Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

Teachers Strike March 26th

No.

Between 55 and 59 hours for teachers. 63 is for head masters, who aren't teachers. Add a dose of reality taking into account that this is self reported and teachers have an incentive to embellish their actual hours somewhat and it's clear they're not all working the ridiculous hours many claim. Even if we take the report on face value it shows that teachers arent working as much as they claim.

What you mean is "I don't believe this, because I don't want to believe this". Got it. I think your bitterness about teachers is apparent to everyone on here. Also, you're making the assumption that Teachers don't work in the holiday. I'm on Easter break, and I've been working since I got up.

What you mean is "I don't believe this, because I don't want to believe this". Got it. I think your bitterness about teachers is apparent to everyone on here. Also, you're making the assumption that Teachers don't work in the holiday. I'm on Easter break, and I've been working since I got up.

No, what I mean is that it's common sense to think that a self reported diary is likely to be embellished in the favour of the completer. I'm not bitter towards teachers at all. Just thought a proper report on their actual working hours is a good contribution to this discussion. Unfortunately the report didn't go into how much work teachers do during their holidays. Doubtless it just happens to be the case that they're working sixty seventy hours during holidays.

No.

Between 55 and 59 hours for teachers. 63 is for head masters, who aren't teachers. Add a dose of reality taking into account that this is self reported and teachers have an incentive to embellish their actual hours somewhat and it's clear they're not all working the ridiculous hours many claim. Even if we take the report on face value it shows that teachers arent working as much as they claim.

In my reply, if you can read it through your clouded judgement, I included head TEACHERS as stated in the report. There are no such thing as headmasters these days. Head teachers teach as well as administrate.

How can you say teachers aren't working as much as they claim when the report based directly on their work diaries. Are you saying it's all made up? How do you know. You are merely making assumptions that the report is innacurate because you assume the teachers falsify the reporting and that is what you want to believe.

Are you never wrong? Or are you only wrong when to be wrong is right?

No, what I mean is that it's common sense to think that a self reported diary is (1) likely to be embellished in the favour of the completer. I'm not bitter towards teachers at all. Just thought (1a) a proper report on their actual working hours is a good contribution to this discussion. Unfortunately the report didn't go into how much work teachers do during their holidays.(2) Doubtless it just happens to be the case that they're working sixty seventy hours during holidays.

(1, 1a) Sorry this is self-contradiction.

You can't have it both ways.

(2) Are you now saying you DO  believe that teachers DO actually work more than term time hours?

In my reply, if you can read it through your clouded judgement, I included head TEACHERS as stated in the report. There are no such thing as headmasters these days. Head teachers teach as well as administrate.

How can you say teachers aren't working as much as they claim when the report based directly on their work diaries. Are you saying it's all made up? How do you know. You are merely making assumptions that the report is innacurate because you assume the teachers falsify the reporting and that is what you want to believe.

A troll never lies Parafox.

How can you say teachers aren't working as much as they claim when the report based directly on their work diaries. Are you saying it's all made up? How do you know. You are merely making assumptions that the report is innacurate because you assume the teachers falsify the reporting and that is what you want to believe.

I'm saying the report goes against what teachers have claimed on here in the past and what we often here from teachers in public ie that they're working til 10pm every night and all weekend

(1, 1a) Sorry this is self-contradiction.

You can't have it both ways.

(2) Are you now saying you DO believe that teachers DO actually work more than term time hours?

1 - ok lets ignore the obvious liklihood of embellishment and take it at face value. 55 hours is no more than average for any profession.

2 - I believe they work some hours outside of term time but unfortunately the report didn't make that clear. My remark was an attempt at sarcastic humour, alluding to the probability that our resident teachers, having had the credibility of their claims somewhat damaged by the report, will take advantage of the grey area by claiming they are working all hours during holidays. You can see it has already started.

1 - ok lets ignore the obvious liklihood of embellishment and take it at face value. 55 hours is no more than average for any profession.

2 - I believe they work some hours outside of term time but unfortunately the report didn't make that clear. My remark was an attempt at sarcastic humour, alluding to the probability that our resident teachers, having had the credibility of their claims somewhat damaged by the report, will take advantage of the grey area by claiming they are working all hours during holidays. You can see it has already started.

So you set out to intentionally wind people up, bait and attack them for your own sport.

But you did it badly as you weren't smart enough to read the report properly.

What an awful little man you must be.

So you set out to intentionally wind people up, bait and attack them for your own sport.

But you did it badly as you weren't smart enough to read the report properly.

What an awful little man you must be.

