Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

When will we ever play at the new Wembley?

In the 90s Wembley was like a 2nd home to us we would be playing there as often as the top clubs in the Country, now we are part of a elite group of clubs who have still not played there since its construction and now no longer have the Play Offs as an option to us next season. When will we play there? We've had a couple of cup quarter final appearances under Pearson last few seasons could we hopefully see a FA Cup semi final or final 1 day or even another league cup final soon hopefully?

In the 90s Wembley was like a 2nd home to us we would be playing there as often as the top clubs in the Country, now we are part of a elite group of clubs who have still not played there since its construction and now no longer have the Play Offs as an option to us next season. When will we play there? We've had a couple of cup quarter final appearances under Pearson last few seasons could we hopefully see a FA Cup semi final or final 1 day or even another league cup final soon hopefully?

I don't know this as a fact but I would imagine there are more clubs that havn't played at the new Wembley than have played there, so it's not that elite, besides elite isn't even the right word is it? Elite means special, as in something good, superior.

Anyway to the question, I'll like us to survive next year, i'll take 17th now - I think we'll finish higher and hope we do but offer me 17th now and i'll snap your hand off, we should then build on this establish ourselves in the PL, then go on a cup hunt, similar to what we did in the 90's really.

I've always said I will never go to Wembley until Leicester play there.

It's a shame that the FA Cup isn't as prestigious as it used to be.

On the flip side, there's no reason why a club like ours can't be in the final in a year or two like Hull/Wigan have done. 

It would be nice to finally put our name on that trophy.

I don't know this as a fact but I would imagine there are more clubs that havn't played at the new Wembley than have played there, so it's not that elite, besides elite isn't even the right word is it? Elite means special, as in something good, superior.

Anyway to the question, I'll like us to survive next year, i'll take 17th now - I think we'll finish higher and hope we do but offer me 17th now and i'll snap your hand off, we should then build on this establish ourselves in the PL, then go on a cup hunt, similar to what we did in the 90's really.

I've always said I will never go to Wembley until Leicester play there.

My apologies you are quite right when you take into account all the football clubs their are in the World it is actually the majority who haven't played there. My choice of word is the wrong word thanks for taking the time out to point out to me. By the way I would like to point out reading your post havn't isn't the right word either.

Can't speak for everyone but I'm in no rush to see us at Wembley.

I'd much prefer two or three years of consolidating our position as a Premier League team and developing from that.

That being said, MON managed to do both and make it look easy. No reason why it can't happen.

Archived