Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes1

The QPR invasion of Leicester

Why the media persist in focussing on QPR is beyond me. Of the London clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Fulham and Crystal Palace are all bigger clubs, with larger support and prouder histories.

QPR are on a level with Charlton and Milwall, and just slightly above Orient and Brentford.

QPR was a small club that suddenly in the 70s then again in the 80s,became big when they got promoted from the depths, and suddenly the London journalist picked up on it, and they became trendy or 'in'.They started to entice and buy big named experienced players and invested in some decent charismstic talented youth, and yes they played good football.

Stan Bowles Rodney marsh, the to be England captain .......Gerry Francis. Don Givens, Dave Thomas.

I would say at first in those years they were an attractive and respected club, liked , also from opposition fans.

Be nice to Tony Fernandez tomorrow as he is one of our Club Sponsors. For an clever businessman, you

have to wonder how 'Arry' has managed to take him to the cleaners big time, with a huge investment in

Club 'Saga'. At least our Owners, to their immense credit, pulled the plug on Sven relatively quickly in comparison, with well managed damage limitation.

To be fair to joey barton, on twitter he is interesting and tells it as it is, shame he's such a dick on the pitch !

until he says "i think we will win the play offs"

you can't say that. its a lottery. he is setting himself up for a huge fall

QPR was a small club that suddenly in the 70s then again in the 80s,became big when they got promoted from the depths, and suddenly the London journalist picked up on it, and they became trendy or 'in'.They started to entice and buy big named experienced players and invested in some decent charismstic talented youth, and yes they played good football.

Stan Bowles Rodney marsh, the to be England captain .......Gerry Francis. Don Givens, Dave Thomas.

I would say at first in those years they were an attractive and respected club, liked , also from opposition fans.

Used to watch them quite a bit back then as they were my local team.

Superb side, although my clearest memory is them blowing an unassailable 5-0 lead in the UEFA Cup against Slovan Bratislava :D  

Shit fans.

There's a difference between low numbers of travelling support and being shit. Lots of teams have brought less than 1000 to ours this season, but some of them have been vocal and supported their teams better than those travelling in bigger numbers.

I have lived in London over 10 years and can honestly say I have never met a QPR fan. Their catchment area has been squeezed (as has Fulham's) massively by Chelsea's success.

Archived