Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

Hi mate, Tom and I intend being there, as long as our silver memberships get us tickets. God only knows where we'll be, I reckon anywhere in sk will do, then we may "lose our way" and end up in sk1. Counting House or Local Hero will be our pre-match destination probably, unless anyone has a better idea. Can't wait, we're back in the big time! Its been too long

Think quite a lot will be in the Swan and Rushes.

I'd much prefer the Swan and Rushes,proper old pub that is.If your parking on Narborough Rd Steve i'm sure its a similar distance.

But regardless we deffo need a pre match pub,maybe even get the flags up as it doesnt look like there gonna let us in the ground with them.

Just to confirm, there will be no official meeting before the Werder Bremen game because there are several absentees. Having said that, the time has come to outline our plans for the opening day:

Everton (H) - Saturday 16 August

Union FS are intending to walk, together as a group, to Filbert Way, departing the Swan & Rushes at 2pm and hoping to be in the ground by 2.30pm.

As will be the case in our SK1 section, singing will be compulsory throughout the walk so we will be meeting from 12 noon at the S&R to warm up the vocal chords.

All members and non-members are welcome to join us in the pub and on the walk to the ground, so if drinking pre-match isn't your thing - see you at 2pm; if it is, when's your round?

We are incredibly excited to see what we can create as a group this season - be it fantastic atmospheres or new friendships - we'll give it everything, every game.

As an aside, stickers are still on sale at £3 for a pack of 50. These will be available before kick-off and at half-time in the stadium.

See you on the 16th.

Union FS

• Like 4

Any new songs we are trying?

Personally mate I'd be up for Dale Cavese.I know its European and a rip off but I think we need a few songs that last for more than 20 seconds,a good 5 minutes of this would be fantastic and no words to learn either.
Edited by The soup nazi

Sounds like you lot are going to totally change the relaxed prematch atmosphere at the Swan, it probably won't go down a storm with the usual crowd who go there.

It's a fair point Carl.

We were there for a few games (admittedly in fewer numbers) towards the back end of last season and whilst we spent most of the time outside there was a bit of singing indoors one game.

Clearly we'll be bringing in business but hopefully not at the expense of long time regulars so it might be worth us trying to keep the singing to outside and mostly on the walk to the stadium.

Do you drink in there pre-match?

I've seen one or two in there now and again,there normally isn't any doormen.

Alright, I know a Newcastle and a Man U fan who have expressed an interest in visiting this season, good to know I won't have to change my plans around them if they come.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed

It's a fair point Carl.

We were there for a few games (admittedly in fewer numbers) towards the back end of last season and whilst we spent most of the time outside there was a bit of singing indoors one game.

Clearly we'll be bringing in business but hopefully not at the expense of long time regulars so it might be worth us trying to keep the singing to outside and mostly on the walk to the stadium.

Do you drink in there pre-match?

We have used the swan as our pre and post match pub for years but after the incident there after last seasons final game we might be trying out some other venues this season. There are loads of regulars with regular seats who will be surprised by a sudden lack of seating but as you say it's a public house and Gaz won't mind the extra business.

We have used the swan as our pre and post match pub for years but after the incident there after last seasons final game we might be trying out some other venues this season. There are loads of regulars with regular seats who will be surprised by a sudden lack of seating but as you say it's a public house and Gaz won't mind the extra business.

What was the incident?

Provisional route will be to head down Jarrom Street, past the Sir Robert Peel pub, take a left at Grasmere Street, crossing Walnut Street onto Burnmoor Street all the way to the stadium.

Just to re-iterate once again, all are welcome and we hope that this will become part of every matchday.

I went in the Peel a few times last season to meet a mate and its a nice place but small so is rammed early, F-Bar ain't too bad either

I went in the Peel a few times last season to meet a mate and its a nice place but small so is rammed early, F-Bar ain't too bad either

Yeah, I like the Peel but you're spilling out on to the road. An Everard's beer tent outside the ground would be ideal.