Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom's Pasta

Has Pearson ever made a bad signing?

The question is, can he make a good and strong signing to add to the team for the premier. Top players will be difficult to handle and he seams to find that hard.

lol

The old "Pearson can't handle big names"

Or maybe he just doesn't like players who don't have the right attitude and application. Cost the club tens of thousands pounds per week and don't represent value for money.

Weale went shit though didn't he?

You could make a worse Sven 11 though.

Ikeme

Glue

John Paintsil

Jeffrey Bruma

Lee Peltier

(Diamond midfield of course)

Michael Johnson

Jason Banton

Michael Ball

Sol Bamba

Roman Bednar

Jermaine Beckford

Weale went shit though didn't he?

You could make a worse Sven 11 though.

Ikeme

Glue

John Paintsil

Jeffrey Bruma

Lee Peltier

(Diamond midfield of course)

Michael Johnson

Jason Banton

Michael Ball

Sol Bamba

Roman Bednar

Jermaine Beckford

Ricardo?

Not sure there is enough data on Bakayogo.  He only had a couple of games here, then he was loaned out and got hurt for the season in his first game at Yeovil.  He was signed as cover at LB, admittedly a weak spot at the time with really only Konch there and Schlupp was still pushing for starts as a striker.  I remember when we tried Was and Moore as outside defenders in December and people were quite vocal that was not where they should be playing.   I hope he gets a decent shout somewhere - you hate to see a setback like that end his progression.

People genuinely think Dean Hammond was a bad signing?

I personally like him, he isn't a flash player who's going to beat players and score wonder goals but he's in there as a robust midfielder who breaks up the play, gives away good fouls and protects the back four. I wouldn't want him starting week in week out but excellent squad player 

Wellens was great for the first half of his career here. Then someone gave him a new contract when his best days were clearly behind him - forget who it was now.

No way was he a bad signing initially though. He was maybe a bit of a tosser but brought real control to the midfield. He was maybe a bad RE-signing but that wasn't down to Nige.

Hammond has done exactly what we bought him for - we had been crying out for a midfield general for a while, he's not quick and he's not very showy but I certainly didn't expect Yaya Touré.

We needed experience and we desperately needed steel for games like Millwall away and that's what we got.

I'm far from his biggest fan (he's so frustratingly slow) but he was cheap and available so he's definitely a bad signing, on the flip side you could argue he's not a great one.

Harry Kane is a good player, has excellent control, but didn't quite work out for us. Only one I can think of that played regularly was Mcgivern, but he wasn't awful just really really average. Bakayago hasn't played enough games to make a judgement on...

Archived