Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom's Pasta

Has Pearson ever made a bad signing?

• 2 weeks later...

Weale went shit though didn't he?

You could make a worse Sven 11 though.

Ikeme

Glue

John Paintsil

Jeffrey Bruma

Lee Peltier

(Diamond midfield of course)

Michael Johnson

Jason Banton

Michael Ball

Sol Bamba

Roman Bednar

Jermaine Beckford

Ikeme was a sousa signing. having bamba in there and not mills is ridic

Crikey, folks have got short memories. Adjarevic only played half a season for us, played a handful of games and everybody seemed to think he was the dog's bollocks at the time. I remember his little twisty-turny showboat on his debut against Carlisle like it was yesterday. Got a contract with a view to playing a squad role as he did during his loan spell, but dropped further down the pecking order behind new signings like Wellens* and went on loan to Hereford because he wanted gametime - y'know, like most decent professionals would.

I still recall people going ape-shite at Oakley continually getting chosen in the 09-10 season (mainly because he wasn't scoring, and as we all know if you're a midfielder and don't score every other game you're officially crap) and wanting Astrit brought back from his loan.

* - So you all know who to blame. :thumbup:

Mahrez for €400k was wayyyyyyy too much  :thumbup:

I know right? He's only scored, what, three goals? That's more than £100k a goal, and everyone knows the Forest goal doesn't even count because it was from a saved penalty. Midfielders are there to score goals and if they don't do that - well, they're crap. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Yep, yep, yep.

Hammond as well. I thought Michael Keane was pretty poor.

He is good in the transfer market but seems to have one anomaly every season.

Hammonds been an excellant signing just what we have missed an expereinced defensive midfielder

Ben Marshall!!

Another one I don't see as a bad sigining, young relatively cheap, made a significant contribution with goals and assists, but didn't make the grade in the end, sold on for about what we bought him for.

There are some seriously short memories on here if Ben Marshall is considered a bad signing.

sorry if someone's already made this point, but it seems that pretty much all the so called 'bad signings' were all either free transfers, cover players or players that were used more for experience off the field than on it (Powell, Edworthy etc) . In that case... can't complain one bit with Pearson's recruits

:pearson:

lol

The old "Pearson can't handle big names"

Or maybe he just doesn't like players who don't have the right attitude and application. Cost the club tens of thousands pounds per week and don't represent value for money.

Always makes me laugh how people claim it's a fault of the manager that some players have a dodgy attitude.

Pearson handled these 'big names' to perfection - he got rid of them. That was his way of handling it which, based on the form of us and Bolton, has proven to be very successful.

The sad thing is I'd bet any money you get the same 'argument' again.

Another one I don't see as a bad sigining, young relatively cheap, made a significant contribution with goals and assists, but didn't make the grade in the end, sold on for about what we bought him for.

There are some seriously short memories on here if Ben Marshall is considered a bad signing.

quite agree - a very exciting signing at the time and scored  some memorable goals - lost the plot sadly  which cant be NP's fault

quite agree - a very exciting signing at the time and scored  some memorable goals - lost the plot sadly  which cant be NP's fault

Even if you could blame Pearson for not developing him to his potential, and helping him manage his off field issues, it still doesn't make him a bad signing, just that he was badly managed (not that I am saying that).

In terms of picking up a young, exciting, promising player who ended up being called up for the U21s, for under £1m, who played 56 games and scored 7 goals, and got sold on for around the same money, if that is Pearson's worst signing then he has an amazing record.

For people saying the Ben Marshall deal was a bad one, the club made about £500k profit when they sold him on. And they spent £350k on Mahrez. PEARSON OUT  :scarf:

Do you know the actual figures? I've read £750k rising to £1m, to sign him and a deal worth up to £1m to sell, so I thought we probably made our money back.

Archived