Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

Vardy for England!

Isn't his big first touch part of the plan? That's why he won so many pens last year, big first touch, still gets there comfortably in time but draws a challenge wins a pen plays for England. Easy.

Unfortunately, the England set-up has a long-standing policy of picking the shittest players from the top teams, rather than the best players from any other teams.

As most of the top teams barely have any English players, Chelsea's fourth-choice U17s keeper probably has a good chance of making the world cup squad if he's born in this country.

Just got to laugh at this thread. Vardy did great in the championship last season but let's see how he fairs in the premier league before we believe he is good enougth for England. Talking about getting ahead of yourselves, honestly.

Apparently NFP will pick him in 2015.

Unfortunately, the England set-up has a long-standing policy of picking the shittest players from the top teams, rather than the best players from any other teams.

As most of the top teams barely have any English players, Chelsea's fourth-choice U17s keeper probably has a good chance of making the world cup squad if he's born in this country.

Can't say that about Hodgson - he's picked 3 Southampton players - Shaw ahead of Cole (Chelsea) Lambert ahead of Carroll (West Ham) and also Adam Lallana.

Vardy's done even better though- he made the jump from conference to championship. Just because he missed two divisions doesn't mean he hasn't worked his way up the leagues. He has

So by your definition, by not playing in two of the four leagues, equates to working your way through the leagues... That's logical.

Still not a patch on Lambert.

Not good enough, don't think he ever will be. There really are some halfwits here!

Bit harsh, but I agree.

So by your definition, by not playing in two of the four leagues, equates to working your way through the leagues... That's logical.

Still not a patch on Lambert.

Are you drunk? If I go into a job at entry level and get promoted to (for example) operations manager, and then regional manager, and then become a partner, would you tell me I hadn't worked my way up to my current position because I skipped some of the earlier levels? Are you saying you can only work your way up if you make an appearance in every single tier between your initial position and your final one? "That's Logical". 

Are you drunk? If I go into a job at entry level and get promoted to (for example) operations manager, and then regional manager, and then become a partner, would you tell me I hadn't worked my way up to my current position because I skipped some of the earlier levels? Are you saying you can only work your way up if you make an appearance in every single tier between your initial position and your final one? "That's Logical".

Vardy has played in 1 professional league. Lambert has done all 4, do the maths plonker.

One of his best flick on's was the back heel against derby, if that had of been in the prem they'd have raved about it no end .

If you're talking about the second goal, Nugent's ricocheted shot, in the 4-1 win then you have it completely wrong. It was a first touch he was trying to take down for himself while cutting back inside the defender - and that went about 5 yards further than he intended.

Vardy has played in 1 professional league. Lambert has done all 4, do the maths plonker.

You calling anyone a plonker is rich given you've shown yourself to be something of a moron. Vardy started in the Non-league and made his way up. Yes, he jumped a league, that doesn't mean he didn't work his way up, he started at the bottom and made his way up, skipping a couple of levels because he was good enough to make the step up).

Can't say that about Hodgson - he's picked 3 Southampton players - Shaw ahead of Cole (Chelsea) Lambert ahead of Carroll (West Ham) and also Adam Lallana.

Those are the only 3 though. Plus, it looks like Lallana will be at Liverpool and Shaw at Manchester United. No one can deny that there is an element of bias when you see players like Chris Smalling, Danny Welbeck and Frank Lampard (Sorry Frank) being picked ahead of players from 'smaller' clubs. Anyway, linking to Vardy, I think it's only likely he'll get an England cap if he a.) scores loads of goals or b.) plays for Manchester United.

EDIT: I think Frank Lampard is a brilliant player but I don't understand why he's been picked. Ashley Cole didn't go because Hodgson opted for youth. What makes Lampard different?

You calling anyone a plonker is rich given you've shown yourself to be something of a moron. Vardy started in the Non-league and made his way up. Yes, he jumped a league, that doesn't mean he didn't work his way up, he started at the bottom and made his way up, skipping a couple of levels because he was good enough to make the step up).

Make your mind up, jumped 1 or 2 leagues? Totally different to working your way through the leagues.

??? And how is that relevant to working your way through the leagues?

Giggs has only played in one professional league - does that mean he is not as good as Lambert who has played in 4 professional leagues? This is what your post seems to suggest by saying "do the maths". I would suggest that skipping leagues like Vardy (or Giggs, as per my example) shows there was a greater amount of confidence in his ability to succeed at the level.

All this said, I do quite rate Lambert and would definitely pick him over Vardy currently.

Make your mind up, jumped 1 or 2 leagues? Totally different to working your way through the leagues.

1. He won promotion to league 2, but was signed for the championship, skipping league 1.

No, it really isn't. He started right down in the Northern Premier, earned a move up, continued working hard and performing well, won promotion, but got picked out for a move up.

It's comparable to this: Person starts in a company as an apprentice, in which the following roles exist:

Apprentice > Deputy operations manager > Operations Manager > Deputy Sales Manager > Sales Manager > Regional co-ordinator > National co-ordinator > Partner > CEO

If they get up to being CEO through that, but got promoted straight to Operations manager rather than deputy, and national co-ordinator rather than regional first, would you then say they haven't worked their way up? No (well anyone who isn't a moronic jizzrag wouldn't say it anyway) So why is it different for football?

Giggs has only played in one professional league - does that mean he is not as good as Lambert who has played in 4 professional leagues? This is what your post seems to suggest by saying "do the maths". I would suggest that skipping leagues like Vardy (or Giggs, as per my example) shows there was a greater amount of confidence in his ability to succeed at the level.

All this said, I do quite rate Lambert and would definitely pick him over Vardy currently.

Sorry mate you have the wrong end of the stick. Talking about how lambert has worked his way through the leagues by playing in all 4, vardy hasn't as he has played in just the one.

Would not even think woy has even considered him yet.

Yes he has had a good season but it means nothing as of yet.

See how he is doing at xmas then we could judge it.

One season in the championship means nothing he needs to be doing it in the prem.

If he's got a dozen by xmas and a few MOTM he may get a lookin if not he won't.

He's not even our top scorer let alone the league top scorer.

And he won't look so fast in the prem or on the international scene.

Archived