Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the_enlightened_one

Your Dream Team

Ok, so I've created this topic purely for a bit of banter and fun (and it's also my first post). Stupidity and realism are both welcome so I'm expecting to see some truly ludicrous suggestions like Lionel Messi signing up and Trevor Benjamin returning. Anyway, to the point, so we've been promoted to the most lucrative league on the planet or so I've heard. We are blessed with Good owners, a good manager, good players and overall, a good structure, but, what if you were the one deciding who we sign, what formation we play and most importantly who actually gets on to the pitch (any football manager addicts should love this). I'm gonna go first and I'm opting to make my attempt more realistic and on the assumption that the current squad is retained entirely, I've gone for a 4-2-3-1 so here goes...

Kasper Schmeichel (GK)

Richie De Laet (DR)

Martin Kelly (DC new signing)

Wes Morgan (DC)

Aaron Cresswell (DL new signing)

Danny Drinkwater (MC)

Scott Parker (MC new signing)

Anthony Knockaert (AMR)

Nick Powell (AMC new signing)

Riyad Mahrez (AML)

Hugo Rodallega (ST new signing)

Subs:-

Sean Mcdermott (new signing)

Liam Moore

Jeff Schlupp

Matty James

Andy King

Lloyd Dyer

Jamie Vardy

I think the players listed as new signings are all realistically sign-able and would compliment the talented squad we already possess. To summarise:-

Martin Kelly is a centre half who currently plays on the fringes of Liverpool's first team, he was also called up to the England squad for 2012's European Championship.

Aaron Cresswell, full back at Ipswich, got into the team of the year alongside some of our own players.

Scott Parker is a no nonsense, experienced leader of a central midfielder as I'm sure you are aware.

Nick Powell is an up and coming versatile attacking player who can play competently in any attacking role, has had a blinding season on loan at Wigan from Manchester United who I believe would be prepared to let him go, on loan at the very least.

Hugo Rodallega has had an unfortunate time at Fulham this season, he hasn't had as much game time as his ability would suggest and will likely have a busy summer representing his native Colombia in the world cup, he was a match winner in his Wigan days not so long ago.

Sean McDermott is a highly rated, young Irish goalkeeper playing his trade in Norway after he was released by Arsenal. This boy has got bags of potential and would make me feel a lot safer then Conrad Logan would, should Kasper get injured.

Opinions welcome. What would yours be? Have a go!

I think we should play a 4-1-4-1 formation.

GK Kasper

RB RDL

CB Morgan

CB Moore/Wague

LB Creswell

CDM Chalobah

RM Mahrez

CM Drinkwater

CM James/another creative midfielder

LM Noone

ST Finnbogason

I think 5 in midfield is key otherwise we will get destroyed. Also, wague because he is tall, young, powerful and cheap.

Like your team except for rodallega. He has a horrendous scoring record.

Also martin kelly plays mostly right back for liverpool and is injury prone

Martin Kelly and Hugo Rodallega were chosen for originality purposes because I haven't seen their names mentioned anywhere on this forum (for good reason I guess), but I rate them both, however, I'm sure there are better options available.

GK Kasper

RB RDL

CB Morgan

CB Moore/Wague

LB Creswell

CDM Chalobah

RM Mahrez

CM Drinkwater

LM Noone

ST Finnbogason

I think 5 in midfield is key otherwise we will get destroyed. Also, wague because he is tall, young, powerful and cheap.

Chalobah would be interesting. I think he already on 30k+ a week.

Chalobah would be interesting. I think he already on 30k+ a week.

Maybe, only on loan I think he would a chance to prove himself to Chelsea that he can play BPL.

As I'm a good boy nowadays, I'm gonna be realistic. 

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - Brooks - Cresswell

James - Krychowiak - Drinkwater

Mahrez - Ben Yedder

Castiagnos

Subs - Logan, Moore, Schlupp, King, Knockaert/Redmond, Nugent, Vardy

John Anthony Brooks - A defender right up our street, young, highly rated, international, and probably wouldn't cost much. Absolute beast standing at 6ft4.

Aaron Cresswell - Think it's inevitable, that we will try and sign him quickly, so others don't get in ahead of us.

