Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Wigan Away - REARRANGED FOR APRIL 1st, 7:45pm.

It's still highly unlikely that this will be the night in my eyes. We need to get 5 more points than QPR in our next four games (and they play five in that time by the way) and 7 more than Derby.

I think after their next 4 games the maximum they'll both be able to reach is 91 points (that's with some very generous allowances for what they might pick up in those 4 matches given their fixtures) - see my post in the 'Points for Promotion' thread.

If we can therefore reach 89/90 points with our next 5 matches (4 wins out of five or 4 wins and a draw) then we'll have a very good chance of this being the night. It sounds a lot but our next three games are very winnable, especially given the way we're playing at the moment.

I think after their next 4 games the maximum they'll both be able to reach is 91 points (that's with some very generous allowances for what they might pick up in those 4 matches given their fixtures) - see my post in the 'Points for Promotion' thread.

If we can therefore reach 89/90 points with our next 5 matches (4 wins out of five or 4 wins and a draw) then we'll have a very good chance of this being the night. It sounds a lot but our next three games are very winnable, especially given the way we're playing at the moment.

I'd hate to break the curse - but it's already beyond realistic that we're going to throw it away. But to make Wigan the first game we can confirm it mathematically QPR must take no more than 8pts from:

Yeovil (H)

Wednesday (A)

Boro (A)

Wigan (H)

Blackpool (H)

and, at the same time, Derby take no more than 5pts from:

Reading (A)

Forest (H)

Ipswich (A)

Charlton (H)

Plus we take the necessary points. Don't get me wrong, it's far from impossible. But even on current form for all sides involved - it's not likely.

I don't think it will be before the Brighton game and, in all probability, I can see it being Reading away.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine for this, gutted it got moved from a Saturday though, think we would have taken more here than to Blackburn.

Hoping for a good turnout still.  Probably shift tons more if we win tomorrow and against Burnley.

Archived