Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

But we've always had the better defence, let's see where we both are in 4 or 5 games.

All fans have bias towards their own clubs, including myself...

But if you seriously believe you do not have the weakest squad in the league then you are simply deluded.

Based on goals conceded, yes. Is there any other way to judge it?

We score more and win more, so of course we are also going to concede more.

When Shackell and Duff get international call-ups then come back and we may re-consider.

So far this season Moore and Morgan have had Lukaku/Costa/Sanogo/Crouch in their pockets...so please behave...we have made better signings than you this season, and already had the better side, arguably man for man.

I would have taken Trippier for De Laet until this season...there is no-one in your starting 11 that would slot into our team.

But if you seriously believe you do not have the weakest squad in the league then you are simply deluded.

Ah, that's a different question. Of course we have, without question. We are miles off even the likes of QPR, I mean they've got Ferdinand and we've only got Duff.

Depends what you mean by 'weakest'. I still believe Burnley will stay up as they will be hard to beat all season, they just need to start scoring more goals.

Depends what you mean by 'weakest'. I still believe Burnley will stay up as they will be hard to beat all season, they just need to start scoring more goals.

Fair enough...but I cannot see them winning matches.

I'm even looking forward to seeing cambiasso and ulloa against them in a few weeks....very disappointed if we don't win.

We score more and win more, so of course we are also going to concede more.

When Shackell and Duff get international call-ups then come back and we may re-consider.

So far this season Moore and Morgan have had Lukaku/Costa/Sanogo/Crouch in their pockets...so please behave...we have made better signings than you this season, and already had the better side, arguably man for man.

I would have taken Trippier for De Laet until this season...there is no-one in your starting 11 that would slot into our team.

I wouldn't argue with any of that, but we do have the better defensive record, that's ALL I said.

Doesn't help with Danny doing his hamstring yesterday.

To be fair I think he is very overrated.

One decent season in his career doesn't make me believe he can keep you up.

Anyway...we have missed vardy, drinkwater, james and cambiasso yet you do not see us complaining about injuries...unfortunately your squad is just too weak.

You'd think we'd have learnt from opposition fans' ignorance towards us. Arguably the weakest set of individuals? Probably. The weakest squad? Contentious. 

I'd rather have Danny Ings than Victor Anichebe, for example. For what it's worth I do think Burnley will go down but I don't think they're as cataclysmically bad as some are suggesting. Sean Dyche might be a bit of a prat in media interviews but he's a stronger manager than the likes of Irvine and Redknapp, to boot.

To be fair I think he is very overrated.

One decent season in his career doesn't make me believe he can keep you up.

Anyway...we have missed vardy, drinkwater, james and cambiasso yet you do not see us complaining about injuries...unfortunately your squad is just too weak.

Again, I won't argue with that. He's looked a bit lost this season, big chance for Sordell ( yea, yea he's shit etc etc ) but he looked the part yesterday.

Ok, here, I'll make it easier. Individually, man for man you have the better defenders, but we have the better defence, leading to a better defensive record.

a better defensive record perhaps, a better defence? just nah. 

We are doing quite nice nicely, thank you. We look excellent at the back, just need to learn how to score. The only difference between us and you is that you had the balls to spend big on a goal scorer.

Errrr would that be the goalscorer who your strikers out scored last year.... I'm not sure that's a great argument.

Errrr would that be the goalscorer who your strikers out scored last year.... I'm not sure that's a great argument.

but they've got no money to spend babs this is a fantastic argument come on you've gotta believe it man

the only difference between burnley and real madrid is a little bit more money to spend really 

You'd think we'd have learnt from opposition fans' ignorance towards us. Arguably the weakest set of individuals? Probably. The weakest squad? Contentious. 

I'd rather have Danny Ings than Victor Anichebe, for example. For what it's worth I do think Burnley will go down but I don't think they're as cataclysmically bad as some are suggesting. 

It isn't ignorance...

The difference between me commenting on Ings and Stoke fans commenting on us is simple....Stoke fans assess us because 'I haven't heard of any of there players', whereas we know what Burnley offer from last season and the previous years.

Ings, before last season scored 6 in 47 championship games.

As for Ings ahead of anichibe...I'm not too sure. Ulloa is a better target man than ings, where as vardy is much quicker, I do not think he could play in the nugent role either, despite being a better player than nugent IMO.

It isn't ignorance...

The difference between me commenting on Ings and Stoke fans commenting on us is simple....Stoke fans assess us because 'I haven't heard of any of there players', whereas we know what Burnley offer from last season and the previous years.

Ings, before last season scored 6 in 47 championship games.

As for Ings ahead of anichibe...I'm not too sure. Ulloa is a better target man than ings, where as vardy is much quicker, I do not think he could play in the nugent role either, despite being a better player than nugent IMO.

And before last season how many had Vardy scored? Not sure why 2 seasons previous are relevant. You're portraying our fans how prats on the Stoke forum, etc portrayed their fans: you're massively underestimating Burnley.

Archived