Grzegorz Krychowiak - Really like this shout from MC Prussian, the type of player we really need, wouldn't cost loads, adds bite in midfield

Nathan Redmond - If Dyer leaves, and as Norwich will probably go down, Redmond would be an excellent buy, have rated him for a while

Wissam Ben Yedder - Would love him here, the possible link up with him & Mahrez excites me a lot

Luc Castiagnos - This guy could be an absolute beast in a couple of years, 6ft2, highly rated, scoring goals in Eredivise & Holland U21's, he should be our big money signing. 

Don't know about another Right Back - Australian International Luke Wilkshire is out of contract, or maybe get Tomas Kalas from Chelsea on loan.

Maybe, only on loan I think he would a chance to prove himself to Chelsea that he can play BPL.

He's young and plays for Chelsea. Lets face it, he's never going to play in the league for them.

People are looking to start 4-5-6 new signings in an 11. That won't be happening. He's said he wants to keep the squad together so signing that many new players let alone fielding them all instantly is unrealistic.

I agree with those who have posted Cresswell as I think he is the way forward for us at the club at left back and I would also love to see Nick. Powell down here.

Schmeichel

Mahrez - Ben Yedder

Castiagnos

John Anthony Brooks - A defender right up our street, young, highly rated, international, and probably wouldn't cost much. Absolute beast standing at 6ft4.

Aaron Cresswell - Think it's inevitable, that we will try and sign him quickly, so others don't get in ahead of us.

Grzegorz Krychowiak - Really like this shout from MC Prussian, the type of player we really need, wouldn't cost loads, adds bite in midfield

Nathan Redmond - If Dyer leaves, and as Norwich will probably go down, Redmond would be an excellent buy, have rated him for a while

Wissam Ben Yedder - Would love him here, the possible link up with him & Mahrez excites me a lot

Luc Castiagnos - This guy could be an absolute beast in a couple of years, 6ft2, highly rated, scoring goals in Eredivise & Holland U21's, he should be our big money signing.

Don't know about another Right Back - Australian International Luke Wilkshire is out of contract, or maybe get Tomas Kalas from Chelsea on loan.

I thought my team was good, this could be a great for us next season, hope it happens.

Schmeichel

Mahrez - Ben Yedder

Castiagnos

YES!

Martin Kelly and Hugo Rodallega were chosen for originality purposes because I haven't seen their names mentioned anywhere on this forum (for good reason I guess), but I rate them both, however, I'm sure there are better options available.

Kelly's been mentioned several times! By myself and others!

Schmeichel

Mahrez - Ben Yedder

Castiagnos

Nope; you're disqualified. You need to have at least one of your Nordic suggestions in the team.

Hmmm, love these threads...

4-4-2! YES, always. lol

Kasper

De Laet          Morgan            Zouma          Cresswell

Mahrez           Drinkwater       James           Zaha

Vardy            Mitrovic

SUBS: Hamer, Moore, Knockaert, Cleverley, Hammond, Nugent, Wood

Summary: I didn't want to make too many new signings but I think some will be inevitable (New CB, LB, LM, ST)

Kurt Zouma: I don't know much about him other than he's 6ft 3, 19 years old and recently signed by Chelsea for the 'future'. I'd imagine they'd want to loan him to a prem team so he can gain some experience.

Cresswell: Don't need to say anything really.

Zaha&Cleverley: ManU are going to being clearing out a lot of players in the summer. Assuming wages are not an issue, I'd want these two players. Cleverley could play in a midfield 3 with James and Drinky... just like when they were kids :P

Mitrovic: 19yrs old, 6ft 3, goal scorer. I don't know much about him but he plays for Anderlecht so he's obviously a world class talent.

Hamer: I could've said anyone really. Wouldn't be massively surprised if it's still Logan

EDIT: I've changed my mind about Cleverley. It took just 10 seconds after posting for me to miss Andy King.

I'll allow it though as people seemed to have glossed over him. Personally, I think he'd be an outstanding signing if we can get him fit.

He would be, as I said he got into the England squad a couple of years ago without hardly playing for Liverpool, so can't be bad. I'd have him in a heartbeat.

GK Kasper

RB RDL

CB Morgan

CB Moore/Wague

LB Creswell

CDM Chalobah

RM Mahrez

CM Drinkwater

LM Noone

ST Finnbogason

We won't get very far playing no-one at left mid.

