Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

Vardy for England!

Can't work out if you're fishing or you actually believe that.

Their games are pretty incomparable, but even so Vardy is not as good as Lambert.

It's a reasonable comparison due to both having come up through the lower leagues at a fairly late stage in their careers.

Totally different players, but I'd have Vardy over Lambert every time. Lambert looked a total donkey when he played for England. Can't wait to see Vardy in the Prem.

Your mad, Vardy is as good as Lambert at the very least and you are in for a shock next season I reckon

lol

No, he really isn't. Not yet.

I can't believe some people believe he's better than Lambert. He's a better option for us and the way we play, but a better player? Do me a favour.

And why will I be in for a shock? I haven't said anything about Vardy himself - I expect him to have another good season for us next season.

lol

I can't believe some people believe he's better than Lambert. He's a better option for us and the way we play, but a better player? Do me a favour.

And why will I be in for a shock? I haven't said anything about Vardy himself - I expect him to have another good season for us next season.

Agree 100%

It's a reasonable comparison due to both having come up through the lower leagues at a fairly late stage in their careers.

Totally different players, but I'd have Vardy over Lambert every time. Lambert looked a total donkey when he played for England. Can't wait to see Vardy in the Prem.

he's made 2 starts and 2 sub appearances for england. one was a pathetic team performance in a friendly against germany which we lost 1-0. the other 3 have involved 2 goals and 2 assists. a total donkey. 

Lambert worked his way up the leagues, Vardy jumped 2 divisions. There is really no comparison between the two.

Lambert worked his way up the leagues, Vardy jumped 2 divisions. There is really no comparison between the two.

Ha ha so jumping your way from non league to championship means you haven't worked your way up the leagues?! That's exactly what he's done. A fairytale story, just like Lambert's. Except he's better

he's made 2 starts and 2 sub appearances for england. one was a pathetic team performance in a friendly against germany which we lost 1-0. the other 3 have involved 2 goals and 2 assists. a total donkey.

Was it the Ukraine game he started? Looked totally out of his depth. He's a decent striker, no more. Vardy will be better next season in the prem than Lambert will. That's my opinion. I'd rather have Vardy

lol

But remember when you said a Beckford was better than Vardy ? 😉

it's no real debate, lambert is currently better than vardy and always has been, but who knows what next season will bring! i'm more optimistic about the chances of perhaps the likes of drinkwater, james and moore getting an england cap next year.

it's no real debate, lambert is currently better than vardy and always has been, but who knows what next season will bring! i'm more optimistic about the chances of perhaps the likes of drinkwater, james and moore getting an england cap next year.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks Vardy will play for England.

Ha ha so jumping your way from non league to championship means you haven't worked your way up the leagues?! That's exactly what he's done. A fairytale story, just like Lambert's. Except he's better

You stated vardy came up through the leagues, he didn't. Lambert's goal scoring record is far better.

But remember when you said a Beckford was better than Vardy ? 😉

Ha that's because he was better, in my opinion, at the time. There's no denying that Vardy was a major disappointment last season. But now there's absolutely no contest between them, and no question of who I'd rather have in our team.

Things change over time in football, players hit their peaks at different times. There is every chance Vardy may well become better than Lambert in the future. At this moment in time though there's absolutely that no chance he is.

We'll see what happens next season. Like I say, I expect Vardy to have a very good season but let's not forget Lambert has had 2 premiership seasons, hit double figures in both of them and deservedly worked his way into the England squad.

You stated vardy came up through the leagues, he didn't. Lambert's goal scoring record is far better.

But Vardy has worked his way up the leagues - conference to championship to prem. More so than Lambert did ? I'm missing your point

Ha that's because he was better, in my opinion, at the time. There's no denying that Vardy was a major disappointment last season. But now there's absolutely no contest between them, and no question of who I'd rather have in our team.

Things change over time in football, players hit their peaks at different times. There is every chance Vardy may well become better than Lambert in the future. At this moment in time though there's absolutely that no chance he is.

We'll see what happens next season. Like I say, I expect Vardy to have a very good season but let's not forget Lambert has had 2 premiership seasons, hit double figures in both of them and deservedly worked his way into the England squad.

I think he's better now, but of course he needs to prove it on the bigger stage. Fingers crossed he does. I'm not worried about our strike force next season. Our defence on the other hand.....

I wouldn't be surprised if Vardy did force his way into the England squad if he carries on the form he's been in this season into next.

Guest bss9401

If, and it is quite an "if"; Vardy scored around 10 by Xmas including 5 of the quality of the QPR away goal he would probably make the squad. Like I say, it is quite an if but not impossible. I believe that he has that potential.

It's not as ridiculous as it sounds. England have a real shortage of strikers at the moment. Rooney and Sturridge are the obvious ones, other than that we're really struggling. If Vardy improves at the rate he has done this season, it's not completely inconceivable that he'll get an England cap one day.

I don't think it's likely, but it's possible. England are not very good.

I think, after his first year with us, he had something to enthuse him and aim for and that was to sharpen up and strengthen up for the following season. He did that and proved himself!

I just hope he uses the enticement of competing in the premier and possibly England to enthuse him and help him to become an even better player than the year just gone!

Wow and I thought I was positive :thumbup:

It's not beyond the realms, however, another step up needs to be negotiated first.

The one thing that does encourage me, is that in the Man City game, which was a very one sided affair, the only 2 people who troubled Man City were Lloydy and Vardy when he came on!

Lambert has done all 4 pro leagues, vardy has done 1.

He's worked his way up the leagues though - started right down in the Northern Premier League and got himself up to the Premiership in 4 years through hard work. Does it really matter that he didn't play in each league along the way? He's still worked his way up from the lower leagues up to the top division.

Lambert has done all 4 pro leagues, vardy has done 1.

Vardy's done even better though- he made the jump from conference to championship. Just because he missed two divisions doesn't mean he hasn't worked his way up the leagues. He has

Was it the Ukraine game he started? Looked totally out of his depth. He's a decent striker, no more. Vardy will be better next season in the prem than Lambert will. That's my opinion. I'd rather have Vardy

Think that's a bit harsh on Lambert, That Ukraine game was absolute dross from all 11 starters and he was so isolated upfront.. He also started the game before against Moldova and was Man of the match. Two extremes I know but I think he is somewhere in the middle in term of international calibre. Is he one of the best English centre forwards currently in the premiership? Yes. Whether that says more about the current state of English football I don't know.

If Vardy continues to develop like he has this past 12 months then I can't see why he can't get a cap, In my lifetime I've not seen such a dramatic change in a player. If he improves again then he will really terrorise premiership defenders. I think a lot of it will depend on how Vardy starts the season. He's clearly a player who thrives on confidence and if he has a few goals to his name by the end of September I'll have high hopes he can kick on and have a very good year.

Lambert has scored 13 and set up a further 10 this season. I'll be very happy If Vardy matches this next season.

:vardy:

Don't get all this "he has to improve his first touch" nonsense....

I'd say that's one of the things he has no problem with. Some of the flicks and lay-offs that he was making last season were top class.

If there's one thing that he has to improve I'd say it's his one-on-one finishing. He missed some good opportunities last season (despite scoring some tougher ones) and in The Premier League you don't often see strikers missing glaring opportunities. That's the sort of thing that's most likely to hold him back from pushing on at the next level, and by that I mean Premier League, let alone England.

Archived