Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

Was a good atmosphere up in SK1 yesterday, still room for improvement though. 

Could do with a songbook as there was a couple of new chants that I wasn't aware of/didn't know which caused a dip in the amount of people joining in.

Need to slow down and be clearer with songs some of them came across like mumbles.

Also in the top of SK1 (right hand side just past the corner flag going into the next stand) was a small group of fans trying to get songs going which led to two sets of fans signing different songs and sounded awful. This in turn led to the fans on the right hand side being somewhat abusive when their songs didn't come off.

Still a cracking atmosphere and one of the better ones in recent years, just wish we could get more than the back 3-4 rows involved.   

All youngsters in the swan and rushes? Cheers AAS (aka Cretin), you've made my day. I was at filbert street I guess before you were born.

Anyway, brilliant yesterday, well done to all who joined in. Just a couple of things. First, there was a family - mum, dad and a couple of young girls stood next to me on MM. They are going to be there all year, so it would be brilliant if we could tone down some of the language in some of the songs. I know, if they dont like it and all that. But, the older girl - 10 maybe? was stood on her seat and joined in with every song. A future ft'er I reckon. And, when we are a goal down with 10 minutes to go, reckon we should be going for mainstream chants that get the whole of sk joining in, rather than having 20 of you doing the Ulloa song just cos you can. That one should be saved for when we are 3 up against United, or similar.

Nit picking really though, a brilliant effort from all concerned, so wish we lived closer, would be there every week.

Finally, thans to Gary for his amazing offer. I wont adverise it Gaz, but you are a top lad, cheers mate

I'd be up for it if we could get a good number of Union FS together, BTW Loved the flag!

Cheers man, typical that I forgot to bring anything to tie it up with.But yeah I'm up for it,it'd be a shame to waste a home game even if its only half a ground.

Posted in the atmosphere thread too but.... Thanks to everyone at the game on Saturday. Your support undoubtedly made a difference to the lads in winning that point.

Our thoughts are summed up here if you have a spare two or three minutes to read.

Please also let us know if you have any comments or ideas on how we can get it even better for the next game.

It's good to be back!

As for Shrewsbury, we'd suggest A1 (if it is open) as a base. Not sure how many members will be there at this stage but for those that are attending, we'll set up towards the back (behind the scoreboard).

Union FS

• Like 2