Kasper

De Laet-Morgan-Moore/Wisdom-Cresswell

Sidwell-Drinkwater

Blanco/Noone -Knockaert- Mahrez

Fingbasson

Bench: Jakupovic,Brayford,Wasyl,James,Zaha/Yong Lee,Vardy and Nugent

Hmmm, love these threads...

4-4-2! YES, always. lol

Kasper

De Laet          Morgan            Zouma          Cresswell

Mahrez           Drinkwater       James           Zaha

Vardy            Mitrovic

SUBS: Hamer, Moore, Knockaert, Cleverley, Hammond, Nugent, Wood

Summary: I didn't want to make too many new signings but I think some will be inevitable (New CB, LB, LM, ST)

Kurt Zouma: I don't know much about him other than he's 6ft 3, 19 years old and recently signed by Chelsea for the 'future'. I'd imagine they'd want to loan him to a prem team so he can gain some experience.

Cresswell: Don't need to say anything really.

Zaha&Cleverley: ManU are going to being clearing out a lot of players in the summer. Assuming wages are not an issue, I'd want these two players. Cleverley could play in a midfield 3 with James and Drinky... just like when they were kids :P

Mitrovic: 19yrs old, 6ft 3, goal scorer. I don't know much about him but he plays for Anderlecht so he's obviously a world class talent.

Hamer: I could've said anyone really. Wouldn't be massively surprised if it's still Logan

EDIT: I've changed my mind about Cleverley. It took just 10 seconds after posting for me to miss Andy King.

Zaha is shit.

People are looking to start 4-5-6 new signings in an 11. That won't be happening. He's said he wants to keep the squad together so signing that many new players let alone fielding them all instantly is unrealistic.

I agree with those who have posted Cresswell as I think he is the way forward for us at the club at left back and I would also love to see Nick. Powell down here.

It's a difficult one tbh.

I can see us starting the season definitely with a new left-back. Three midfielders in the Prem is highly likely, and I don't think Drinkwater-King-James is good enough, you need someone in there who's physical and adds bite, or has Premier League experience. Central defence, we definitely need to get someone in, I just included Brooks, but I wouldn't mind Moore starting anyway. Most teams who get promoted usually buy a new striker, don't think Nugent could handle the lone role in the Prem, while Vardy is best in a 4-4-2. Just put Ben Yedder in as well, as I don't think Knockaert will cut the mustard.

It may not happen, but I would say 4 new signings at least, should start straight away next season, yes we have a core, but we need to add a bit of quality. 

a 4-1-2-1-2

Schmeichel

De laet                                                                                Morgan                                                                      Moore                                              Tremoulinas

Drinkwater

Knockaert                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Maikon leite

Mackay Steven

Nugent                                                     Vietto

Benoit Tremoulinas is an attacking full back who is on loan at saint-etienne from dynamo kyiv, gets forward very well but is not a weak defender, is good at both jobs and personally i think having an overlapping fullback on both sides would work well especially againt the older full backs in the premier league. He is only 5'8 which could be an issue but we wouldnt be buying him to compete in the air to much, has a very good delivery into the box on him aswell, 28 years old aswell so in his peak. Also strong on each foot so wont feel out of position if we have to play him on the right adnwe can also play him in left midfield and good from the spot. only video i could really find           

Maikon leite an attacking midfielder from brazil who can aslo play on the left or the right, a very skillful and quick player, will run at defences for 90 mins non stop, a very good finisher aswell infront of goal, will get you anywhere between 7-15 goals a season and would be a great addition to the squad                    

Gary Mackay steven, I could not reccomend anybody more than this guy, would be the perfect player for us going forward, an extreme amount of flair and dribbling quailty but also knows when to get it out of his feet and it is about time he showed himself on the big stage, also has a very nice shot on him from the edge of the area, and is lethal on either foot.   

Luciano Vietto. Dont know much about this lad but saw him on another paige on the sight so looked him up on youtube and some other websities and seems like somebody who really would be a great player in the premier league, quick, strong and has the skill to get round his man, 5'11 too so will offer us a half decent presence in the air.

Feedback would be welcome would love to see what you think about these players:)

Archived