Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

Vardy for England!

Ok, it's a little optimistic especially for the World Cup. lol!

But how much of a great story would it be for our chap JV to win an England cap. If he steps up next year, it could be possible, couldn't it?

And then a new film could be made. When Saturday Comes 2!

Its not impossible, given that he has pace which many dont. However, his age will count against him, even if he is scoring a few at PL level. He would have to improve his first touch but thats something he can achieve if he is prepared to put the hours in at belvoir drive. His improvement from last year shows that he probably is.

would definitely be an incredible story but at the moment i would put it in the fairytale category. Never say never though. If we make the step up next season in a similar way to soton, then i suspect DD, MJ and LM are more likely to provoke interest from woy.

Ok, it's a little optimistic especially for the World Cup. lol!

But how much of a great story would it be for our chap JV to win an England cap. If he steps up next year, it could be possible, couldn't it?

And then a new film could be made. When Saturday Comes 2!

Loving the optimism.

Natural finisher, quick and I think he's evolved even more from the start of the season. Reminds me a bit like Jermaine Defoe.

He's ready for the premier but he'll need to learn that the premier defences are harder and quicker than Barnsley's defence.

Get that right and tighten up his movement and first touch and he'll make it in the premier.

Vardy reminds me a lot of Shane Long. I think that's a fair comparison.

But let's face it, playing at Leicester won't help his chances. Harry Kane would get picked ahead of him at the moment, simply because he plays for Spurs

I think Drinkwater has got a decent chance of a call up. Maybe James too.

Vardy if he were 4 years younger then possibly.

His work rate is a real asset against Championship defenders, but most international defenders are too skilful to be affected by it. I think he'll be a good "premiership quality" forward in the class of Paul Dickov or Stephen Fletcher.

Hope he proves me wrong. Andy Johnson played 8 times for England, and Vardy is of a similar ability.

I actually emailed Sky in March asking for odds on Vardy getting a cap before Euro 2016 and odds on him scoring for England before Euro 2016 thinking I could make a quick tidy profit and retire early. That wasn't the case and they clearly rate him very highly in Sky Headquarters.

Now he's a premiership striker there's absolutely nothing stopping him from getting a call up for the Euro 2016 qualifiers. England are short of direct, hard-working strikers. And I personally believe that Vardy is unique in that he doesn't simply chase lost causes - he's very intelligent with his pace. 

Natural finisher, quick and I think he's evolved even more from the start of the season. Reminds me a bit like Jermaine Defoe.

He's ready for the premier but he'll need to learn that the premier defences are harder and quicker than Barnsley's defence.

Get that right and tighten up his movement and first touch and he'll make it in the premier.

What he said. Vardy will surprise next season. If it were not for his injury at Burnley he was a good chance IMO to be our leading scorer come end of the season.

He will be playing in one of the best leagues in the world, if he makes the step up (I think he will) giving that lambert played for England, this is very possible. For me it will be him and a new striker starting pretty much every game in the PL

Its not impossible, given that he has pace which many dont. However, his age will count against him, even if he is scoring a few at PL level. He would have to improve his first touch but thats something he can achieve if he is prepared to put the hours in at belvoir drive. His improvement from last year shows that he probably is.

would definitely be an incredible story but at the moment i would put it in the fairytale category. Never say never though. If we make the step up next season in a similar way to soton, then i suspect DD, MJ and LM are more likely to provoke interest from woy.

He's better than Lambert......

I would not say he is better than lambert, completely different type of player but that's besides the point..

Lambert should prove that Vardy's ages is not a problem...

Vardy had a LOT of improving to do before he can play for England lol

Your mad, Vardy is as good as Lambert at the very least and you are in for a shock next season I reckon

Haha I have seen it all now. I love Vardy but for England??? The game would well and truely be gone if he were to play for england. Mental debate

Archived