Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

Vardy for England!

1. He won promotion to league 2, but was signed for the championship, skipping league 1.

No, it really isn't. He started right down in the Northern Premier, earned a move up, continued working hard and performing well, won promotion, but got picked out for a move up.

It's comparable to this: Person starts in a company as an apprentice, in which the following roles exist:

Apprentice > Deputy operations manager > Operations Manager > Deputy Sales Manager > Sales Manager > Regional co-ordinator > National co-ordinator > Partner > CEO

If they get up to being CEO through that, but got promoted straight to Operations manager rather than deputy, and national co-ordinator rather than regional first, would you then say they haven't worked their way up? No (well anyone who isn't a moronic jizzrag wouldn't say it anyway) So why is it different for football?

You have added 8 steps to the top of the tree? There is no comparison.

It's a reasonable comparison due to both having come up through the lower leagues at a fairly late stage in their careers.

Totally different players, but I'd have Vardy over Lambert every time. Lambert looked a total donkey when he played for England. Can't wait to see Vardy in the Prem.

lol

If we play the 4-2-3-1 system that Pearson used towards the end of the season then I'm not convinced Vardy will even start next season,

For that system to work we need a different type of forward. Controversial maybe but he has not got a good enough first touch to play up front on his own.

If we play the 4-2-3-1 system that Pearson used towards the end of the season then I'm not convinced Vardy will even start next season,

For that system to work we need a different type of forward. Controversial maybe but he has not got a good enough first touch to play up front on his own.

We will go down if this happens

Those are the only 3 though. Plus, it looks like Lallana will be at Liverpool and Shaw at Manchester United. No one can deny that there is an element of bias when you see players like Chris Smalling, Danny Welbeck and Frank Lampard (Sorry Frank) being picked ahead of players from 'smaller' clubs. Anyway, linking to Vardy, I think it's only likely he'll get an England cap if he a.) scores loads of goals or b.) plays for Manchester United.

EDIT: I think Frank Lampard is a brilliant player but I don't understand why he's been picked. Ashley Cole didn't go because Hodgson opted for youth. What makes Lampard different?

Posted this in the England thread:

I know a few eyebrows have been raised by Lampard's inclusion, but I think it's quite an astute move to be honest. That squad is hardly packed with leaders and experience - Lampard's got big tournament experience and he will be a massive help to the young players in the squad, as well as the less-experienced older players.

If you leave out Lampard, in terms of leaders and strong personalities in that squad, you've got Hart and Gerrard, and that's it. I see it as a similar kind of move to when Pearson brought in Powell/Phillips/Hammond - they're not going to be playing an awful lot, but they're invaluable to the less experienced players behind the scenes.

If you're talking about the second goal, Nugent's ricocheted shot, in the 4-1 win then you have it completely wrong. It was a first touch he was trying to take down for himself while cutting back inside the defender - and that went about 5 yards further than he intended.

If you're talking about the second goal, Nugent's ricocheted shot, in the 4-1 win then you have it completely wrong. It was a first touch he was trying to take down for himself while cutting back inside the defender - and that went about 5 yards further than he intended.

No , I'm on about when Leicester broke up field , Nugent flicked it on and vardy back heeled it for Nugent to shoot and vardy hit the rebound against the bar

If we play this formation Vardy will play as one of the wide men

Archived