I read the report properly and presented it correctly. No baiting intended. Are you a teacher? You seem tp be following the typical teacher response of getting suspiciously upset whenever questioned however mildly.

I read the report properly and presented it correctly. No baiting intended. Are you a teacher? You seem tp be following the typical teacher response of getting suspiciously upset whenever questioned however mildly.

No you didn't, You read the report and went "it must not be true". Come on, you're normally much better at trolling than this. This is poor, even by your standards.

No you didn't, You read the report and went "it must not be true". Come on, you're normally much better at trolling than this. This is poor, even by your standards.

I'm quite happy for us to take the report on face value. It still shows that teachers work no more than anyone else. I was just trying to apply a bit of common sense to it to get a more realistic picture.

I'm quite happy for us to take the report on face value. It still shows that teachers work no more than anyone else.

I was just trying to apply some daft assumptions to it, in order to make it fit my opinions. I was hoping to call people out in an attempt to make them justify what they do - it make's my life more fulfilled by prejudicing demographics I know very little about.

I'm a horrible little man.

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

Woah neat trick. Seriously impressive.

This thread is about teachers striking and one of the main justifications teachers use for striking is their supposed high workload. This credible report shows that they work no more hours than is expected in any other profession. As a tax payer and a responsible member of a democracy I'm entitled, even compelled, to use reports such as this to question the justification for striking. If that makes me a horrible little man then so be it. At least my fingers are clean.

This thread is about teachers striking and one of the main justifications teachers use for striking is their supposed high workload. This credible report shows that they work no more hours than is expected in any other profession. As a tax payer and a responsible member of a democracy I'm entitled, even compelled, to use reports such as this to question the justification for striking. If that makes me a horrible little man then so be it. At least my fingers are clean.

I don't think, despite various people asking, you've ever actually had the bollocks to tell us what you do for a living. 

I don't think, despite various people asking, you've ever actually had the bollocks to tell us what you do for a living. 

But we do know he's brilliant at it, though doesn't feel he earns enough money despite the fact he spends most of his day working as a professional troll on a football internet forum.

Should I be worried? - do trolls have a union to protect them from being de-professionalised, over-worked, under-paid and exploited? 

Or is that Webbo's role?

lol  :ph34r:

The average working week is 43 hours. But now it's credible? Earlier you were saying that teachers were lying about their hours. Why don't you flip-flop a little more?

I'm quite happy for us to take the report on face value. It still shows that teachers work no more than anyone else. I was just trying to apply a bit of common sense to it to get a more realistic picture.

It's not "common sense", don't give me that rubbish. It's called "making stuff up", and do that. I could say that Teachers under-estimated the amount that they work, and in fact work 70 hours a week. That's just as credible as your 'interpretation' (meaning, based on no evidence whatsoever). 

As others have said - what do you do for a living? 

The average working week is 43 hours. But now it's credible? Earlier you were saying that teachers were lying about their hours. Why don't you flip-flop little more?

It's not "common sense", don't give me that rubbish. It's called "making stuff up", and do that. I could say that Teachers under-estimated the amount that they work, and in fact work 70 hours a week. That's just as credible as your 'interpretation' (meaning, based on no evidence whatsoever).

As others have said - what do you do for a living?

43 hours might be the overall average but it's not the average for other professionals on similar payscales to teachers.

It's in teachers interests to report that they do more hours than they actually do. That's why it's common sense to suggest that they may have embellished their hours. You can try and deny that based on a weak technicality if you want, personally I prefer basing my opinions on how things are in the real world.

As for what I do for a living, I don't see how it's relevant. When I'm striking in an attempt to get my hands on more public money I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

43 hours might be the overall average but it's not the average for other professionals on similar payscales to teachers.

It's in teachers interests to report that they do more hours than they actually do. That's why it's common sense to suggest that they may have embellished their hours. You can try and deny that based on a weak technicality if you want, personally I prefer basing my opinions on how things are in the real world.

As for what I do for a living, I don't see how it's relevant. When I'm striking in an attempt to get my hands on more public money I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

Hmm, as I expected. No bollocks. Lame. lol

Do you have actual data that supports pay-scale with hours worked, or is that another fictional piece of information which you've made up?

It's also easy to criticise other peoples profession when you're too scared to tell other people what you do for a living.

Do you have actual data that supports pay-scale with hours worked, or is that another fictional piece of information which you've made up?

It's also easy to criticise other peoples profession when you're too scared to tell other people what you do for a living.

Could easily find data which backs up that claim through a two minute google search.

I'm not scared to tell you what I do for a living, I just don't see how it's relevant to this discussion.

Archived