some history about the club you love.

Ever heard of Pele?

Wouldn't hardly say I'm a whipper snapper. Have a very good knowledge of our club's history from 1993 onwards. But that's only because I witnessed it all pretty much first hand. I couldn't possibly comment on someone I've never even seen in highlights for us, but that's just my personal take on things like that. Of course I've heard of pele, but I know very little about him too.

Even so with all that, my original point still stands. We aren't in his day anymore and to me, he was lauding things up like he's done something towards the success when he hadn't.

Again, maybe that's just me.

Archived