Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Wigan Away - REARRANGED FOR APRIL 1st, 7:45pm.

Staying with a mate in Liverpool for this so will also be on the replacement bus.

It's shit that it takes about 25 mins to half an hour on the train to Wigan but a replacement bus takes 2 hours!!

I still haven't even got my ticket for this yet for one reason or another. Gonna have to get it sorted in the morning.

anyone who's been before, give me the chances out of 10 of making a 9.57 train home?

The station from the ground is around a 15 minute walk, so I'd leave maybe a minute before the final whistle latest time 9:35pm, otherwise you could get caught in the crowds leaving the stadium and as some of us know some away days it can take ages to get out.

Also just to warn u, from what i remember last time i went there's no pub near the ground!

The station from the ground is around a 15 minute walk, so I'd leave maybe a minute before the final whistle latest time 9:35pm, otherwise you could get caught in the crowds leaving the stadium and as some of us know some away days it can take ages to get out.

Also just to warn u, from what i remember last time i went there's no pub near the ground!

Can you remember a decent pub between the station and ground? Getting the 17.37 train I think so should be in Wigan by 6.15 at the latest.

Can you remember a decent pub between the station and ground? Getting the 17.37 train I think so should be in Wigan by 6.15 at the latest.

There's the Orwell which is on (don't laugh) Wigan pier! but that's the only one on route i believe. Otherwise "The Moon Under The Water" wetherspoons in town. That is not to far from the station. There is a pub opposite the station i believe aswell but I cannot remember the name.

It's shit that it takes about 25 mins to half an hour on the train to Wigan but a replacement bus takes 2 hours!!

I still haven't even got my ticket for this yet for one reason or another. Gonna have to get it sorted in the morning.

This is what stopped me from staying in Liverpool overnight...Manchester hotel it is then.

There's a local hero style pub near the ground and I've seen away fans in there in the past. Plenty of bars in town around king st area.

At the moment I'm not going to this, Blackburn and burnley has been enough for my bank account but may be unable to resist on the day.

No beggars after priority ref numbers for this????

Hope lcfc ticket office put a stop on this and ask for Valid I.D

Btw out of interest how many we sold so far?

You've really got a chip on your shoulder about that haven't you.

No beggars after priority ref numbers for this????

Hope lcfc ticket office put a stop on this and ask for Valid I.D

Btw out of interest how many we sold so far?

What is your problem? lol I don't get it.

Reckon we'll have about 2,500 at this.

That would be pretty decent really, considering its a midweeker. I would have gone but out of pocket at the moment from the last two away days and plus been to Wigan in the past not of the one of the most exciting places i've been to. Anyway the ones who are going, make sure as usual you make a plenty of noise. 

Me? Or Voll? I can assure you we've been to more than enough between us this year.

What I'm saying is, it's a win win for the ST holder and the person using the Ref No.

The person who can and wants to go, gets a ticket, the ST holder who may either not want too or can't possibly make it gets points on his ST.

So what's the problem?

No chip here vol

Good turn out 2500

If you went to more away games you wouldn't need a ref number

Sure even you can add up..mr salt and vinegar

I don't have a season ticket unfortunately, I live nearly 200 miles from the ground and haven't been in a position to afford one for a couple of years.

I go to as many away games as I'm able and sing my heart out for the lads for 90 minutes when I do. That OK with you?

Archived